Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Q-Tex - Power of Love '98

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Captain Triceps Was the version that was always played back in the day ever actually released?
I know it was available unmixed on the Slammin' Vinyl Absolute Hardcore triple pack, but has it ever been made available as a 12" release?
The Power of Love 2001 version with the '98 remix on the other side was a disappointment.
djDMS Didn't realise there were 2 '98 remixes.

The only version i heard being played back then was Digital boy's '97 remix
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Didn't realise there were 2 '98 remixes.

The one I'm on about sounds quite similar to Digital Boy '97 mix but was played much more then that. This is the version I mean:

The one that eventually did come out was this:
djDMS No wonder I'm confused, that first one is just SB's own version of the 97' remix!

Barely sounds any different to me
Captain Triceps
quote:
No wonder I'm confused, that first one is just SB's own version of the 97' remix!

It's faster, and a little more DJ friendly, with a few subtle changes here and there.
Captain Triceps Should I suppose it was only ever a promo for DJs, then?
silver Pretty sure it's a pitch version of the 23rd Precinct, this is the wrong single playing in the video from the EP, but the correct release.

EDIT: found it Q-Tex‎ Power Of Love 97' (Digital Boy Italian Rave Remix)

djDMS I still can't tell the difference between the two :-\
Captain Triceps Nooo, no, no nonono-n-n-n-noooo.

I don't mean the '97 Digital Boy one (I used to have that on vinyl actually) - I mean the version that Slammin' Vinyl Absolute Hardcore album.
Is that version of Power Of Love only available on that particular compilation, was my question :)
I realise they are very similar.
latininxtc Found this!

Mortis The difference between the Scott Brown '98 mix and the Digital Boy '97 mix is minimal but noticeable imo. I always wanted to get the proper SB '98 version but I only ended up with the shitty 2001 vinyl

As far as I know the SB '98 mix never came out as a single.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
The difference between the Scott Brown '98 mix and the Digital Boy '97 mix is minimal but noticeable imo. I always wanted to get the proper SB '98 version but I only ended up with the shitty 2001 vinyl

This guy gets it!
It's like the Scott Brown 98 mix is a 'remake' so to speak of the Digital Boy version. I suppose the only way to have it unmixed is on that Absolute Hardcore compilation.

Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
The difference between the Scott Brown '98 mix and the Digital Boy '97 mix is minimal but noticeable imo. I always wanted to get the proper SB '98 version but I only ended up with the shitty 2001 vinyl

This guy gets it!
It's like the Scott Brown 98 mix is a 'remake' so to speak of the Digital Boy version. I suppose the only way to have it unmixed is on that Absolute Hardcore compilation.

I think so, did that vinyl set not have a few exclusive tracks on it?
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

This guy gets it!

I think so, did that vinyl set not have a few exclusive tracks on it?

Not sure, I know the second and third ones were almost entirely exclusive tracks (many still have never been released now) but I thought the first one wasn't. I could be wrong, they might not have been at the time but I doubt it.
djDMS Wish i still had the vinyl of the first Absolute hardcore.

Still, having that and the 97 vinyl didn't help me distinguish between the two! :-p
Si Thompson
quote:
No wonder I'm confused, that first one is just SB's own version of the 97' remix!

The first 98 mix sounds totally different to the Digital Boy "Italian Rave mix". The vocals are completely different for a start.

As for a release. No.. The first 98 mix was on dubplate and probably test press for the select few.
Captain Triceps Funnily enough I've included this in that "remixes better than the original" post.

I asked Scott on Facebook not long ago about this, he confirmed that it would be released digitally.

He also confirmed he made it for the exact same reasons I stated - he liked the Digital Boy version but it was too slow and the intro was awkward as hell.
Can't wait for it to come out.
Si Thompson
quote:
Funnily enough I've included this in that "remixes better than the original" post.

I asked Scott on Facebook not long ago about this, he confirmed that it would be released digitally.

He also confirmed he made it for the exact same reasons I stated - he liked the Digital Boy version but it was too slow and the intro was awkward as hell.
Can't wait for it to come out.

Yeah. Makes sense. I remember you had to que the intro right when the amen drops. It wasn't very Dj friendly.
Samination no wonder the version Anabolic frolic used felt different from the Digital Boy's version
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
no wonder the version Anabolic frolic used felt different from the Digital Boy's version

on Happ2bHardcore Chapter 5, it's listed as Power of Love 2000. Is that not right? I know he listed the Vinylgroover remix of Toytown as "Toytown 2001 Mix" (inside the inlay).
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
no wonder the version Anabolic frolic used felt different from the Digital Boy's version

on Happ2bHardcore Chapter 5, it's listed as Power of Love 2000. Is that not right? I know he listed the Vinylgroover remix of Toytown as "Toytown 2001 Mix" (inside the inlay).

there's alot more tracks that are listed wrong on h2bh, but in this instance, i took the wrong combilation series:P
The Digital Boy remix(-remix?) was on Bonkers :P
Captain Triceps It was indeed on Bonkers 3, which is probably why everyone seems to think that was the one that got played all the time. It didn't get played anywhere near as much as the other, unreleased mix.
Tommasi Is the Digital Boy mix just the same one that was on D-Boy in 1995?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Tommasi:
Is the Digital Boy mix just the same one that was on D-Boy in 1995?

Yes, I believe so.
DJ A.K. The one on the slammin album is definitely superior to the 98 version scott finally released on the 2001 vinyl (if that makes sense).
If you want the good version on vinyl it seems the slammin vinyl album is your only choice, glad it's getting an mp3 release though.
Having said that I still prefer the digital boy version overall, one of the best remixes ever IMO.
Captain Triceps That 2001 release was so disappointing, I remember buying it in Manchester and eagerly chucking it on my deck, first out of all the records I'd bought, and it being this other version I'd never heard in my life.

I really don't know why Scott didn't put the proper one on this release.
Samination
quote:
That 2001 release was so disappointing, I remember buying it in Manchester and eagerly chucking it on my deck, first out of all the records I'd bought, and it being this other version I'd never heard in my life.

licensing problems with his remake of digital boy remix?
Si Thompson
quote:
That 2001 release was so disappointing, I remember buying it in Manchester and eagerly chucking it on my deck, first out of all the records I'd bought, and it being this other version I'd never heard in my life.

Scott Brown played that second "98 Mix" @ Slammin' Vinyl in November 2000. I actually like the version and knew prior to release that it was being included on the flip to the 2001 remix. It didn't bother me really as i had "Absolute Hardcore 1", anyway.

What did surprise me, was the fact Scott called it a "98" mix again. I assumed it was made in 2000, seeing as he first dropped it in the November of that year.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

Scott Brown played that second "98 Mix" @ Slammin' Vinyl in November 2000. I actually like the version and knew prior to release that it was being included on the flip to the 2001 remix. It didn't bother me really as i had "Absolute Hardcore 1", anyway.

What did surprise me, was the fact Scott called it a "98" mix again. I assumed it was made in 2000, seeing as he first dropped it in the November of that year.

I do't know if it's the 2001 mix, but at various places, I have seen a 2000 mix. Could that be the 98 on the flipside?
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do't know if it's the 2001 mix, but at various places, I have seen a 2000 mix. Could that be the 98 on the flipside?

The "98" mix is likely the 2000 mix and named "98". It certainly sounds from around that time in terms of production. Scott wouldn't have done two mixes in 1998. The fact it was first dropped in 2000, suggests i may be right.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

So basically the 2001 release had the 2000 and 2001 mix on the same vinyl as EVO 57.
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
Didn't realise there were 2 '98 remixes.

The one I'm on about sounds quite similar to Digital Boy '97 mix but was played much more then that. This is the version I mean:

The one that eventually did come out was this:

To those saying these sound essentially the same, i don't think they are anything alike. They even have different vocals. Both good though. If i had to choose one it would probably be the '97 version. The better vocals help. The one you're looking for is on so many tapes and i assumed it was the released '98 version. I have the Slammin' tape and agree it sounds like a 2000 version; going by production. But otherwise almost the same. Also a good version. I especially like the second breakdown.
Captain Triceps The one I enquired about is the top video you posted. In my eyes (or ears, I guess) the far superior version. But never properly released.
But the Brownflexer himself has said it will come out digitally at some point.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So basically the 2001 release had the 2000 and 2001 mix on the same vinyl as EVO 57.

Yeah.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Double Post.. Meh!

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page