Total online 1565
 Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Anybody hear anything about HU7 submissions?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dys7 They'd said they were opening it up 'tonight' two weeks ago, and no announcements or anything so far
CDJay Got as far as setting up submission addy and guidelines, but held off compiling until just before November.

CDJay
Dys7 By compiling do you mean taking requests or collecting them?
CDJay I mean opening up submissions, with guidelines, and actively harassing everyone I can think of to be as representative as possible.

It's a baby step, but we're in a better position than ever to be genuinely across the board. I've never been so relaxed about compiling an album; particularly given that usually we have months of internal stuff to rely on which certainly isn't the case this time around.

CDJay
Dys7 Very nice! Thanks mate :)
Claxton This must be coming to a close extremely soon for any budding producers out there!!
CDJay [email protected]

Alarmingly lax response, to date, across the board.

CDJay

djDMS Disgusting
Triquatra I'm moving house still, otherwise I would be throwing all sorts of nonsense at HU :P
DJ_FunDaBounce Just put up my latest work.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=69505

downloads disabled, just in case. ;)
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
[email protected]

Alarmingly lax response, to date, across the board.

CDJay

Are there any HU producers who offer their engineering services? Hell, I'd pay good money to co-write/produce a track even if it didn't necessarily guarantee a spot on a HU album !!!
CDJay Fracus and Darwin do, separately, albeit sparingly.

CDJay
Future_Shock What's the deadline for submissions? Will there be responses or...?
CDJay This weekend is the cutoff

CDJay
Elipton So the submissions that weren't actually declared open close at the weekend?

Dys7 has to ask when submissions were open on a forum, and album news is announced via another member. Is this poor organization or something?
djDMS You're being particularly twatty lately Olly.

I thought it's been fairly common knowledge for a while that they were taking submissions
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I thought it's been fairly common knowledge for a while that they were taking submissions

I've not seen it made public anywhere. Certainly haven't seen it on their Facebook page, Facebook group or on here. So it could be poor organization, or maybe not everyone is getting a fair crack of the whip.

quote:

You're being particularly twatty lately Olly.

I thought you knew me better than that. I've always been twatty.
CDJay I've run around telling various labels and producers on FB, and we included submission details on our newsletter which went out to a curated list of 2000 people.

I haven't had time to actually listen to submissions until this week, not to mention that I haven't had properly working audio since December, so we're operating on a tight schedule. That said, I've made it perfectly clear this has been coming since late last year *and* we've subsequently announced the album with a release timeframe.

Anyone who actively sought me/HU out to submit has been engaged with.

Clearly this is all entirely unreasonable, and as usual there are countless other leading lights doing everything to a massively elevated comparative standard making me bunch my fists in shame and sob repentantly for our failings of both spirit and execution. Feel free to submit to all of them, though, I'll be back once I'm done flagellating myself and am healed physically and emotionally.

CDJay
Bad Corey You always have such a way with words, you scoundrel you.
latininxtc
quote:

Lately???
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Lately???

I thought you knew him better then that. He's always been twatty.
CDJay There's a degree of redundancy in pointing out something already confessed.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
There's a degree of redundancy in pointing out something already confessed.

CDJay

Bitch don't point out the error of my ways! I commented before reading on to the next page of comments!

And of course I know Olly better than that. He's never not a little bit cunty in everything he says!
Elipton Haven't publicly announced submissions being open. Haven't listened to any until the week of the deadline. Haven't had working audio for 3 months.

Real organized.

And I realise that's almost blasphemy, given your cult following on here. At the end of the day, if you're looking for leading lights, Ken Masters sets a good example. Organized, transparent and gives everyone a chance to impress.

You have quite an extraordinary view of yourself and your role in Hardcore. I concede, you're contributing a lot of content to the scene, but it's very unhealthy to have such a perspective on yourself.
CDJay I didn't have any audio because my processor broke and it took this long to get fixed. Various albums over the years have had wayyyyy shorter submission deadlines, and we have the advantage of already trawling for podcasts regularly. You may be misinterpreting my opinion of myself and HU, I just don't see how on earth we deserve castigating. I've done loads to help Ken, so it's not as if I am blind to things like that but until you get to enjoy the blinkered ignorance I deal with daily in my attempts to work with the wider scene at all levels you can't conceive the levels of frustration.

One week for submissions, on a project announced a full 4 months ago, is ample. The end.

CDJay
CDJay I should also point out I've been earmarking stuff since mid last year, so I'm hardly flying blind.

CDJay
Future_Shock
quote:
I should also point out I've been earmarking stuff since mid last year, so I'm hardly flying blind.

CDJay

Do submissions have to be mastered?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Haven't publicly announced submissions being open. Haven't listened to any until the week of the deadline. Haven't had working audio for 3 months.

Real organized.

And I realise that's almost blasphemy, given your cult following on here. At the end of the day, if you're looking for leading lights, Ken Masters sets a good example. Organized, transparent and gives everyone a chance to impress.

You have quite an extraordinary view of yourself and your role in Hardcore. I concede, you're contributing a lot of content to the scene, but it's very unhealthy to have such a perspective on yourself.

You make it sound like Jon's running Sony or BMI, this is hardcore the scene itself is barely organized. So if anything his "disorganization" is in tune with the norm of the scene.

And nothing against Ken Masters, but in a 12 month period he's released 2 free digital albums that don't require as much work as what Jon had to do to push out 14 physical albums (34 CDs of DJ-friendly tracks and mixes) in that same period. With a free digital album you don't have to worry about printing issues, paying royalty fees, making sure that you have legal permission to have all tracks feature on the albums (especially remixes), having to wait on producers to meet deadlines (Brisk taking 2+ years for his album), etc.

And he's also not working on one album at a time. On top of HU7, he's currently working on Entity's artist album, F&D's next artist album, the HU breaks 2 album, Nu Foundation's album, HU DJ tools Vol 5, and a variety of albums yet to be announced. Perhaps he may be taking on too much at one time, but in the end everything eventually works out well. He managed to push out all those projects despite issues he's faced. Jon has never failed in promising to deliver the albums he's been working on, with one exception so far and that's not his fault.

And I'm not defending HU just because I'm a massive fan of the label and its producers, it's plainly obvious that they're the most organized entity in the hardcore scene currently not including event-only companies. Despite what I said about their content I praised Futureworld when they started having a consistent release schedule when they revamped the label, until they stopped releasing anything.

Maybe you're pissed off because you don't have time to throw something together to submit for the album so attacking Jon for no logical reason makes you feel better. Perhaps instead of being a keyboard cunt you should revive your failed Zonkers project now that Sharkey has fucked off god knows where and won't throw such a huge shitfit over the album. But knowing you you'll fail again and talk shit to and alienate producers and djs involved in the project just like last time.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
I should also point out I've been earmarking stuff since mid last year, so I'm hardly flying blind.

CDJay

Do submissions have to be mastered?

Nope, just make a note of the state. That said it *is* crucial to note that unmastered will eventually need to be supplied for eventual inclusion.

CDJay
_Jay_

Of all the things wrong with Hardcore you choose to go nuts about this. Have a laugh, Olly!

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page