Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 UK or J-Core?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ultraskool Hey guys Happy New Year 2015, wanted to do a poll on which style you like better nowadays? do you like UK Hardcore still or are you diggin' the J-Core that's been gaining popularity in the Asia-Pacific region?
I saw in 2014 quite a big explosion in the J Core scene. with more new DJ/s and production crew stepping into the scene. I think it's been quite a positively fresh outlook for the HHC scene. Hope we don't have to get too bogged down in that Electro-Dubstep phase of Happyhard.

But for me - the Future is J-Core Happy Hardcore!
DjZelous Im a Huge fan of J-core But i Love Uk Hardcore
skankineddie666 It really depends. In both genres you have a wide roster of producers who take the music in its own direction. For example.... At the moment DJ Noriken is producing quality tunes but they sound like something you'd hear from Futureworld. He currently has this electro/dubstep/club sound which doesn't really sound like jcore. But then you have others like REDALICE, P*Light who keep that cheesy happy sound.

The same thing can be said for UK Hardcore. You have artist like Gammer, Tyl3r, Breeze and Modulate who also push the club sound but at the same time you have Darwin & Fracus or Scott Brown who are still producing bouncy tracks.

So it's up to ones preference.

... Or option number 3...FREEFORM!
DJ D-Luc-D J-Core all ****ing day.

I agree with skankineddie although I personally believe Noriken does that sound better than UK producers. :P Not to say I don't enjoy UKHC, but less so recently. For the more J-Core sounding stuff artists like LU-I, Sanaas, Soleily, Aki and Asterisk are really doing it for me.
Samination yea, Japanese hardcore (not just the 'uk hardcore' bit) is boomingin comparison to the english scene. Sadly it isn't the easiest to get unless you want to spend a bunch of money on getting it sent from Japan :P
Cyrax Freeform Hardcore ;)
Audio Warfare A mixture. Variety is the spice of life after all.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
yea, Japanese hardcore (not just the 'uk hardcore' bit) is boomingin comparison to the english scene. Sadly it isn't the easiest to get unless you want to spend a bunch of money on getting it sent from Japan :P

To be honest the yen is so weak now that I've found it just as expensive as buying any other music recently. :P Plus there's always a shit ton of free stuff. :D
Vladel I wouldn't have a clue where to start with u-core
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
A mixture. Variety is the spice of life after all.

This. Although I really don't try and follow any j-core, but hearing a few clips of it it's top quality.
brodster UK Hardcore has it's strong points but J-core all day. The Japanese producers in the scene are creative and give no shits about popular trends.
rafferty UK Hardcore all the way. I really like the new EDM vibe of UK Hardcore at the moment. UK Hardcore changed to Hard Trance when it was popular in the 2000s and now it is evolving to something better again.

If the only Happy Hardcore around was jcore I would never listen to it. Should be called gaycore with all those high pitched lyrics in an Asian language.
Can imagine or the Asian ladyboys dancing away to their jcore lol

Hardstyle is good otherwise, the heavy kicks sound so much like proper Hardcore these days. And has respect in the scene.
ninja edit
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
UK Hardcore all the way. I really like the new EDM vibe of UK Hardcore at the moment. UK Hardcore now it is evolving to something better again.

rafferty So saying what I think is suddenly trolling lol??? I think jcore sounds gay, so what. If you like it, good for you because very few others do.

The shemale comment was a joke, lighten up.
latininxtc
quote:

If the only Happy Hardcore around was jcore I would never listen to it. Should be called gaycore with all those high pitched lyrics in an Asian language.
Can imagine or the Asian ladyboys dancing away to their jcore lol

Oh the irony of you wanting to call j-core gaycore. You do realize that a lot of the world will say you're pretty fucking gay for even listening to happy/uk hardcore?

rafferty Good to see you have come out of the closet latinxtc by loving your gaycore jcore. I know you wear candy too which says it all.

By the way is that pic you posted above your shemale boyfriend???? Hahaha!!!
latininxtc
quote:
Good to see you have come out of the closet latinxtc by loving your gaycore jcore. I know you wear candy too which says it all.

With sad jokes and trolling skills like that there's no way you're from the UK. You've got to be an American pre-teen.

And shemales? Www fucking no! If I wanted a chick with a dick it makes more sense to get a real woman and buy her a strap-on.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Good to see you have come out of the closet latinxtc by loving your gaycore jcore. I know you wear candy too which says it all.

And shemales? Www fucking no! If I wanted a chick with a dick it makes more sense to get a real woman and buy her a strap-on.

Or help the Japanese by donating to some kind of fut*nari research
trippnface gotta give it to the J core right now.
so much variety and ALOT of talent
the only thing uk hardcore has on j core right now is that i do not speak japanese so i do not receive the full euphoria from the lyrics :p
see collabs with uk hardcore producers as well which i love
no drama between the crews as far as i can see which uk hardcore cannot claim
consistent releases; getting way more out of j core than uk hardcore recently.
love anime and japan style so naturally its just fkn awesome
ultraskool Rafferty: You're a funny dude, so what do you think of Gay House music (Gay Disco) - I remember there was even a Radio Station devoted to 'Disco House Music' back in the late 90's - 2000's. I think it was called 'NuWave FM" or something to that effect.

I think there are elements in J-Core that are not-so-gay or cheesy, just as Happyhard has some good 'Freeform' elements. To me, J-core has always been more 'Techno/Breakbeat Oriented.

That comment about Asian ladyboys dancing to it? they would dance to UK Happy just the same way anyways.
Elipton J-Core for me
lurker I'd say J-Core wins out, but not by much. Sure, J-Core is happier overall, but sometimes I don't want that. Also, I think UK Hardcore tracks tend to stand out more, for better or worse. It just seems like several J-Core artists make a ton of tracks that sound really similar to each other- DJ Genki's the biggest example- while UK Hardcore doesn't have as many artists who do that.
Claxton I'm interested by all the comments regarding J-Core and the fact it's thriving musically at the moment. I've been out of touch from it for a few years.

Would it be possible for some links to examples of top J-Core with out derailing the thread please?
brodster
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
I'd say J-Core wins out, but not by much. Sure, J-Core is happier overall, but sometimes I don't want that. Also, I think UK Hardcore tracks tend to stand out more, for better or worse. It just seems like several J-Core artists make a ton of tracks that sound really similar to each other- DJ Genki's the biggest example- while UK Hardcore doesn't have as many artists who do that.

Really good point. J-Core producers do love reusing a lot of the same chord progressions. They do it very well however. For me generic J-core is mediocre at worst, but generic UK hardcore is mediocre at best. Also while a lot of J-core has a much happier vibe there are also a lot of good gabber and heavy dark freeform from Japanese artists.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
I'd say J-Core wins out, but not by much. Sure, J-Core is happier overall, but sometimes I don't want that. Also, I think UK Hardcore tracks tend to stand out more, for better or worse. It just seems like several J-Core artists make a ton of tracks that sound really similar to each other- DJ Genki's the biggest example- while UK Hardcore doesn't have as many artists who do that.

True, I notice this a lot, but then I find that in UKHC instead of one artist's tracks all sounding the same everyone's tracks sound the same lol. I don't doubt I'm in a minority that thinks this though. xD
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I'm interested by all the comments regarding J-Core and the fact it's thriving musically at the moment. I've been out of touch from it for a few years.

Would it be possible for some links to examples of top J-Core with out derailing the thread please?

A good example of the more UK-influenced stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/djnoriken/dj-noriken-aerial

A good example of anison remix kinda stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/lu-i/20-1
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:

not sure what you mean by this exactly. Are you implying that a few artists (could be/wouldbe aliases) are creating the glut of J-core? if so it sounds like happy hardcore history repeating itself. lol!

Check out Zekk.
Best asian hardcore I've heard.
lurker Welp, I originally worded that better but the refresh button ate it. Here's what I meant:

This is the preview for a DJ Genki album. Half of the tracks sound exactly the same to me, and a lot of his other tracks sound the same as them, too. He uses the same pianos, same synths, and similar sounding riffs in a dozen different tracks. I think J-Core has a lot more producers making one template and using it over and over than UK hardcore does.
Ravemark I am sure there have been Japanese guys with productions on UK labels in the past. Tracks were in English though. Probably the only thing stopping J-Core getting really popular is it being in another language.
English speaking productions really helped put Dutch Happy Hardcore on the map and I think it would do the same with J-Core.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:
I'm interested by all the comments regarding J-Core and the fact it's thriving musically at the moment. I've been out of touch from it for a few years.

Yea... I love them both. I just wish Japanese hardcore was accessible. It's always CD releases and 70% of the tracks on the CDs usually don't appeal to me. So it becomes very expensive to buy one or two tracks which I really want.

Didn't Hardcore Syndrome become available for digital download on play.com a few years ago? I wish this happened more often.
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:

Yea... I love them both. I just wish Japanese hardcore was accessible. It's always CD releases and 70% of the tracks on the CDs usually don't appeal to me. So it becomes very expensive to buy one or two tracks which I really want.

Didn't Hardcore Syndrome become available for digital download on play.com a few years ago? I wish this happened more often.

Yeah, I bought a few TANO*C releases from there since it was the only place that did them in 320kbps but for some reason they aren't on there anymore. O_o You can still find them on Amazon and iTunes though.

Also I'd like to point out that Attack The Music (a label based in California) has been helping to make releases accessible to the west by teaming up with Japanese labels like Lilium Records and MINAMOTRANCE and distributing them digitally. :D This is also a great time to self-promote lol
_Jay_

Tend to find J-Core just too sickly. Undoubtedly, there are some amazing tracks out there. I just can't handle the atmosphere that relentless, pitched-up four-year-old-sounding vocals in another language cultivate.

It's not actually the vocals that do that, to be honest. It's the little isolated talking samples that get me. Something really nauseating about them.

That sounds like a really harsh (generalist) review of J-Core. I honestly do really like most of what I've ever heard. But I could not imagine it being my main source of beats because of the reasons above.

Cyrax There is some really good stuff out there, but I find with some J-Core you have to sift through track after track after track to get to the good stuff
trippnface
quote:

https://soundcloud.com/lapixmusic/lapix-far-afield

https://soundcloud.com/junktrance518/happymaker-junk-remixdemo

https://soundcloud.com/3r2/star-rider
Cyrax
quote:

This is my Favourite J Core track and it's FREE download , don't really play J Core at al, though :(

https://soundcloud.com/dil/tanuki-everytime-everywhere?in=dil/sets/free-downlaods
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:

This is my Favourite J Core track and it's FREE download , don't really play J Core at al, though :(

https://soundcloud.com/dil/tanuki-everytime-everywhere?in=dil/sets/free-downlaods

fuuuuukk i forgot about Tanuki. ridiculously talented; incredibly mixing & mashup skills.
wish he still mixed uk hardcore/j core; think he only does neurofunk now >.>
this set changed my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VDXqSej9Q
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:

I've already got this and I've been hammering it over the last few years. Great track!!
whispering Japanese Hardcore for me. Recently probably listened nadeco the most.
jordesuvi
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
fuuuuukk i forgot about Tanuki. ridiculously talented; incredibly mixing & mashup skills.
this set changed my life

WOW. 0:00 to 4:00 was perhaps the best way to open a hardcore mix (to a certain demographic) ever.
I always knew Tanuki had a lot of talent, but that was amazing.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
this set changed my life

WOW. 0:00 to 4:00 was perhaps the best way to open a hardcore mix (to a certain demographic) ever.
I always knew Tanuki had a lot of talent, but that was amazing.

haha right? get the room jumpin real quick !

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page