Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Pioneer Turntable

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ_FunDaBounce http://pioneerdj.com/english/pressrelease/entry/entry.php?ent=20140717

what do you all think about this? I personally enjoy the thought of playing dvs for a bit longer.

I also read somewhere vinyl sales were up 35% in the last year alone. Talk about a comeback!
carldj90 I'm going to pick one up and if I like it more than the Stanton I own, I will get another Pioneer one.

I've been playing a lot more vinyl lately and timecoded vinyl. It's just easier all around for me than CDJs, personally.
Captain Triceps Cost a pretty penny don't they, though? About ?600 I think.
Triquatra I think these days it's just a bit of a gimmick, failing that, a money-grab.

plenty of turntables out on the market.
Captain Triceps Vinyl would have to make a pretty hefty comeback to justify spending this kind of money on turntables, I can't see that many nightclubs wanting to invest either. I still have my 1200s so my opinion might be somewhat skewed, and I certainly wouldn't say no a pair, but I don't think THAT many people are buying vinyl now, despite sales being up. And I bet a lot of those buyers are casual listeners anyway, or already have decks, or are just "look at me buying vinyl" tossers. Back in the day folk were buying more vinyl, because that was the format of the time for DJs. It's not so much the case anymore, and the vinyl vs digital debate doesn't even rage on like it used to either.

In short, they're too expensive.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Cost a pretty penny don't they, though? About ?600 I think.

Yeah. Freaking expensive! I still have my 1200's, as well. Hard to believe it's been over 15 years since I got them. still run perfectly :)
Mortis I doubt very much that labels will start pressing vinyl again so it's more of a gimmick in my mind. One for the vinyl hipsters I think (bagsy the DJ name Vinylhipster).
DjZelous But you have to admit, it's an awesome looking turntable! Well, compared to my stanton str8 80s
Triquatra It just looks like a 1210 mk5, ttx1 far better looking imo.
Samination I wouldnt mind getting one to record vinyl with if the needle is better than the Numark TTUSB I got now. And I think it should work with virtualdj timecoded (if I ever dare to do that)
Triquatra can you not change the cartridge and needle on it?!?!?!

It took 0.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page