Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Entity taking his leave

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mortis From facebook:

"I'll try and keep this short-ish, and not turn it into something resembling an Oscar winner's acceptance speech.
Due to various reasons, I'm finding that I have less and less time and emotional energy to properly dedicate to writing music. As such, I have made the difficult decision to stop.
I'm very proud of my music and collaborations to-date, but if I'm honest, I don't think I'll be able to maintain the same standard going forward. So, rather than burn-out gradually, I think it's best to stop now, whilst on a high.
I've had a fantastic run, and achieved more than what I ever expected. Had anyone told me many years ago that I'd be on a Bonkers album, meet and work with my heroes, get decent Radio 1 support, mix an album with Slipmatt and then Jon Doe and DJ at phenomenal parties both across the UK and overseas etc. etc. - I'd have laughed until my arse literally dropped off.
The reason I'm actually making this "statement" (sounds too strong a word, but it'll do) is because I have a lot of people that I need to thank, who have all been instrumental in getting me off the ground and keeping me going for almost a decade.
First of all - much love goes to Hardcore Underground for giving me a home. To say that they're working their arses off to keep pushing the music is an understatement and a half. They're all amazing people and I enjoyed working with them. They've stuck with and supported me through both thick and thin.
Owen Hattrixx - Infinitely talented and a real gem. His technical prowess is just jaw-dropping. He's responsible for too many things to list!
Jon Doe (and Mrs. Doe of course!) - "Legend". I could go on for ages here, but in short he is basically responsible for me being here in the first place (ok, maybe my parents were, but you know what I mean), as well as pushing me, getting me exposure in a ridiculously short space of time. I owe an incredible amount of thanks to this man for all his help.
Promoters - both domestic and international - thank you all so much for having me play at some of the most mind-blowing parties that I've ever seen, let alone DJ at, and also for your hospitality. I've got so many memories that are "lifers". Except for Poland. That's just one big blur.
Sharkey - for giving me my first 12 incher
Other DJ's and producers - this is going to take forever so I'll skip it. You know who you are
Finally, to all those who have supported me in one way or another, who have listened/bought my tracks/albums, who have turned up to the dance-floor or listened on the radio. Also to the many *awesome* people I have met over the years. Massive, massive thanks.
I'm also going to be hanging up my headphones around about the end of the year. If any promoters are interested, just drop me a line. I may still pop up here and there in the future on the odd occasion to do a classics set or something. We'll see..
As for the album... I am chewing my knuckles that I even announced it. What's been completed will be released gradually on whatever releases HU decide. Still, there's HU: Live to look forward to (it's awesome btw). Plus, I'm leaving something special for last.....
F**k me, this post was longer than expected.

Much love,

Clive."
skarr Hmmm, could just be another Sharkey / Thumpa ect..... making a massive statement about how he is leaving, get loads of bookings and then doing the opposite, good producer though so would be a shame if he actually did leave.
latininxtc Ugh damn you I was about to post that lol

sad that there will be no entity album. Even if it was a 2 CD project with one cd of unmixed stuff new and old and one mix cd that would have been a nice way to end on a high note.
_Jay_

Shame. Talented as **** and a bloody nice bloke.

Ionosphere Thanks Stu for posting this as we don't do Faceache and wouldn't have found out 'til it was old news.

Bugger....

We'll miss you Clive and good luck with what ever comes next mate.

........ffs........ :(
djscavenger shit thats dissapointment, really hope 'light of day' gets relased at some point. very talented guy such a shame he's going.
Elipton I'm disappointed that he's leaving, but he's a great bloke I had the pleasure of meeting and whose music has been amongst the best Hardcore has ever seen :)
Simon I'm really not up to date with the latest hardcore scene or rather the tracks from the past 5 years but Entity's tracks always stood out for me. Tweak was a personal favourite and I loved every track he produced with Jon Doe. A rare breed in this day and age. I can appreciate his views on a lack of time, it does get harder and harder to find the time as we get older. I wish Clive all the best and I'm hopeful we'll see a bit more from him one day when life offers him a little pause and he the flame for producing reignites.
djDMS Gutted.
Cyrax this track was one of my personal faves

DJ Entity - Fallen Souls (Breakbeat Mix)
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
this track was one of my personal faves

YES.

What a tune.
Claxton This is such a shame. Entity is such a talented producer who has made some brilliant, brilliant tracks in the past.

It's just a shame that over the last few years we've heard so little from him and his productions have been sparse to say the least.

The breakbeat stuff he was making with CLSM was out of this world.

I'll be sad to see him stop. However, It is rare that a producer gives up entirely. They always have that desire inside them to produce from time to time.
Elipton
quote:

great fun to mix too
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

great fun to mix too

The intro is wicked and the breakdown sounds so so good

Craigavon raver Yeah is a shame, loved entitys stuff, always thought he would mix a hu before he actually did! and pity he won't release a album then, and I wonder what he means by "leaving something special to last"? any ideas? :p
GrahamC Rudloe (both versions) was absolutely stunning, real hands in the air stomp about track. Will be a big miss
Vladel made some good tunes in his time........ bloody shame really but good luck to the fella.
Entity Hello.

quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Hmmm, could just be another Sharkey / Thumpa ect..... making a massive statement about how he is leaving, get loads of bookings and then doing the opposite, good producer though so would be a shame if he actually did leave.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've just had to be honest with myself and accept something I didn't really want to, but ultimately had to.

I do still love my hardcore, even after two decades (God, I'm old - even though I'm listening to an Anime gabber mix as I type this). I just need to focus on other things.

I've been a member on this site longer than I've been a producer and have met several other members. Cripes, I remember playing in Cornwall and when Triquatra walked in - I recognised him and pointed to him, and enjoyed chatting with him and his other half after my set. Dean DMS - I recognised him straight away at an event in London and gave him a huge hug because the dude's a hero (and at HU: Live was quite prepared to ply me with expensive vodka on demand ha ha). Just wish I got to meet the Ionosphere lads :(

Then there's _Jay_. Top, top bloke with a big heart.

I may not post as much as I used to, but still frequent this site. I was always intrigued/nervous whenever I had a mix released - be it on Crush on Hardcore, or on HU, and have been thrilled at the feedback both on here and on ush.net.

I've been a lucky guy. Sure, others get to play all over the globe at festivals etc. etc. but I've ticked my boxes and am happy. I've met so many incredible people and had a ton of fun.

And as for the "something special for last", you'll know it when you hear it. I just hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for the kind comments. Means a lot!

Enough guff.... somebody please send me some links to some decent mixes :)

Clive.

latininxtc No fucking shoutout to me??? I flew to Toronto to see you! Well, the whole HU crew really haha
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
No fucking shoutout to me??? I flew to Toronto to see you! Well, the whole HU crew really haha

I guess. Biggups to you, dude :)
_Jay_

Ahh you legend, thanks Clive. We'll have to meet up for a proper drink one day.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Ahh you legend, thanks Clive. We'll have to meet up for a proper drink one day.

Count me in!
_Jay_

We really should do something one day, shouldn't we. Get smashed on neutral ground outside of a rave environment.

Simon
quote:

We really should do something one day, shouldn't we. Get smashed on neutral ground outside of a rave environment.

Like at a wedding or something...
_Jay_

That was quality! Beast of Wakefield! Just turned out to be a big softy in the end. Was hilarious watching him scare the living fcuk out of you for three hours first, though.

rafferty Will be missed, made so many great breakbeat hardcore tracks. His last joint mix cds on HU are timeless. Flow so well.

Wonder who will do the breakbeat mixes on Hardcore Undergrounds now? Slipmatt and CLSM I am guessing.
djDMS
quote:

That was quality! Beast of Wakefield! Just turned out to be a big softy in the end. Was hilarious watching him scare the living fcuk out of you for three hours first, though.

He's on remand for murder right now.
_Jay_

Seriously!?

djDMS Would i lie to you Jay? :-P

In all seriousness though, it's about the only thing he hasn't been done for!

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page