Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Scotland V England

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
The Dopeman watching the game at celtic park tonight and it's been not too bad so far i hope this becomes a yearly fixture

anyone have any thoughts on this?
wong Making it yearly will so make it boring nobody will give a shit
djDMS Do you seriously want a yearly football lesson? ;-)
Elipton I thought Scotland had 'a point to prove' :]
The Dopeman lol england maybe have better players but we're getting better all the time slowly but surely sloppy as fcuk 3rd goal to concede tho and right after we scored aswell :p

we were always gonna lose most of our players play for championship teams whereas most if not all of englands players play in the premiere league so it's pretty obvious england were the clear favorites to win
The drunken scotsman Caught parts of the game, looked like there was some decent goals at least. Have to say I really don't have much interest in international football, outside of the major tournaments. Friendlies and qualifiers generally bore the tits off me and interfere with the normal football fixtures.
Scotland have been pretty crap all of my life but strachan definitely seems to have got us playing. Although I'm not sure if that's just because of his predecessor Craig Levein being so pish that it's making Strachan look better.
The Dopeman
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
strachan definitely seems to have got us playing. Although I'm not sure if that's just because of his predecessor Craig Levein being so pish that it's making Strachan look better.

don't forget berti vogts lol worst scotland manager av ever seen :p we did play ok but england defo played better

my only gripe with the current squad is strachan keeps playing whittaker...it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch we have a fair few better choices at RB was nice to see fletcher play his 1st game in 4 years tho but when your coming up against the likes of rooney, wilshere, chamberlain etc any scotland squad is gonna look average at best

i wish we had a gareth bale in our squad lol
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
strachan definitely seems to have got us playing. Although I'm not sure if that's just because of his predecessor Craig Levein being so pish that it's making Strachan look better.

don't forget berti vogts lol worst scotland manager av ever seen :p we did play ok but england defo played better

my only gripe with the current squad is strachan keeps playing whittaker...it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch we have a fair few better choices at RB was nice to see fletcher play his 1st game in 4 years tho but when your coming up against the likes of rooney, wilshere, chamberlain etc any scotland squad is gonna look average at best

i wish we had a gareth bale in our squad lol

Craig Levein was the worst manager we've had in recent times imo. Won't ever forget the 4-6-0 formation he played and we still lost. Quite simply the most negative manager I've seen. And the thing with fletcher was pathetic. The main reason for that was because Levein is a big hearts fan and fletcher came from hibs, ridiculous!
The Dopeman
quote:
Won't ever forget the 4-6-0 formation he played and we still lost. Quite simply the most negative manager I've seen.

i did imo his whole time as manager was forgettable since there was nothing he did that was even remotely memorable plus he picked some shocking teams at times

Ken Masters It was a pretty disappointing performance to say the least. Things looked promising to begin with but something was really lacking from the Scottish performance.

Whether the Ireland game took too much out the team im not sure, but we seemed to lack passion. We rely on hearts on sleeve determination in games & when its missing we dont have much else to go on.

With the quality England have, they could play terribly & still get the job done purely down to the talent of individual players. If we dont collectively perform we dont get much from the game. England played well, not outstanding but it was good to see them looking much more comfortable. Rooneys a class act as always. How that guy can get so much stick is beyond me.

On a more positive note! Things are looking much better under Strachan :) we're in a real positive position in terms of confidence & form. Another couple of decent results & you never know how this group will pan out :)

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page