Total online 1559
 Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Can anyone recommend a good antivirus program?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc I currently have Kaspersky and my subscription just expired. I was planning on renewing it, but it's gotten a bit too pricey. I remember paying $45 for 2 years last I renewed. Can anyone recommend me an anti-virus software program that works just as good, if not better, than kaspersky at a more reasonable price?
Samination 5-6 years ago every "good" computer guy screamed that Eset's Nod32 was the best. Well at the time it had atleast a very good resource managing, but it's also very pricey (i think it still is). Ever since I stopped using NOD32 I've only used Microsoft's own AV, which is free, but what i've heard not the best there is.
Audio Warfare I used to use AVG but that's quite add heavy now with pop ups and attempts to make you buy the premium version. Have since switched to the free Microsoft one. I've not had a virus in the 10 odd years of having a PC that only I use. I don't use ******* sites and what not though.
latininxtc I currently have Windows 7 if that helps.

And although I don't mind free, I have a feeling it won't catch everything out there. I've been reading reviews and BitDefender and Webroot seem to get high praise, but seems like online reviews are less trustworthy.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I used to use AVG but that's quite add heavy now with pop ups and attempts to make you buy the premium version. Have since switched to the free Microsoft one. I've not had a virus in the 10 odd years of having a PC that only I use. I don't use ******* sites and what not though.

Define what-not? ;)

Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I used to use AVG but that's quite add heavy now with pop ups and attempts to make you buy the premium version. Have since switched to the free Microsoft one. I've not had a virus in the 10 odd years of having a PC that only I use. I don't use ******* sites and what not though.

Define what-not? ;)

I daren't talk about such unsavoury things on a public forum.
Elipton In my experience, Malwarebytes has always been the best at killing off bad 'ware. I find that Avira updates daily and runs silent, so you get live updates on whether something invades your Pc. Both work absolutely great free. If you were to buy one, Malwarebytes every time. I find that running both of them free works well
wong i use avast
Triquatra I used to swear by Kaspersky, but something happened in 2011 (I think it was then) they changed something in the program and ever since then it's been a total CPU killaaaaaaaa. Very disappointed because they used to be fantastic.

right now I've got Webroot Internet Secruity, the guys who used to do Spysweeper. "lightest" antivirus/firewall/anti-malware I've ever used. Love it.

they need to change their system though....at the moment you can uninstall it at the end of your 3 months trial.........and reinstall *bam* another three months :P
oxis i use avast and it is ok, not great though. still an improvement from mcafee, that thing is like if hitler was a software
arpz Microsoft security essentials should be just fine, you can install it from www.ninite.com which is a great site which I recommend to everyone - You tick the boxes of which programs you want, download an installer and it'll go off and get the latest versions and install all of them with the correct settings - i.e, the settings that don't change your home page and install a bunch of additional crap.
Dys7 Avast and Malwarebytes.
Guest avg if you have a super computer, maybe just a 8 core AMD and a SSD, if not avira is the second best https://www.avira.com/ - and its on your phone as well on google play anyway

avast is bollox, its like malware itself, and proper crap to uninstall

AVG is always crunching you drive away 24/7, western digitals will only last a month or 2 if they are not SSD
Dys7 Not sure what version you're using, but mine is not like that at all.
Guest i use avira
DjZelous I use Avast
Guest its easier to reinstall windows or get a old drive image out then uninstalling avast, and then it does`nt pick up compressed headers on some common trojan servers
latininxtc alright cool so I guess I'll go the free route. So which ones are good to get for a windows 7 i3 computer with 4gb of ram? And which ones can I have simultaneously since most anti-virus software doesn't let you have more than one on your computer.
Guest avg or avira for free, avira uses alot less resources, and you can buy the pro version for ?13 if this easter other is still happening https://www.avira.com/en/easter-offer?x-c-channel=SEM&x-a-source=Media&x-a-medium=SEMx-a-item=Search
wong avast alongside malwarebytes will do you nicely.
whispering I use F-Secure, it's a finnish program thats used by most people and corporations here.
latininxtc So I just downloaded Avira and it's installed. For some reason I keep seeing "Your computer is not secure!" because it needs to be updated, but I have updated it like 5 times already and nothing changes. Is this normal, or is there something wrong?
Dys7 Use Avast.
latininxtc Nevermind problem fixed itself!

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page