Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Australia / New Zealand
 UTOPIA: Sydney, Australia 26 April, 2003

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
toxic Name: UTOPIA - Featuring Public Domain vs Ultrasonic, Commander Tom, Kevin Energy & Sharkey

Date: SATURDAY 26th APRIL, 2003 (10pm-8am) ANZAC DAY LONG WEEKEND

Venue: SYDNEY SUPERDOME (Sydney, Australia)

Dj's: International, Interstate and Local performers ripping it up across 4 massive arenas:
( Main : Hardcore : Mashup : Breaks)

MAIN
Public Domain (UK) vs Ultrasonic (UK) - BeXta (live) - Pee Wee Ferris - Nik Fish (ohhh my gawwd)- Fenix - Jumping Jack - Andrew James - Chester - Mc Losty

HARDCORE
Kevin Energy (UK) - Sharkey (UK) - Crisis - Marcos - Geoff Da Chef - Team Rocket - Suae Weaver - Mc Sharkey

MASHUP
Commander Tom (Ger) - Mark Dynamix - Nervous - Gee Wiz - Yoshi - Matrix - Amber Savage Phase One - Flipside - Mc D-Tek

BREAKS
Chris Fraser (Canb) - Kid Kenobi - Q45 - Ritual - Emme - Abel - Elroy - Matt & Kalya
Neo Teng - pH - Mc Antic

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
silver Added to events.
TweekiN Now without a DOUBT
i will be at this 1

www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=228695

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!
strychnine I haven't been to a Utopia for a while - my last one was the Rob Gee / Omar Santana one, if I recall correctly. This one may be an option.

plus look at the name of the 3rd room ... MASHUP <---- thats quality

manic Ultrasonic/ Public Domain are something else, will be going to this one.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

pacman yeah i might be in consideration of this one too, even though i don't typically go to utopias. ultrasonic would be good to see...

quote:
- Nik Fish (ohhh my gawwd)-

hahaha is this being sarcastic?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
TweekiN i was at that 1 too with robgee

www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=228695

Go hard or GO HOME!!
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by pacman:
quote:

Nah ... it's a joke. CBF explaining it right now ... besides, you really have to see it live to appreciate it.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
silver When you book Ultrasonic you get Public domain included so why not promote both names.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
toxic
quote:
quote:

hahahahaha, how'd u guess?

and also what strychnine said.

silver There is a very very very high chance I will be at this event, if anyone wants to meet up I will be wearing a MasterWax T-shirt :)

weba_d Have it be done then. I'll be there... maybe i could become a sales rep in the future aye Silver?

Originally posted by silver:
There is a very very very high chance I will be at this event, if anyone wants to meet up I will be wearing a MasterWax T-shirt :)

Who's funding the trip?

Im sure the Sydney guys will be keen for a meet up.

pacman abso****inglutely!

weba_d Good good now lets not make this one into a hyperspeed thread

I suppose we could organise another meet up. I can see pacman already interested, anyone else?

pacman my hyperspeed thread is still the second longest thread. at least i think so.... can't get the topic stats page up.

toxic
quote:
my hyperspeed thread is still the second longest thread. at least i think so.... can't get the topic stats page up.

It's the 3rd most replied to thread and it's the 22nd most read thread.

Anyways, back to Utopia. Anyone know if tickets are on sale yet, aswell as price? I'd assume they'd be $66+bf, but can anyone confirm?

K-Hole Sometimes this is dangerous!
Sometimes this is rough!
But one thing is true…
We never get, we never get enough.
You may think we are crazy.
You may think we're insane.
But one thing is true…
The feeling we get, we now there'll be the same core!!

Our happy hardcore!
Our happy hardcore!
Our happy hardcore!
Yeah!!

Some people say at the dancefloor…
?????
'Cause one thing is true…
Today is now, tomorrow is tomorrow
Can you see all this people?
Everyone jumping around!
So one thing is true!…
It's the music we love, it's the ultimate sound!

Our happy hardcore!
Yeeeah!!
Our happy hardcore!
Our happy hardcore!

manic Keen to go to this one, it's my birthday rave, so I up for a meet up.

weba_d You guys send me more broke every year, looks like another expensive flight to Sydney via Coolangatta. Luckly we had already planned this one.

looks interesting : Strychnine, me Toxic, tweekn, Silver pacan and manic

cameron Man, i will be this one for sure!!!! Ultrasonic are the shit.

Not long to go now, only 33 days to go!

If anyone wants to catch up for a chat, i might be wearing some fluro yellow furry pants with big black stars on each ankle.

(some of you may remember them from the oct 5th utopia last year?)

anyways, see ya all there!

Reality is an illusion, caused by lack of drugs.
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by cameron:
Not long to go now, only 33 days to go!

Actually, its 30 days now, but not that im counting.

quote:
Originally posted by cameron:
If anyone wants to catch up for a chat, i might be wearing some fluro yellow furry pants with big black stars on each ankle.

Talk about planning in advance.

cameron Well you see i already had em in stock from oct 5th last year, and had that many comments on them that i thought i would don them once again for what is, quite possibly, my last Utopia ever.

Reality is an illusion, caused by lack of drugs.
TweekiN my 23 is the night b4
LOL i am getting OLD

Go hard or GO HOME!!
weba_d 23? shit, diversity

Anyways, silver, if you do come out, how long you staying?

silver Dunno... a few days I think.

Hostile8 why i'm so far... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Human Blood 2 03/14 -+> Da Predator :D
toxic So who's definitely going?

pacman OKAY meet-up???? it would be good to see everyone again.... yeah okay so i've seen most of you since hyper but not weba.... and hopefully we can get some more hhcers here!!! so far it looks like myself, manic, toxic, strych, weba.... possibly tweekin??? (silver's not coming)...

so yeah if you all wanna meet up i am proposing 1am at the first aid area.... if not, do you want to use the system of "mobile meet-up", because i think we all have eachothers mobile numbers from last time??? i know i have tox, strych, manic, and weba??

one_scatterd_lil_monk_e if only i had the cash to go and meet u all. haha maybe if i start saving i might meet u all in 2 years time... as of 2 days ago im down $850 as of a car crash :( owells its only money right...

" tonight im jip travolta , im peter popper , im going to never never land with my chosen family, man. we're going to get more spaced out than neil armstong ever did."
JIP HUMAN TRAFFIC
djyogi Ahhh im passing on this one. I have a big reunion on the same day and were all going to paintball, So i shall see if im bugerred or not.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
pacman if you wanna meet up and you haven't met any of us b4 send me a private message before the night and i'll arrange something! in the words of the great big kev:

toxic To those attended, what did you think of the night?

pacman i had a good night overall.... not the best but good. and didn't really see any of the internationals (a little of kevin energy, a little of us vs pd, no commander tom which was a bummer!! i completely forgot dammit!).

but what the **** was the deal with the ultrasonic and public domain dj set???? any idiot could have done what they did. when you're paying alot for a party with live acts on the bill you expect to see them live (yes i know it wasn't advertised but it's fair to assume - it should have been advertised as a dj set). that kinda annoyed me. and i thought it was really weird how they played that fatman scoop vs crooklyn clan song?? i went to fill up my water, came back and that was on... what the ****? hahaha so i went to see weaver instead....

...who i think had one of the sets of the night! the updated version of 'come into my dreams' ****ing rocks! and his playing promos and up-front stuff really hit the spot for me... lots of energy in his set.... maybe it was just the 'right' time for me ... except my mate was standing on one of the hixxy cds that were thrown out into the crowd and didn't even notice till someone else came and walked off with it!!! damn idiot! but yeah a good set in my eyes....

didn't venture between the rooms much, spent most of my night in the main room and the hardcore room, though i did make it to the trance room for a bit of nervous's set.

overall i thought it was good. i nicknamed the ACES security 'the smoking police' coz that's all they seemed to be doing: stopping people smoking! but yeah as my experience from rock gigs went to show, the ACES are pretty much ****s, although i didn't have a whole lot of trouble with them. they're just like the social outcasts of society. oh yeah and maybe t's coz i haven't been to a utopia in a long time but the first aid area seemed like a mini-hospital!!!! light show was ****ing awesome.... sat up in the stalls and just watched the lasers for a while.... dancers on stage were pretty cool, with the exception of the firedancer who dropped her firestick and went millimetres away from burning a few peoples heads off (no-one sat in that spot again!!).... sound was good, and was good in the hardcore room too. the superdome is an awesome venue (except for phone reception)... there's nothin like walking down those tunnels and looking at those masses of people waving glowsticks and alldancing and shit!

but yeah.... now my essays over.... what did everyone else think?

but yeah the only reason im typing in this thread is about kevin e, i never really respected that man as much as i should. i saw him down in canberra in a club that only had 130 ppl in it with him ripping it up and he stayed all night and talked to us for smeggin AGES and got well maggot, hes a farkin CHAMP!

god damn hes a good dj i wasnt keen on the stuff coming off nu energy for a while there, but its seemed to really be picking up, ****ing with the frequencies its a tres impressive song, LOVE IT!

anyway the moral of that story is, ultrasonic have lost any respect i had for them, kevin energy is a champ and looks like sherlock holmes (lol its hard to explain ill see if i can get the pics - was funny as hell)

weba_d iwasthere.i.met.u.at.hyper.pacma.my.comp.is.fukd.saue.weaver.was.good.was.at.hardcore.whole.time.the.catipilla.was.sik.fuk.lasers.good.i.was.wit.3.hoties.wit.short.skirts.ehite.tops.my.keyoard.is.rigged.chow!

manic I had an alright night. Ultrasonic v Public Domain had some good tracks, but, they could have done a live act. Heard a bit of commander tom and kevin energy, but, weaver played the best set I heard that night. The lightshow the best I had scene at a rave. It was a memorable parte.

strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by weba_d:
iwasthere.i.met.u.at.hyper.pacma.my.comp.is.fukd.saue.weaver.was.good.was.at.hardcore.whole.time.the.catipilla.was.sik.fuk.lasers.good.i.was.wit.3.hoties.wit.short.skirts.ehite.tops.my.keyoard.is.rigged.chow!

Annoying though it may be to read, that ^^ actually looks kinda cool.

[url=""]Not-So-Alert Moderator[/url]
n/a Hi guys,

Went to BRISBANES mayday system 6 V's utopia in Australia on the weekend and it absoultley went off.....
apperances by< Kevin Energy, Sharky, Brisk, commander Tom,

Had the best night of my life!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE RAVING!!!!

GottA LovE iT

sToMp TiL Ya DrOp
RaVe`BuNi oo0o0o0o0 i had SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun lol best night of my life. although pub domain + ultrasonic didnt impress me much as they couldve. heheh see the crowd go off wen peewee came on with the theme mowwww. it was a good night. sum1 taking pics took one of me n this guy but i cant find it!! ive tried inthemix, overdrive + ph but none of their albums have me does any1 else know where i coud look?
wen i say UUUUUUUUU u say TOPIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
omg im so sykd for godspeed lol i luv breeze + stylez c use all der ha

another pill poping rave buni is just wat the world needs =)
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by RaVe`BuNi:
does any1 else know where i coud look?

Try the mksydney site
or
unrealphotos

RaVe`BuNi OMGGGGGG LOL GUES WAT!!!!!!!!!!!! yay i found my utopia pic on unreal photos lol thank u soooooo much hehehe i luv it we look so cute but my mouth looks funey coz im trying to keep it stil lol =P MWAAA

toxic Glad to be of assistance

RaVe`BuNi lol do u wanna seee itttttt

wat should i whisper to u? i dno much nice things lol

It took 2.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page