Total online 1867
 Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Does Hardcore or House/ Trance ect make you sad?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Smoogie Its sad hearing old favourites and it reminds me of the good things that have long since passed, the good times. I am nearly 28 and feel like there where times I could have done things better

Some tunes bring that out of you, making me think I would do anything to go back to the past and change things, so many feelings come out in just one tune sometimes

Anyone else feel like this?

choonland I am almost 28 too, and tbh, I am counting down the years for my retirement, only 35 more years to go... To me the past is gone, and it has made me who I am, for better or worse

About your question, I dont feel sadness, but some sort of nostalgia, I get this deja-vu of the emotions I felt back then, and I enjoy it until it fades.
scottyd2k9 Some tunes do that, But some make me think about my life and motivate me to change and to do better.

Like chooland said, when I hear a really bouncy track or a sad or uplifting track. It brings up emotions that I used to feel when things were great...
Smoogie Good replies so far, nothing beats an old favourite but it is a shame that it has become an 'old favourite'
choonland one thing that frightens me is when a song loses the magic, when I know I really liked this song, but somehow it doesnt have the same effect on me anymore... thats when I would like to back so I could experience that magic again.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by choonland:
one thing that frightens me is when a song loses the magic, when I know I really liked this song, but somehow it doesnt have the same effect on me anymore... thats when I would like to back so I could experience that magic again.

There are some tunes that I have listened to so much, if I hear it in a mix, I could be thinking about something and not realise that it is playing as I know it from start to finish lol

That is not unusual but sometimes, the magic comes back.

A couple of years ago, I was walking home drunk listening to some old favourites and no word of a lie, I was MCing walking home, the drink and long break between such tunes brought them back but I have to be in that mood to feel them again

I make my own tunes now so I can make my own memories with the style of Hardcore that I like
Hard2Get Makes me happy, not sad!
The drunken scotsman Was having a similar discussion with a mate recently. Nostalgia is a strange feeling- makes you feel so happy but so sad at the same time. Happy with all the memories that certain tunes provoke, but really sad that your life will never be like that again.

Even if the music suddenly gets great again it's doubtful that I'd enjoy it as much as I did back then.
Captain Triceps This might sound very strange. My favourite sweets are cherry lips and floral gums (yes, the ones that taste like perfume before anyone says it). I buy them buy the pound to this day.
Anyway, the smell and taste nearly always remind of a day in my teens that I bought Dreamscape 27 & 28 from Andy's Records, along with a bunch of these sweets. A nice, bright summer day. Lying on my bed listening to Vinylgroover and Hixxy, and eating those sweets. I still have the tapes now.
I'm now 32, with a missus and two beautiful girls, and I know those days are long gone.
I listen to happy hardcore most days and find it a little sad thinking that one day this fantastic music will probably be long forgotten.

(End violins now)
Hard2Get Ahhh Andy's records. What a great shop that was! Plenty of Hardcore in there in the one that used to be local to me including the F&S album (Simply Electric) which i never bought.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Ahhh Andy's records. What a great shop that was! Plenty of Hardcore in there in the one that used to be local to me including the F&S album (Simply Electric) which i never bought.

Yeah and all the new tape packs as well. Arguably a better dance section then HMV at the time (if you were into rave music anyway). Even though it was called the "soul & dance" section.
I was very unhappy when it closed.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Was having a similar discussion with a mate recently. Nostalgia is a strange feeling- makes you feel so happy but so sad at the same time. Happy with all the memories that certain tunes provoke, but really sad that your life will never be like that again.

Even if the music suddenly gets great again it's doubtful that I'd enjoy it as much as I did back then.

I find that from time to time I would discover a set of tunes I haven't heard before, in a mix I downloaded or, these days, on Youtube. I will be digging a few tunes and after a while I might hear one of those tunes else where but it is not as good as the place where I first heard it
Excalibur

Sometimes when I listen to this song I get, albeit only a little, sad because the nostalgia makes me feel like things were easier back then with less problems to worry about. Although that's probably because I was just a kid and this song kind of encapsulates the feeling of my childhood and was one of the first hardcore tunes I ever heard.
MC Deecee Slight tangent to go off on here, but what is it with all this new pop dance chart stuff, did modern producers collectively listen to show me love by robin s and go "ahh ok let's produce stuff that sounds exactly like this!" Such a 90s sound.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Slight tangent to go off on here, but what is it with all this new pop dance chart stuff, did modern producers collectively listen to show me love by robin s and go "ahh ok let's produce stuff that sounds exactly like this!" Such a 90s sound.

Some good 90s revival stuff going around
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Ahhh Andy's records. What a great shop that was! Plenty of Hardcore in there in the one that used to be local to me including the F&S album (Simply Electric) which i never bought.

Yeah and all the new tape packs as well. Arguably a better dance section then HMV at the time (if you were into rave music anyway). Even though it was called the "soul & dance" section.
I was very unhappy when it closed.

I was surprised when it closed. It was so sudden.
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Excalibur:

Sometimes when I listen to this song I get, albeit only a little, sad because the nostalgia makes me feel like things were easier back then with less problems to worry about. Although that's probably because I was just a kid and this song kind of encapsulates the feeling of my childhood and was one of the first hardcore tunes I ever heard.

I didn't know this song, thanks for posting it, its awesome!
DUnsilence Hardcore doesn't really make me sad, i guess it depends on the track a little bit. Other thing is if the track bangs, I can forget I was ever sad

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page