Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The 24 Hour Rave Experiment - Birmingham

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Claxton

Now I know this should technically go in the events section but I thought it was so brilliant that it should get more attention...

Basically, I've been monitoring this event for a while on Facebook now and I have to say: it looks mammoth!!

- 24 hours of raving. 12 noon till 12 noon.
- You must arrive before noon to enter and are ejected if you fall asleep.
- ?24 for tickets but refunded if you make it till the end. If not, your money is donated to charity.

- 10+ areas of music (including HTID areas)
- 2 street closures at the Rainbow Complex in Birmingham.

- Over 8,000 people attending on Facebook and apparently massive ticket sales.

Best of all.... No line-up will be released until the day of the event!!

What a bloody fantastic idea.

------------------------

I wonder what the line-up will be like. Excellent concept.

Here is the Facebook event page with more information and venue maps etc...

https://www.facebook.com/events/629515293786107/

The two HTID spaces:

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Now I know this should technically go in the events section but I thought it was so brilliant that it should get more attention...

Basically, I've been monitoring this event for a while on Facebook now and I have to say: it looks mammoth!!

- 24 hours of raving. 12 noon till 12 noon.
- You must arrive before noon to enter and are ejected if you fall asleep.
- ?24 for tickets but refunded if you make it till the end. If not, your money is donated to charity.

- 10+ areas of music (including HTID areas)
- 2 street closures at the Rainbow Complex in Birmingham.

- Over 8,000 people attending on Facebook and apparently massive ticket sales.

Best of all.... No line-up will be released until the day of the event!!

What a bloody fantastic idea.

------------------------

I wonder what the line-up will be like. Excellent concept.

Here is the Facebook event page with more information and venue maps etc...

https://www.facebook.com/events/629515293786107/

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10568843_795740517113310_116090681511287188_n.jpg?oh=c9ce2397fc7e0448e17c17a3078aa5bd&oe=54603A47

The two HTID spaces:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10610783_794996843854344_4507765838928508611_n.jpg?oh=c7008972196c1f9ac7d342333cc81f8a&oe=5477EE91&__gda__=1415807000_70b54f1123c3b2e0c16e95ad29573172

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10574419_796448967042465_2397612305615410690_n.jpg?oh=0a619f89843ae5fb40a4fc68426434e6&oe=5471FE27

That's better. No good way of making an IMG imprint on those last 3, not even if I delete all that shit at the end after jpg
latininxtc Also, you can't go into the place after noon??? Total lockdown??? That would kind of suck as far as the bathrooms go. I sure as hell would never take a shit on those toilets, I'd probably be starving myself that whole day lol. Easily doable for me, I'm always one to stay till the end.
arpz This looks pretty cool, I am considering it depending on if I can get anyone else to come with because ... 24 hour rave
Claxton Fixed Steven :)

I was definitely up for it, but then I realised I'm at Burnley that day for football. Such a shame. I think it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

I hope that they put a really strong line-up on.
Kebab Head
quote:
Fixed Steven :)

I was definitely up for it, but then I realised I'm at Burnley that day for football. Such a shame. I think it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

what u going shitty burnley for lol
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
quote:

Haaa.. Because I'm stupid and follow Sunderland around the country. You know it?

Elliott Thank you for bringing this into my life. That looks ****ing incredible.

Now, I probably won't be able to go but the fact that it exists makes me happy.
djDMS I've been keeping an eye on it too. Does indeed look pretty special but seems a bit daft to expect every single person attending to be in there right from the start.

also, have they thought how they'll pay all the acts once they've paid all the refunds and to charity? Somebody is going to lose a shitload of money if there's various big names there.
Kebab Head
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
quote:

Haaa.. Because I'm stupid and follow Sunderland around the country. You know it?

burnley are my teams BIGGEST rivals so yea kinda heard of it lol
DjZelous it seems like a really dope idea. i would love to attend that!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've been keeping an eye on it too. Does indeed look pretty special but seems a bit daft to expect every single person attending to be in there right from the start.

also, have they thought how they'll pay all the acts once they've paid all the refunds and to charity? Somebody is going to lose a shitload of money if there's various big names there.

I'd have thought they'd expect artists to play for free, since it's for charity? Maybe if that's the case there'd be a couple of big names perhaps and the rest mid-carders?
djDMS Maybe.

For me, the most appealing AND most worrying part is the lack of info!
Audio Warfare That sounds amazing actually. Brilliant idea.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've been keeping an eye on it too. Does indeed look pretty special but seems a bit daft to expect every single person attending to be in there right from the start.

Idk. Haven't you got to be a bit of a cnut to actually accept the refund at the end? I mean, it's for charity and they've just given you 24 (hopefully) amazing hours.
Cyrax You should try the bangface weekender experiment

72 hours , needless to say I failed miserabley.

I did stay up for 4 days in my flat once , I would never do that again !
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:

Why would you even do this?
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

It was when methadrone was legal , we ordered some online having never tried it before and cracked on

We almost set fire to my flat, the worst thing was after being up for 4 days I went to my job at the bank , I don't know how I managed to do a shift there the state I was in , I don't work for the bank anymore thank god.

Anyway don't do methadrone kids , its smells horrible and will turn your elbows blue , the highs not bad though

wong ive done 4 days before, but that was on phet . couldv'e done more easy if it it wasn't for going back to work.

but that was back in't day though, wouldn't even attempt it these days
Elliott
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

It was when methadrone was legal

Say no more, my friend!
Claxton If anyone is going along to this, you can catch me playing in the HTID room between 7 & 8am.
Captain Triceps
quote:
If anyone is going along to this, you can catch me playing in the HTID room between 7 & 8am.

Just hope everyone hasn't fallen asleep by then!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
If anyone is going along to this, you can catch me playing in the HTID room between 7 & 8am.

Haa I reckon the crowd could be wearing thin by that time. We will see!! Just need to figure out what to play.
djDMS That's pretty big news!
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Haa I reckon the crowd could be wearing thin by that time. We will see!! Just need to figure out what to play.

ha ha imagine the 11.00-12pm slot

Audio Warfare We were planning to go to this but it's a mates birthday so can't make it. :( Interested to hear how this turns out, would definitely go to the next one if it happens again.
Claxton I'm just dreading how far in the reds the mixer will be by my set!!!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
We were planning to go to this but it's a mates birthday so can't make it. :( Interested to hear how this turns out, would definitely go to the next one if it happens again.

As a birthday present drag your friend to this! Can't imagine something more special going on for his b-day than something like this
Thumpa Lineup is being confirmed tomorrow but looking at DJs facebook's it looks like Squad-E, Al Storm, Joey Riot, Kurt, Fracus & Darwin, myself & Douglas and loads more are playing!

See you there.
CDJay There's a chilli festival in Birmingham tomorrow, if anyone wants to make it more challenging

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
There's a chilli festival in Birmingham tomorrow, if anyone wants to make it more challenging

CDJay

lol the only way I'd be going to that chili fest is if my hotel room like right across the street from the venue. I would never dare use those bathrooms in that type of condition haha
CDJay WIMP!

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
WIMP!

CDJay

I'll be damn proud being one too! I've been to enough bathrooms at raves to avoid using them if I have to sit on them. I gladly walked 5ish minutes to my hotel room in Lloret De Mar to take a dump!
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
WIMP!

CDJay

I'll be damn proud being one too! I've been to enough bathrooms at raves to avoid using them if I have to sit on them. I gladly walked 5ish minutes to my hotel room in Lloret De Mar to take a dump!

Noice!
Shades
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
WIMP!

CDJay

Noice!

lol 5ish minutes walking along with a turtle head, takes a special person to pull that off

djDMS Turns out it's a rather good line up despite the last minute rush to get people booked.
Hard2Get Is 5 mins meant to be a long way? Lol
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
lol 5ish minutes walking along with a turtle head, takes a special person to pull that off

You'd hope it would come off without having to be pulled.

It took 2.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page