Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 FutureWorld Records Summer Annual 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mortis From Breeze's facebook just now.

"Out 19-09-2014

All Digital Stores.

32 Unmixed tracks / 2 x 60min Continuous DJ Mixes.

Mixed By Breeze."

_Jay_

Interesting! Wonder if it's all new material. Hopefully be some good, upfront cheese in there somewhere.

djDMS 19th september?

That's no good, want it now!
_Jay_

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

djchexmixer
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Interesting! Wonder if it's all new material.

Same here. That would be pretty sweet if it is.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

I think you can mate ;-)
Captain Triceps 32 unmixed tracks, I can't really see it being all new material at all sadly. Maybe some on the mixes.
Being a summer annual I'd say it's likely to be a collection of tracks that are already released. I could, of course, be wrong.
rafferty Not even a hardcopy release like Hardcore Underground, **** that.
DjZelous i hope it has 24/7 and sea of love :) i love those tracks
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
i hope it has 24/7 and sea of love :) i love those tracks

Neither of them are Futureworld tracks so there's absolutely no chance of that.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
i hope it has 24/7 and sea of love :) i love those tracks

Neither of them are Futureworld tracks so there's absolutely no chance of that.

Yeah 24/7 was long before futureworld came about
Elipton Yeah about time FW stepped up! Looking forward to seeing what they have in their locker. This looks nice. Nicely designed cover too
Cliche https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/futureworld-summer-annual/id910867851

Yep, they're already released tracks.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Cliche:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/futureworld-summer-annual/id910867851

Yep, they're already released tracks.

What a crock of shite. Really pisses me off this kind of thing. What's the point in releasing a compilation of tracks that have already been released? Klubfiller is really bad for this as well. All about trying to make as much money they can from the tracks, instead of putting out music that the fans want.
Captain Triceps At ?7.99 though, you can't argue with the price.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
At ?7.99 though, you can't argue with the price.

I wouldn't pay a penny for a bunch of tracks that are either shite or already in my collection.
Fair enough it would be ideal for someone who has just got into hardcore or just bought a set of decks etc. But it's completely useless to the regulars who've been supporting the label since it began.
latininxtc Considering I haven't purchased any digital downloads in a long time, this actually works for me. But yes it's terrible for those who are buying stuff as soon as they're released. Really a waste and if they are going to do this then why should people even bother buying their tracks when they can wait a few months and grab them in a bundle for a fraction of the cost?
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
At ?7.99 though, you can't argue with the price.

I wouldn't pay a penny for a bunch of tracks that are either shite or already in my collection.
Fair enough it would be ideal for someone who has just got into hardcore or just bought a set of decks etc. But it's completely useless to the regulars who've been supporting the label since it began.

Oh yeah, I doubt very much I'll be buying it. It would have been nice if there were a few alternate mixes or just some unreleased bits chucked in.
Dys7 No physical? Can't stand that, probably not going to buy it. :(
djDMS These bundles are great for people who don't pick up the single releases, but totally useless for those that buy the odd tune here and there.

To be brutally honest though, i wouldn't but it if it was ?2
Cyrax Believe it or not this is standard practice for most labels in dance music , you get all your old tracks , slap an alternative remix or a VIP mix in there somewhere and put it all together exclusive to the album, its the best way to get maximum money out of your product.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
No physical? Can't stand that, probably not going to buy it. :(

Yeah no physical so that rules me out entirely from buying it, not not it would of been certain I would of bought it anyway if it was on cd!
Elipton Shame it's not physical. Even a low-numbers run is reasonably risk free. Even out of their own pocket they can run a profit on a limited amount of units and they elevate their label to a new level.
latininxtc They would never invest time and money into a physical product even if it was a guaranteed profit. They're out to make quick money, which is indicative of the carbon copy style of tracks they keep releasing and "updates/remixes"

Or they could have swallowed their pride and asked for Hardcore Underground to help them in releasing this as a CD album. That wasn't going to happen either. They'd sooner go bankrupt than do that.
latininxtc So it's 7.99 on iTunes I'm guessing? it's a total ripoff on Beatport, 21.99 USD for the whole album, which is like 15 quid.
djDMS Beatport don't half give you a spanking with their prices!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Beatport don't half give you a spanking with their prices!

They do on occasion offer up codes for discounts, but the current one out there does not allow for use on albums, just individual tracks. Which is the only reason why I even know about the price of the album on there I'm trying to see if I'm inclined to buy anything tonight.
The drunken scotsman When was the last time FW released a new tune? To be honest they're a ****ing joke. Signed up basically all of the top artists and don't release anything. Modern day raverbaby.
silver
quote:
When was the last time FW released a new tune? To be honest they're a ****ing joke. Signed up basically all of the top artists and don't release anything. Modern day raverbaby.

What are you talking about they release 1-2 tracks a month :)

http://www.beatport.com/label/futureworld-records/26256/releases
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
When was the last time FW released a new tune? To be honest they're a ****ing joke. Signed up basically all of the top artists and don't release anything. Modern day raverbaby.

actually a bit more, I counted about 4-8 per month not counting this album. In the last 2 months this album has been the only thing released from Futureworld. I guess Breeze decided him and the label deserved a much needed break from releases since he worked so exhaustively throwing a bunch of old shit together and release a summer album in fall and putting up a bunch of posts about it on facebook and twitter. What a tough job it is to run such a label.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

Since August they've released zero tracks per month. The album is just a load of older tracks that have been re-released to maximise FW income. You'd have to go back to early July to find a new release that wasn't utter shite. I've not seen any news posted on upcoming releases either. As I said they're a ****ing joke.
Thumpa
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
They would never invest time and money into a physical product even if it was a guaranteed profit. They're out to make quick money, which is indicative of the carbon copy style of tracks they keep releasing and "updates/remixes"

Or they could have swallowed their pride and asked for Hardcore Underground to help them in releasing this as a CD album. That wasn't going to happen either. They'd sooner go bankrupt than do that.

About 2 years ago I was in heavy discussions with Breeze about doing a CD album together as he was impressed by the numbers on ReBuild, we had a double/triple CD planned with us doing a disc each, unfortunately it never materialised!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
They would never invest time and money into a physical product even if it was a guaranteed profit. They're out to make quick money, which is indicative of the carbon copy style of tracks they keep releasing and "updates/remixes"

About 2 years ago I was in heavy discussions with Breeze about doing a CD album together as he was impressed by the numbers on ReBuild, we had a double/triple CD planned with us doing a disc each, unfortunately it never materialised!

Could/would it ever happen, do you think?
trippnface breeze just needs to swallow his EGO waffles and ask for repentance. did anyone ever attempt to so greatly ostracize themselves from the hardcore scene? ( while attempting to be a "part " of it) lol
Jacco
Thats how that guy thinks and now you wonder

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page