Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 How much does it cost to hire a singer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
choonland Does anybody have experience contracting a pro/semi-pro singer/songwriter for your hardcore tracks?

I am thinking something along these terms:

- Preferably female singer
- Collaborate with the producer to create the lyrics and the melody of the vocals.
- Working remotely / online.
- Final track to be distributed for free.

How much could a deal like this cost?
what else should be considered?
Any female singer you can recommend?

thanks!
Quicksilver If you get a well-known singer like Emily Reed, Kyla, Lisa Abbott, Cat Knight, Mark Slammer, Lisa-Marie or whatever, you probably are looking for above ?100 (pound).

If you find a not so well-known singer, maybe you would get it for free or at least for the sum of hiring a studio to record it (if the singer doesn't have a home recording studio, which I doubt a "bedroom singer" would have) in exchange for the chance of rising in fame if the track succeeds. Ask around on Facebook or Soundcloud singer profiles!
Hard2Get
quote:
If you find a not so well-known singer, maybe you would get it for free

Well they need to be pro or semi-pro so that won't happen.

It looks like you're asking for 2 things here. Song writing and vocals. So they both need to be able to song write and sing, and it will cost you more presumably (maybe not if semi-pro). No idea how much it would cost though.
Future_Shock It ranges.

Last time i checked Lisa Abbott was by far the most affordable option (50-100 pounds).

DMO was the least affordable option (upwards of 1000 pounds)

But this was a couple of years ago. YMMV.

What you'll find is that they usually already have lyrics lined up and will write a vocal melody to suit the music you give them. I'm sure they're open to other options though.

I knew and recorded with a well once-famous produce in hardcore from the UK who was residing in Australia and had the privilege of hearing vocals that he had sung to send to a vocalist to do better. That's how he did it. Everyone has their methods.
AllisonM
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

It looks like you're asking for 2 things here. Song writing and vocals. So they both need to be able to song write and sing, and it will cost you more presumably (maybe not if semi-pro). No idea how much it would cost though.

vocals would need processed too xx
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

don't get me wrong, I dont mind a "bedroom singer" if the singing is good, the recording decent, and for free... I 'd be delighted!
but thats very unlikely to happen
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
It ranges.

Last time i checked Lisa Abbott was by far the most affordable option (50-100 pounds).

DMO was the least affordable option (upwards of 1000 pounds)

But this was a couple of years ago. YMMV.

What you'll find is that they usually already have lyrics lined up and will write a vocal melody to suit the music you give them. I'm sure they're open to other options though.

I knew and recorded with a well once-famous produce in hardcore from the UK who was residing in Australia and had the privilege of hearing vocals that he had sung to send to a vocalist to do better. That's how he did it. Everyone has their methods.

very informative Influx, thank you.
DJ2XL There is a small screw under each foot that makes the singer higher.... (i'm here all week lol)
Mansy You could always get a girlfriend who can sing ;) i get mine to sing on my tracks. She writes the vocals and i send her a melody and she suits her vocal to it. Plus its free that way lol
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
You could always get a girlfriend who can sing ;) i get mine to sing on my tracks. She writes the vocals and i send her a melody and she suits her vocal to it. Plus its free that way lol

So...... Can I borrow your girlfriend?
Mansy Lol im affraid not :p

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page