Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 'Game Changers' Mix Series - Vol 1 'Electronic'

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters Hi guys, i'm not sure how this will go down on here but if your interested in the origins of musical genres you might enjoy this.

SC - https://soundcloud.com/djkenmasters/ken-masters-paper-c-gull-present-game-changers-electronic-ken-masters-mix

Every so often musicians come along and change the direction & face of music. Not driven by the fame & fortune but the desire to offer something different & unique to the world of music. They're called Gamechangers.

Myself & my brother have decided to start a brand new mix series, each time selecting a different genre of music & with each volume, featuring some of our favourite & most influential artists of that genre. Remembering the legends that pushed the musical boundaries & formed the sound.

Vol 1 covers some of the creators of Electronic Music. A type of music that has gone on to influence many, many genres, most notably the powerhouse genre that is EDM. We hope you enjoy the series & please take time to research & support these game changing artists.

Intro 1: Jean Michel Jarre (France)
1: Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe Part I (Album: Equinoxe, 1978)
2: Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene Part II (Album: Oxygene, 1976)
Intro 2: Kraftwerk (Germany)
3: Kraftwerk - Kometenmelodie 2 (Album: Autobahn, 1974)
4: Kraftwerk - Computer Love (Album: Computer World, 1981)
Intro 3: Gary Numan (UK)
5: Tubeway Army - Are 'Friends' Electric (Album: Replicas, 1979)
Intro 4: Ryuichi Sakamoto (Japan)
6: YMO - Tong Poo (Album: YMO, 1978)
7: YMO - Rydeen (Album: Solid State Survivor, 1979)
Intro 5: Giorgio Moroder (Italy)
8: Giorgio Moroder - I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (Album: From Here To Eternity, 1977)
Samination I defintly know of JMJ and Kraftwerk. I might have no albums by KW but I do have most of JMJ's Studio albums, including the Essentials, which has his, until that point, unreleased material from before Oxygene (1-6)
Triquatra Love it! :D
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I defintly know of JMJ and Kraftwerk. I might have no albums by KW but I do have most of JMJ's Studio albums, including the Essentials, which has his, until that point, unreleased material from before Oxygene (1-6)

Excellent album that :)

I think you'll like the YMO tracks my friend. They played a big part in forming the J Pop sound.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Love it! :D

Cheers! Not that there was much mixing skills involved as such haha

Will definitely get round to a part 2, make that one a bit longer :)
Shades still gets me that oxygene, was released in 1976

got this on the D-low cheers
Triquatra yes, definitely do a part 2, would love to hear it - I must have played this mix 6 or seven times in the last couple of days!
Ken Masters
quote:
yes, definitely do a part 2, would love to hear it - I must have played this mix 6 or seven times in the last couple of days!

That really means a lot. We've mostly started this for our own enjoyment but its great to see people appreciating & enjoying the music as much as we do :) hopefully people will check it out & learn a little something from each edition.

I did play it a little safe with the tracklist on this one but next time round I'll venture into more experimental stuff. My brothers mix is coming soon though :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
still gets me that oxygene, was released in 1976

got this on the D-low cheers

I knew it was 70s but I must admit I was shocked when I realised it was as far back as '76, especially when you consider how long it would've taken to get it to release stage. Your looking more like 74/75 production.
dyvetz Holy shite, Kraftwerk and Yellow Magic Orchestra!

Nice work.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by dyvetz:
Holy shite, Kraftwerk and Yellow Magic Orchestra!

Nice work.

YMO = Absolute heroes.
Shades sooooooo.....

wheres vol II??
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
sooooooo.....

wheres vol II??

My brothers supposed to be making his mix but he's taking his sweet time over it!

I was going to move onto Hip Hop next but could put together another Electronic one first.

Glad your enjoying it man :)
Triquatra Yes! Another electronic! :D
Ken Masters
quote:
Yes! Another electronic! :D

I'll add it to the list! :D
Ken Masters May have had a wee gander through the hd for potential vol 2 tracks last night ;)
Triquatra too right, stop posting and start creating :P
Shades whispers~~ Vangelis - blade runner theme

It took 1.35 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page