Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Shooting Star

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
fakka13k When shooting star first came out on next gen records there was a ham mix and a euro mix which under discogs is by Brisk. Is there actually an original mix by Bang!?
silver Yes, but it was a studio mix that wasn't really something to release.
fakka13k Wonder if it's floating around on the net at all?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Yes, but it was a studio mix that wasn't really something to release.

Didn't Nick release a sample on his website?

Edit: Doesnt seem like he did :(
At the bottom of this link are samples of some of the tracks Brisk & Ham has made 're'mixes off
http://juicylemonmusic.co.uk/juicylemon/all.htm
Hard2Get There is also Luna C's mix which came before all of them but wasn't released, which he gave away for free some years ago. Bears no real resemblance to the other mixes however. The only tune i can think of released under one of his names that has one of his mixes is on is Cloudy Daze, which is actually a very welcome alternative to the Ham mix. There is also the Bang! mix of Twelve Midnight which is an absolute tune; however it is very blatantly engineered by Ham, who did a very good job of it indeed.
Captain Triceps Is it that version that is on The Sound Of Happycore volume 3? There is a full length version on there that I don't think has been released elsewhere. It's not great though.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Is it that version that is on The Sound Of Happycore volume 3? There is a full length version on there that I don't think has been released elsewhere. It's not great though.

I always thought that was the Brisk remix, it sounds like it's engineered by Trixxy. I know Brisk is credited on the "original" vinyl label but it doesn't sound like a Trixxy tune and he was using him at the time. Maybe it was engineered by Ham?

The sample that was on Nick's site has been taken down but it was shit anyway.
Mickey Init The Force & Styles Remix is the best version out there.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
The Force & Styles Remix is the best version out there.

I actually thought it was a let down, coming from those guys.
Samination
quote:

I wonder how muhc Force had to do with the track, considering it was called "Unique" remix on Bonkers. And las time I checked, Unique was only Darren
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

I wonder how muhc Force had to do with the track, considering it was called "Unique" remix on Bonkers. And las time I checked, Unique was only Darren

I never really took to that mix, or most other versions. I only really played the Euro mix or the Ham one. I liked the Al Storm one from a few years back but there are that many different pointless remixes that are so bland or generic it hurts.
Mortis I've found the studio mix/original again.

http://juicylemonmusic.co.uk/juicylemon/samplers/midexint/str_midex_sampler.m3u
CDJay I rarely get to say this, these days, but I think the Darwin remix is horrendously underrated.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I rarely get to say this, these days, but I think the Darwin remix is horrendously underrated.

CDJay

While it's not a terrible remix, and I'm a huge fan of Darwin, what he did with it in my opinion took a lot of that positive essence it had. It just does not sound like it's a right fit for such a huge vocal happy hardcore anthem like Shooting Star. If he had cheesed it up a bit more like with his Toytown remix, it would be a massively better remix!
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I rarely get to say this, these days, but I think the Darwin remix is horrendously underrated.

CDJay

While it's not a terrible remix, and I'm a huge fan of Darwin, what he did with it in my opinion took a lot of that positive essence it had. It just does not sound like it's a right fit for such a huge vocal happy hardcore anthem like Shooting Star. If he had cheesed it up a bit more like with his Toytown remix, it would be a massively better remix!

I actually disagree with this. Darwin's remix has been my favorite version since I first heard it. My only gripe is that it's 174 and not 175, making mixing it harmonically a royal pain.
Dys7
quote:

CDJay

Came here to say this. Probably in my top Darwin tracks of all time.
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

CDJay

Came here to say this. Probably in my top Darwin tracks of all time.

There we go having the exact same music tastes again.
CDJay In thrilling news, and entirely relatedly, we have added stock of the Bang album to the HU store. Check it out, if you missed it on release!

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
In thrilling news, and entirely relatedly, we have added stock of the Bang album to the HU store. Check it out, if you missed it on release!

CDJay

did y'all sell out of filth & dumb hatred? I don't see it in the store.
CDJay C'est Fini.

It's been re-pressed with barcode, and different (HUAACD) catalogue number. Hits HMV/Amazon etc, as well as iTunes/beatport/TID, Sept 1st.

CDJay
Quicksilver Al Storm's solo remix has really grown on me since it was in BODYCOMBAT, but I think my favourite mix of that is Storm & Euphony!! Darwin's I think lack a bit energy, it's a good remix but it feels like it should be cheesier like someone said, more energetic and in-your-face.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
favourite mix of that is Storm & Euphony!!

God, I thought that was crap! I bought it at the time on vinyl without realy listening, I don't think I ever included it in a mix once. There was something about it, can't put my finger on it, just sounded so unfinished to me. Perhaps it just didn't fit in with the stuff I was playing back then, but I definitely prefer Al's remix a few years later.
Eufeion

i'll just leave this here ;)

Sadly not released but official
versia
quote:
Originally posted by Eufeion:

**** man, been waiting on this one for months now! Releaaaaaseeee daaaatttteeee plssssssss.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
favourite mix of that is Storm & Euphony!!

God, I thought that was crap! I bought it at the time on vinyl without realy listening, I don't think I ever included it in a mix once. There was something about it, can't put my finger on it, just sounded so unfinished to me. Perhaps it just didn't fit in with the stuff I was playing back then, but I definitely prefer Al's remix a few years later.

I can understand where you're coming from... but I think it's a SICK remix!!

I've heard that tune soooooo many times, because it was also in Bodycombat, so eventually it surpassed the Unique remix for me, which is now my 2nd fave mix of it.
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Eufeion:

Seriously, when are your big kick remixes going to start coming out? Don't pull a Killed The Rave and make us wait a year and a half please. They're all really good.
Samination wow. another Eufeion I might like? :o Are you going Leigh Outrage on me?

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page