Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 French Style Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
junglist_angel No one really mentions french style hardcore much.
I think it's good. Bit dark from time to time, but it's still good.
If you don't know what I am talking about, look up: Hellfish & Producer
Not quite as minimalistic as gabber, and not happy, but it's hardcore.
What you think?

rezzna Producer's french????

Producer kicks ass, proper thumpin dark hardcore, makes a change from Hixxy anyway

Brian K i'm pretty sure hellfish and the producer and from the uk...

most french hardcore i've heard is ear shattering goodness, fast and furious.
for classic stuff see if you can get you're hands on some fischkopf stuff...

"we'll delete the weak"
Simon I'm pretty dead certain "Producer" is from the UK and plays a rather hard Gabba sound :-)
junglist_angel ow, I wasn't saying they were french, just that it's french style Hardcore. That's the kind of music they play there. But if I gave a french artist, no one would know him simply because the french are very very underground with their scene and it's very difficult to come across CD's or tapes in stores. Usually you have to go to a technival to get em.
Technivals are massive outdoor free parties held in the middle of the mountains. They do this because laws and regulations don't really permit them to have many parties in venues for decent prices.

Simon I fthats the style you like you should also check out "Clarkee" his style is very similar to the "Producer" :-)
DJ Affliction What does French hardcore sound like then

Av heard English/Dutch etc

Wot'z France's take on hardcore like then????

Hardcore u know the score!!!!

DJ Affliction
junglist_angel
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Affliction:
What does French hardcore sound like then

DJ Affliction

Well the french hardcore sounds a lot like producer. They also listen to a lot of speed core and tribe. I've actually never heard tribe music elsewhere than in the South of France. It's difficult to explain what it is exactly... But things are way differnt in France. People get completly ****ed and dance in a strange manner in frount of walls of speakers. The bigger the speaker wall, the better. and this does sometimes get ridiculous... No one can even see the DJ. All they care about is the "sound." Usually, DJ's are part of crews and it's the crew that is known, not the DJ. It's strange really, it's completly different from what we know.

tommo Theres a "Producer" from England who plays slow,fast techno/hard trance type stuff.
He's played at Dizstruxshon before now.
I'm 100% percent certain on that one cuz I've got the tape.
As for Hellfish I thought he was from England but I cant say for sure though.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by junglist_angel:
People get completly ****ed and dance in a strange manner in frount of walls of speakers. The bigger the speaker wall, the better

these are usually refered to as "speaker humpers." most of the time the spots will get taken by e-tards just sitting in front of them...

"we'll delete the weak"
Raver_Davie Is the 'BIT Music' label French or Spanish? I can never remember.

Dave!
junglist_angel
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
People get completly ****ed and dance in a strange manner in frount of walls of speakers. The bigger the speaker wall, the better

these are usually refered to as "speaker humpers." most of the time the spots will get taken by e-tards just sitting in front of them...

"we'll delete the weak"

Yeah, but in the case of the French, they are all "speaker humpers" coz the wall of speakers will generally be big enough. The speaker is the god, and the Dj is nuthin' to them.

DJ Affliction
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Affliction:
What does French hardcore sound like then

DJ Affliction

Well the french hardcore sounds a lot like producer. They also listen to a lot of speed core and tribe. I've actually never heard tribe music elsewhere than in the South of France. It's difficult to explain what it is exactly... But things are way differnt in France. People get completly ****ed and dance in a strange manner in frount of walls of speakers. The bigger the speaker wall, the better. and this does sometimes get ridiculous... No one can even see the DJ. All they care about is the "sound." Usually, DJ's are part of crews and it's the crew that is known, not the DJ. It's strange really, it's completly different from what we know.

Well atleast i know now

That soundz pretty cool actually (i personally love hard thumpin music so a think ad probably like there way of doin thingz)

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
Is the 'BIT Music' label French or Spanish? I can never remember.

that label is so horrible it has to be spanish =P

"we'll delete the weak"
Raver_Davie
quote:

Hehe it is pretty pants!

Dave!
junglist_angel
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
Is the 'BIT Music' label French or Spanish? I can never remember.

"we'll delete the weak"

hahahaha... lol, yeah the Spanish are pretty awful when it comes to hardcore

Stevie c If it's anything like the producer then i am up for it. I have a couple of Clarkee tapes at home, the man who got me into 'Proper' Techno,
So I assume that Tanith and the Music maker are of the same type then?
Music maker's Carma Burana is simply excellent. Love to hear some more classical stuff in Hardcore like 'March of the Capults' from Romeo and Juliet and that tune from 'Platoon'
Still glad to know the french have hardcore, I thought the rap and R&B stuff was their only alternative (that's all i get on MCM!) would like to hear some

Your into the sound of Rebellion
Broken If anyone's interested in the Hellfish & Producer type of hardcore, I'm wit ya 100%! I would recommend:

Labels:
Social Parasite,
Rebelscum, (Producer's label)
Psychik Genocide, (French label)
some Planet Mu stuff,
Epiteth, (not sure if I spelled this right)
and, of course, Deathchant

Producers:
Radium, (he also does hard trance but his hardcore productions are way better)
Traffik,
Tieum,
Epsilon

I love the style of hardcore these guys throw down. If anyone knows of any other producers/labels, let me know!

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page