Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Older freeform ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
scottyd2k9 Does anyone know what the older freeform sound was created with ? Was it hardware, if so what synthesizer ?

this type of bassline sound

I have tried with Vstation and Sylenth but I can't get it to sound as nice and warm as that.

Thanks alot !
brodster Vstation and sylenth are more than enough to make that kind of music. Just keep playing with it.
scottyd2k9
quote:
Originally posted by brodster:
Vstation and sylenth are more than enough to make that kind of music. Just keep playing with it.

Ok then thanks....

Is there any good distortion plugins.. The built in distortion makes the sound to gritty..
Hard2Get It's far more about the way it was produced than what it was produced with. Can someone else re-post the link as it's not showing up for me.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
It's far more about the way it was produced than what it was produced with. Can someone else re-post the link as it's not showing up for me.

you really are having problems with flash/youtube videos? You must have installed some plugin that blocks things :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkwOH7LFc98
scottyd2k9
quote:
It's far more about the way it was produced than what it was produced with. Can someone else re-post the link as it's not showing up for me.

I had to turn pop blocker off in google chrome..
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

you really are having problems with flash/youtube videos? You must have installed some plugin that blocks things :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkwOH7LFc98

Not having problems no. It's only on this forum; where the link is completely invisible.
Hard2Get Which bass sound is it you want then? Assuming you mean the bass you can hear later in the tune; it's just a square (with maybe a bit of triangle or saw there too) with the top rolled off. Very simple. The other sound that accomponies it earlier in the song is just a distorted saw (303 style). Both bass is easily achieved with all synths and the saw easily achieved with any 303 emulator, and to a lesser degree with any synth.
Jay-MD You have to play with the cut-off+res envelope too to get that acidy sound. sylwnth1 does wonders with that, but as they said before, any basic vst can do.

It took 0.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page