Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Year 2000 - Nominations - 20 Years of Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shades In this thread -

Each member to nominate their 'favourite' hardcore track of 2000 (3 at most for each member) any more than 3 per member & only 3 will be randomly picked by me.
If you can get it down to 1 track even better... after all you can only vote for 1 later!!!

The track/tracks will go into a poll with the other nominations for a vote & only one tune will be chosen winner. i may even use facebook to push the voting.

nominations will be open for 7 days
7 days after will be used for voting
the nominations for the year 2001 thread will be opened during voting to save time as this will be a lengthy process

the end result should be a a pure transition from 1995 to 2015

sooooooooooooo.... lets get these nominations in, all i ask is please think before you nominate. you can only put forward 3 tunes

Nominations for 2000 are:
djDMS Sy & Unknown - Gonna get ya
Scott Brown - Love me too
Captain Triceps Interstate - From The Underground.
Hooligans of the New Skool 5 (remix of Vibes & Wishdokta - Music's So Wonderful).
The Vinsta - Undivided Love
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

Fine choice
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:

Fine choice

Thank you. If it actually does win, however, I will eat all the hats of every member of this forum.
CDJay I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know that track by name!

CDJay
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know that track by name!

CDJay

A lot of people don't but it's a really good tune. Engineered by Austin Reynolds. Far better than most things around at the time. I didn't even realise it was from 2000 until this post.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Sy & Unknown - Gonna get ya
Scott Brown - Love me too

Just noticed your Scott Brown tune. That is one of my nominations! I was going to suggest other SB tunes that i know from 2000 but they were all released in 2001. Here are my nominations:

Scott Brown - Love Me Too
Simon Apex, Fade & Bananaman - Destiny
dj switchback WOW, I haven't heard that Undivided Loving tune for years. Remember buying it back in early 2001 from the Nu Energy website.

Anyway, my 3 tunes from 2000 would be....

Scott Brown - Return To Elysium
Stealth - Love, Life & Happiness (Brisk mix)
UFO - Deep Inside.
latininxtc Oblivion- Into Oblivion (Ham Mix)
Ham & DNA- About U
Kaos- Don't Go (Go Mental Platinum Remix)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
WOW, I haven't heard that Undivided Loving tune for years. Remember buying it back in early 2001 from the Nu Energy website.

Anyway, my 3 tunes from 2000 would be....

Scott Brown - Return To Elysium
Stealth - Love, Life & Happiness (Brisk mix)
UFO - Deep Inside.

Crap! I was thinking of Return to Elysium about an hour before i actually made the list lol and then forgot about it. And Deep Inside i forgot about too but definitely would have been in there. Ah well i guess it doesn't matter. There are too many good tunes anyway!
Captain Triceps I were confused about Deep Inside, thought it were 2001 or I'd have said it too.
Turn Up The Music, was that 2000 or 2001? Discogs is confusing on this.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I'm ashamed to say I don't actually know that track by name!

CDJay

A lot of people don't but it's a really good tune. Engineered by Austin Reynolds. Far better than most things around at the time. I didn't even realise it was from 2000 until this post.

I always considered it part of the 'last batch'of happy hardcore releases before UK hardcore became the main sound.
dj switchback Both Deep Inside and Turn Up the Music were made in 2000 but released in 2001.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Both Deep Inside and Turn Up the Music were made in 2000 but released in 2001.

Scruttocks. My choices were good enough anyroad!

Edit - thanks Craig!
warped_candykid Fabulous Faber-Music I Like
Sy & Demo-Stay With me
dj switchback Stay With Me (Sy and Demo) was 1999.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Fabulous Faber-Music I Like
Sy & Demo-Stay With me

According to Discogs Music I like was released in 1999, but when it was available on hardbeatsdownload I think they labeled it as a 2001 release under a Hectech Unreleased label.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Oblivion- Into Oblivion (Ham Mix)
Ham & DNA- About U
Kaos- Don't Go

Don't Go was first released in 1997
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Oblivion- Into Oblivion (Ham Mix)
Ham & DNA- About U
Kaos- Don't Go

Don't Go was first released in 1997

Earliest discogs had it at was 2000, unless i missed something.
What about Autumn Dayz/Again by Kaos? Speaking of which, what's the difference between the 2?
Hard2Get Yeah i looked to confirm because i was sure there was an earlier release. The first ones that come up are from 2000, which has the remix on (which will be from around 2000 - much better than the original imo). But the first release was on Raving mad: http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Kaos-Dont-Go-Wipe-Out/release/32814
As for Autumn Dayz one is engineered by Austin Reynolds and one by Supreme & UFO. This is the Supreme & UFO one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bSLOWlYkg. Incidentally the Supreme & UFO one is much the same as their own release (Forever Autumn) of it in 1997.
Triquatra Brisk & Vinylgroover - Smooth And Irresistible (ABH Remix)
Thumpa Return To Elysium
Ham & DNA - About U

Anyone who went to raves in 2000 knows these were huge!
latininxtc
quote:
Yeah i looked to confirm because i was sure there was an earlier release. The first ones that come up are from 2000, which has the remix on (which will be from around 2000 - much better than the original imo). But the first release was on Raving mad: http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Kaos-Dont-Go-Wipe-Out/release/32814
As for Autumn Dayz one is engineered by Austin Reynolds and one by Supreme & UFO. This is the Supreme & UFO one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bSLOWlYkg. Incidentally the Supreme & UFO one is much the same as their own release (Forever Autumn) of it in 1997.

so this is the 2000 don't go remix?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86TxbibW0g
if so this is the one I'm adding as noms. Never knew another existed, and now that I'm listening to it wish I still didn't.
dj switchback There was no 2000 version of Don't Go. That remix from Kaos was made in 1999 but not released that year. Vibes played it as his last tune at the Millennium Jam event.

The original Don't Go on Raving Mad was 1996, but released in 1997.
latininxtc
quote:
There was no 2000 version of Don't Go. That remix from Kaos was made in 1999 but not released that year. Vibes played it as his last tune at the Millennium Jam event.

The original Don't Go on Raving Mad was 1996, but released in 1997.

ok so for nomination purposes, what makes a 2000 track, the release of the track for purchase or the year one first heard it?
johnnygomental Dj kaos-dont go
Dj kaos-diamond eyes
Interstate-i died in Aberdeen

Cheese and more cheese please sir 😝
dj switchback Diamond Eyes was from 1998 mate and as said, Don't Go was the back end of 1996.

I'm just assuming these posts are about tracks that were made in aforementioned year, as opposed to when they were released.

Take Vinylgroover's Toytown remix. Made in 1997, but that wasn't released until 2001. I wouldn't include that in the 2001 nominations.
Hard2Get So far it is based on when the tunes were released and not made. Hence i nominated the Fade, Bananaman & Simon Apex tune which was actually made in 1997.
johnnygomental Ye what he said ^^ 😜
Samination The few suggestions i made where based on when they first started to appear. Because if we didn't, then alot of the Raver Baby stuff will be 3 years late :P
djDMS Release date all the way for me. I heard most things well before release but that's not the same for the younger members among us!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
The few suggestions i made where based on when they first started to appear. Because if we didn't, then alot of the Raver Baby stuff will be 3 years late :P

That's fine. It doesn't take anything away from the activity.
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
my opinion is, if a tune is on a 1995 album it should be accepted, i mean, there were raver baby tunes being played out & released a long time after, but the memories are from the time you heard it, not when it was released

This was decided in the first thread (1995) right or wrong.... this is what we are going with, blame raver baby for piss poor release times

bare with me the mrs is still unwell & this thread is gonna take a while to check :)
latininxtc Well I missed the first 5 years of nominations, so now I know!

And I'll change it to reference the remix and not the original, as the original sounds awful imo
Mickey Init Sound Assassins - My Guardian Angel (Remix)
Eclipse - Listen Up (Ham's 2000 Mix)
Bang! - Break Of Dawn (Scott Brown Remix)
Mickey Init What happened with this project? Was the missus ok? Hope so.
Thumpa I'm putting an event on Friday 8th April actually called 20 Years Of Hardcore, 7 hour solo set with MC Whizzkid and guest MCs, actually gonna spend a lot of time on the 99-02 era so please put it in the diary if you can! Midlands venue, ?5 tickets :)
Ravemark One of my favourite eras was 2000.

Slipmatt & Frisky - Take care of you (Faze Freak records)
Interstate - From the underground (Bouncy Techno label)
The Vinsta - Undevided love (Vital Vinyl)
arpz Chuck submissions for this one as well, I'll put 1999 and 2000 up on Sunday, then we'll continue after, might as well give a week per year after that?

I'll also get something up to show the winners for each year etc, easier than referencing each thread
arpz attn: vladel
DJ A.K. Interstate - From the Underground
Buzz Fuzz vs Bass-D - Its Alright (stunned guys remix) - Does dutch stuff count
Scott Brown - Return to Elysium

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page