Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore artists who blossomed...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton ... in other genres.

I learned this week that Inverse & Orbit1 (from hardcore) together made up Bioweapon, a pretty big name in the Hardstyle scene. Inverse is now 'Code Black' in Hardstyle and has made some pretty huge tracks like this gem:

Obviously Ham has gone on to be very successful in Drum & Bass under the guise Hamilton.

Joey riot is doing very well in the European hardcore scene with Destructive Tendancies. Can you think of anymore hardcore artists who have gone on to be big in other genres?
Samination Joey's part of Destructive Tendancies? **** didnt know that. But then I only got one track, their remix of Out of Control by Geminzers.

Not that I liked that kind of Hardcore, but isn't Carl Cox the biggest name that changed genre?

But I'd rather see a list of Artist that do well in other genre's, but still make Hardcore. Joey is definitly still here, and I could argue that it's not too far from "home" (considering Scott Brown has always been active in both brittish and dutch Hardcore scenes) to be considered another genre :P

Re-Con, Squad-E(?), Teknicore
wong orbit1 is now audiofreq https://www.facebook.com/audiofreqdj?fref=ts
DjZelous Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Andy c start off with hardcore?
And also tiesto, he started by producing gabber.
DJ D-Luc-D Lumin8 & Cheever became Toneshifterz, although now that's just Lumin8 on his own.
The Stisk Bradley Carter & Eruption went on to become Ruff Driverz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ouLrUopko
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Bondy(Luke Bond)
Audien
Quicksilver Those that I know off the top of my head:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs! They had some minor success. :)

Sy & Unknown released some tunes as Cheeky Trax, that saw some light on some compilations. A bit of trance and donk.

Al Storm is making some drum 'n' bass inspired stuff as "Eat Rave". Some nice stuff there!

Re-con (Mike di Scala) is a part of Ultrabeat (with Chris Henry who's also had some HC releases), he was also part of Rezonance Q that had some tunes like Someday and Sweetheart. A year ago or two he also produced a very big pop tune (can't remember which one).

Nightforce (freeform producer) has seen some success as his hard trance/hardstyle alias Stardriver.

Ephexis made some psy and released an album as Re:Creation (download it! it's for free and it's awesome!) and also nowdays as FireFarm (drum 'n' bass, drumstep, etc).

Squad-E is D:Code and Hypasonic.

Dougal & Gammer made a few Clubland tunes as Club Generation, but they were mainly just based on some of their hardcore tunes.

Maybe a bit unrelated but Darwin produces music for some Konami games. Like the tune "Lighter Than Air" with Ant Johnson was written for a Konami game (some dancing game). Also "Why Not".
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Those that I know off the top of my head:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs!

Hard 'house'

Sorry but its something that always bugged me ;-)
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs!

Hard 'house'

Sorry but its something that always bugged me ;-)

Hah, don't worry, I'm the same. I stand corrected! ;D

Claxton
quote:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs! They had some minor success. :)

Sy & Unknown released some tunes as Cheeky Trax, that saw some light on some compilations. A bit of trance and donk.

Al Storm is making some drum 'n' bass inspired stuff as "Eat Rave". Some nice stuff there!

Re-con (Mike di Scala) is a part of Ultrabeat (with Chris Henry who's also had some HC releases), he was also part of Rezonance Q that had some tunes like Someday and Sweetheart. A year ago or two he also produced a very big pop tune (can't remember which one).

Nightforce (freeform producer) has seen some success as his hard trance/hardstyle alias Stardriver.

Ephexis made some psy and released an album as Re:Creation (download it! it's for free and it's awesome!) and also nowdays as FireFarm (drum 'n' bass, drumstep, etc).

Squad-E is D:Code and Hypasonic.

Dougal & Gammer made a few Clubland tunes as Club Generation, but they were mainly just based on some of their hardcore tunes.

Maybe a bit unrelated but Darwin produces music for some Konami games. Like the tune "Lighter Than Air" with Ant Johnson was written for a Konami game (some dancing game). Also "Why Not".

Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You

Reached number 1.
Elipton Impact worked with Sony Entertainment, no?

Also Technikore produced most of the Example album
fakka13k Vinylgroover
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
Vinylgroover

& The Red Hed
The drunken scotsman Re-con is probably the most successful artist outside of hardcore. As already mentioned he produced a number 1 hit for Ne-Yo. Not forgetting his previous success in the uk charts with ultrabeat. He also makes a lot of popular house music using his real name Mike Di Scala.
Said it before but huge respect to him for continuing to produce/DJ hardcore when he's clearly making a lot more cash in his other projects.
Mortis Both Re-Con and Technikore came into hardcore from other genre's so I don't think they really fit the opening question

Jon Doe does though. Very successful hard house/dance career.
Sequential One or ATB, trance producer. UK number 1 with 9pm.
DJ Isaac, moving from hardcore through hard house to hardstyle.
Both Billy Bunter and Slipmatt have gone on to do big things in various scenes.

I'm sure there are loads more.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Both Re-Con and Technikore came into hardcore from other genre's so I don't think they really fit the opening question

Hard to know sometimes! :)
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Re-con is probably the most successful artist outside of hardcore. As already mentioned he produced a number 1 hit for Ne-Yo. Not forgetting his previous success in the uk charts with ultrabeat. He also makes a lot of popular house music using his real name Mike Di Scala.
Said it before but huge respect to him for continuing to produce/DJ hardcore when he's clearly making a lot more cash in his other projects.

I feel the same way about him.

When he produces a shitty modern track, I know it's because he genuinely likes the sound and I can respect that at least.
silver
quote:

Taking nothing away from these guys, truth be told every single track or remix from Darwin and Fracus' tracks placed in Konami is from my hard work with Konami :) 90% of the hardcore tracks in dance dance revolution was because I "executive produced" them :)

Basically I took what Konami requested of me (in Japanese) and talked to the producers and made it, in fact most of the tracks I produced the vocals myself first with Andy Littlewood then got a hardcore producer to make the track around it. I used Fracus and Darwin alot because they were really easy to work with, quick, professional and obviously make great tracks :)

There are a few exceptions, "Why not" and "Shades of grey" and a few others were a buy out of already completed tracks. "Dual love" was a license (I still own the rights too it but was in DDR).

I've done around 150 songs for Konami and other games like Capcom, Yukes and Nintendo... I have ghost written for a few known artists and done songs that have never been released. Any English version of an originally Japanese song in DDR is most likely (translated and made) from work I did. An interesting note for a Nintendo game I had to be given the official Nintendo sound software to make the chip tunes required for the gameboy. Because it was so similar to a tracker I figured it out quickly :) I actually have the official sound samples for many 1st party nintendo games on my HD :)
rafferty Davie Forbes used to make great Happy Hardcore and went Trance under David Forbes.

Also AC Slater who ran Hardcore label pitched up with his own productions went Electro/New Rave and is well known in that scene under the same name.

Heard Trixxy went under the name the Redhead doing productions with Vinylgroover in Hard dance.
Mortis I forgot to mention Grant "Wishdokta" Nelson, after leaving the hardcore scene he invented Garage music.
wong The prodigy? ...
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Heard Trixxy went under the name the Redhead doing productions with Vinylgroover in Hard dance.

He did, indeed. He was also part of The Wideboys, who made that Sambuca song.

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

Taking nothing away from these guys, truth be told every single track or remix from Darwin and Fracus' tracks placed in Konami is from my hard work with Konami :) 90% of the hardcore tracks in dance dance revolution was because I "executive produced" them.

Executive produced them. Sounds like a lovely term for "ghost produced" them. I love ghost producers because they work so hard and deserve so much credit
Quicksilver
quote:
quote:

Taking nothing away from these guys, truth be told every single track or remix from Darwin and Fracus' tracks placed in Konami is from my hard work with Konami :) 90% of the hardcore tracks in dance dance revolution was because I "executive produced" them :)

Basically I took what Konami requested of me (in Japanese) and talked to the producers and made it, in fact most of the tracks I produced the vocals myself first with Andy Littlewood then got a hardcore producer to make the track around it. I used Fracus and Darwin alot because they were really easy to work with, quick, professional and obviously make great tracks :)

There are a few exceptions, "Why not" and "Shades of grey" and a few others were a buy out of already completed tracks. "Dual love" was a license (I still own the rights too it but was in DDR).

I've done around 150 songs for Konami and other games like Capcom, Yukes and Nintendo... I have ghost written for a few known artists and done songs that have never been released. Any English version of an originally Japanese song in DDR is most likely (translated and made) from work I did. An interesting note for a Nintendo game I had to be given the official Nintendo sound software to make the chip tunes required for the gameboy. Because it was so similar to a tracker I figured it out quickly :) I actually have the official sound samples for many 1st party nintendo games on my HD :)

I had no idea! Cool!

Also, Elipton, can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. :D
Gazza1712 Sy and unknown produced garage under the name treat or treat also chris unknown still produces and engineers a lot of other genres, he does all the producing for krafty kutz,
Sc@r AC Slater!!!!

legend :)
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

Executive produced them. Sounds like a lovely term for "ghost produced" them. I love ghost producers because they work so hard and deserve so much credit

You have that wrong, I didn't produce the tracks and throw my name on it as would a ghost writer do. The artists names are still the people that sang or wrote the songs, I have a credit in the fine print on some titles but nothing on the song title or as a writer, I give credit where credit is due in all cases.

I use that term executive producer because I wasn't hands on in in the studio, I took what Konami told me stuff like "make a X type of song..." or "here is 10 seconds of something I produced please write something like this"... I took that info, got the lyrics written, got them approved, selected a singer, got them recorded and processed, rang up Fracus or Darwin or Ruffage or Orbit1 or Eufeion or Cube::Hard or whoever and asked can you write the backing to this song, here are some styles or examples. Got the song approved with Konami (several times), got the masters and mixdowns delivered, invoiced Konami, got pay 90 days later (welcome to Japan), paid all artists involved an equal share. The budgets were always tight but we made it work and the songs produced I'm very proud of since many of them were used in the official trailers, promotion videos and even TV commercials several times.

I got to personally work with Vanilla Ice, Starship, Maxi Priest, Tiffany, Ugly Kid Joe and a bunch of 80 and 90's artists for some games I had access to even bigger names but the budget wasn't there for bigger names

Truth be know I had Fracus and Darwin make hip hop songs, heavy metal songs, pop stuff and a who bunch of weird stuff under other names :)
latininxtc Off topic, how do you post an event in events page with no lineup released??? I've tried doing it before and my submission has been rejected. So that's probably why Claxton made a post about that Birmingham event in this forum section.
Maggers AC Slater is doing great things w/ Party Like Us Records & his Night Bass events.

Sunrize is now Kastle, really dig his sound.

Sean Apollo is Sean Bartley, he has seen quite a few releases for house/techno (i'm terrible at classifying slow genres)

Brak is Udachi - more bass music that's quite good.

Not hardcore, but a drum n bass DJ from my home town Ewun is now Kill the Noise. Probably the biggest surprise for me to see a kid I remember learning how to mix records producing tracks for movies.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Off topic, how do you post an event in events page with no lineup released??? I've tried doing it before and my submission has been rejected. So that's probably why Claxton made a post about that Birmingham event in this forum section.

Yeah, that topic shouldn't have been locked. This place hasn't exactly been buzzing recently and that is something worth talking about.

Triquatra Sequential One....he decided to start making Trance...as ATB
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Sequential One....he decided to start making Trance...as ATB

already mentioned. Get on with the program :P
djDMS Somebody didn't read the thread properly...
Quicksilver
quote:
Truth be know I had Fracus and Darwin make hip hop songs, heavy metal songs, pop stuff and a who bunch of weird stuff under other names :)

Oh, show us clips!!!
Triquatra ATB started as sequential one!
wong
quote:
ATB started as sequential one!

i think the point was that somebody already mentioned it
Triquatra Sequential one eventually became ATB after making some happy hardcore!
wong
quote:
Sequential one eventually became ATB after making some happy hardcore!

oh i see . the jokes on me
The drunken scotsman Fairly certain that sequential one went on to have decent success making dance/trance as ATB. Perhaps someone can confirm this?
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Fairly certain that sequential one went on to have decent success making dance/trance as ATB. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

I can confirm that the artist formerly known as Sequential One subsequently enjoyed considerable success producing mainstream dance music as ATB. I think he even had a UK number 1!

It took 2.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page