Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mickey Init With the HU brand giving other artists airtime on the HU podcast, is it likely that one or both (Fracus and Darwin) will split and join the FutureWorld camp? Or drop the HU brand all together?

I definitely hope not, and hope that the HU brand lives to stand alone as something that pushes the underground side of the scene.
arpz in b4 CDJay... I think there is literally **** all chance of that happening. There's no incentive, HU are proving themselves time and time again that they can release products of amazing quality, put on amazing nights, help new talent and even assist FW artists release things that FW can't/won't.

Sharing the podcast with music from other labels is all part of seeing the bigger picture and promoting a more healthy scene, a healthier scene means more ravers, more sales and more new music. It's a shame that the other big names don't really follow suit because it really would lead to a much more positive situation.

HU leads the way, make no mistake!
arpz I'm such a broken record
latininxtc LMFAO NEVER!!!

Both Fracus and Darwin developed alongside the label and all of them have grown stronger because of it. They are majorly loyal, and with good reason. They get to produce the music they want with little to no restrictions. They would not have that same artistic freedom at Futureworld. It's pretty obvious that label releases music that have such a recycled sound.

And HU has always been about working and collaborating with other labels, so it's no surprise that their podcast reflects that. They don't shy away from showcasing tracks from Futureworld, Klubbed Up, Notorious, Lethal Theory, Stamina, and of course their own label. And everything album they release reflects that as well.
Samination Time to have HU work with the japanese artists to get their stuff over here? :o
CDJay Shimamura and MC Stone are both HU affiliated artists.

Fracus is co owner of HU. Their U.S work visa is as a duo.

Draw your own conclusions

CDJay
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

Fracus is co owner of HU. Their U.S work visa is as a duo.

Draw your own conclusions

Civil partnership I reckon!

djDMS Thought the question was going to be...

'With the HU brand giving other labels/artists airtime on the podcasts, will any of the numerous self-serving brands pull their head out of their own (and a select few others' arses) and reciprocate for the good of a scene which is badly in need of some unity'?

Either way, the answer is no.
Samination
quote:
Shimamura and MC Stone are both HU affiliated artists.

CDJay

i was thinking the other guys :)
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Thought the question was going to be...

'With the HU brand giving other labels/artists airtime on the podcasts, will any of the numerous self-serving brands pull their head out of their own (and a select few others' arses) and reciprocate for the good of a scene which is badly in need of some unity'?

Either way, the answer is no.

When pigs fly, mister...

Gisbo HU is the biggest contributor to the hardcore scene end off, there is long list of awesomeness :) deserve best label :)
Dys7 If that happens I'm moving to trap.
Craigavon raver n all honesty don't know why such a stupid question was asked
lurker Right? Fracus and Darwin leaving HU for Futureworld would be like Breeze leaving Futureworld for HU.
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
n all honesty don't know why such a stupid question was asked

I wouldn't say it was a stupid question, mate. If you've only been in to hardcore for 5 years or so, I'd probably say 'yeah, stupid question'. But we've all seen what's happened to the original Essential Platinum, Uproar, Raver Baby and the like in the past.

I'm well behind the HU brand and would defend it to the hilt. From the outside looking in, it seems to be snowballing and doing more than enough to support itself so it's all gravy.

I honestly never thought D&G would drop EP. I think the same with F&D and HU so I wanted to explore it. If you're curious about things within the scene, where better to ask around?!
silver Considering Fracus is a financial partner in Hardcore Underground I highly doubt that.
latininxtc I guess some people didn't know about Fracus being a financial partner of HU, so I can understand people not understanding how deep into the HU label he is, as well as Darwin.

But even without that knowledge, you can clearly see that Fracus and Darwin are not your average hardcore producers, and I'm not talking about their quality of production, but more of their loyalty and dedication to their part of the scene. The only way they would ever go to another label is if somehow HU goes under and they have no choice, but I don't see that happening. HU has become a vital part of the scene that even the blind and clueless futureworld/HTID/Ravers Reunited ravers are starting to see. They are doing more for the current scene than any other label.
_Jay_

Jon, where's my bloody HU canvas?

CDJay Sitting, awaiting signing

CDJay
rafferty Future World have a more upfront edm sound than Hardcore Underground generally. So would be surprised if their artists jumped ship.

Would be very interesting though if Future World and Hardcore Underground did a joint Album project.
Like HU vs FW.
DanTheory
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Future World have a more upfront edm sound than Hardcore Underground generally. So would be surprised if their artists jumped ship.

Would be very interesting though if Future World and Hardcore Underground did a joint Album project.
Like HU vs FW.

I would love that! Maybe even a HU vs Futureworld event? HU have completely revolutionized my life since starting up the online store. I haven't missed a release and have loved every one!

I have been wondering why there have not been more albums on futureworld recently? As far as I know (being a newcomer to these forums) the upcoming summer anthems is the first album they have done in while? Apart from the tyl3r and reynolds one last year. I would like to see more albums from futureworld. A new darren styles would be nice for example :)

djDMS The time is right for a new Styles album, he's as popular as ever so it wouldn't be too much of a risk for somebody to take on. Be even better if the rumoured Force & Styles album would happen.
latininxtc
quote:
Be even better if the rumoured Force & Styles album would happen.

who says it's not?

As far as another Darren Styles solo album goes, I'm surprised he hasn't released his 3rd one. He's definitely had some good tracks released since his last one. If he were to do a 3rd one, would he release it with AATW, or perhaps he can release it through HU.

And if an HU vs FW event happens, what I want is their exclusives work with each other back to back. Like Darwin b2b Gammer, Fracus b2b Breeze, something of the sort. Something different than just have HU djs have half the night sets and FW have the other half.
DanTheory
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Be even better if the rumoured Force & Styles album would happen.

who says it's not?

As far as another Darren Styles solo album goes, I'm surprised he hasn't released his 3rd one. He's definitely had some good tracks released since his last one. If he were to do a 3rd one, would he release it with AATW, or perhaps he can release it through HU.

And if an HU vs FW event happens, what I want is their exclusives work with each other back to back. Like Darwin b2b Gammer, Fracus b2b Breeze, something of the sort. Something different than just have HU djs have half the night sets and FW have the other half.

Ohh force & styles! Really hope that is in the works!

Yer im surprised as well. Its been four years and I think alot of people would be interested in it. I dont think releasing it with AATW is the answer. Maybe futureworld or HU. HU are doing more albums atm so that might be the best label to release it on.

I agree. I think a Darwin b2b Gammer, Fracus b2b Breeze or something would be better than a fracus b2b with darwin etc
CDJay I always fancied Darren Styles b2b Darwin, for the musical prodigiousness, and Gammer b2b Fracus for the technical style.

A girl can dream, eh?

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
I always fancied Darren Styles
CDJay

Nyerherherher!!
CDJay I'd offer up a considered defence if I thought it was even slightly possible to construct a convincing climb down.

Alas. Alas.

CDJay
latininxtc I was gonna say Darwin and Darren first but I wasn't sure if he was a FW exclusive. But yes them 2 together definitely! They could name themselves the Double D's!

if there is anyone that can make it happen it's you Jon.

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page