Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 First track I posted here! Thoughts?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Tekraider Registered here a few days ago. Looked around, seems like a nice community!
I've made chiptune HHC and other 8bit dance stuff before now, but here's the first non-chiptune thing I've ever released.
What do you think?
Comrade_ Nice track!
Child Prodigy I like it :)
DJ_FunDaBounce Did you play the guitar on it or is it a sample?

Sounds good, btw. :)
Tekraider
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Did you play the guitar on it or is it a sample?

Sounds good, btw. :)

Glad you like it :) ! I played the guitar on this one
ViolonC The chip tune sound design is still all over it. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

For some feedback: the track is mission low end. I'd assume that your kick and bass simply don't have any, as some effect samples do. If you are producing with some shitty headphones this would be no surprise.
Try getting a different kick with some good low end or layer another over your current (only if you actually have a somewhat good PA system and you can hear what you are doing).
For the bass you can just add a SubBass that is basically a single sine wave one or two octaves lower that follows the base line. You can mix it in separately to the base to get the desired "bassiness" and work well with the low end of your kick. Try to avoid having SubBass and kick at exactly the same time though.
DUnsilence Link has disappeared on my end. Could you provide a new link?
Samination it works. Have you blocked Flash?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
it works. Have you blocked Flash?

Doesn't work for me either, as usual. Flash is not blocked. Most of the stuff people link to is invisible to me.
DJ SMALOUM nice ambiance
Tekraider
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
The chip tune sound design is still all over it. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

For some feedback: the track is mission low end. I'd assume that your kick and bass simply don't have any, as some effect samples do. If you are producing with some shitty headphones this would be no surprise.
Try getting a different kick with some good low end or layer another over your current (only if you actually have a somewhat good PA system and you can hear what you are doing).
For the bass you can just add a SubBass that is basically a single sine wave one or two octaves lower that follows the base line. You can mix it in separately to the base to get the desired "bassiness" and work well with the low end of your kick. Try to avoid having SubBass and kick at exactly the same time though.

Thanks for the feedback! I do have monitors, yeah I agree this could you some sub bass layered with the one i already have. I think I cut some of the bass out of kick, but otherwise it's just a vengeance sample. I'll have to check though.

For people having trouble with the player, just try playing it on Soundcloud itself. I can confirm the link does work : https://soundcloud.com/tekraider/power-2-ya-suds-i-made-a-new-account-for-non-chiptune-mix
DUnsilence Duuuuude this is really uplifting and cool, and the addition of a guitar is a nice touch!
eddiewould I like it, but if I had to make a criticism I'd say the drum track needs more variation (and depth in general).

It's all too easy to copy ' n ' paste a 8 bar loop but really makes a difference when the percussion progresses.

When I was producing I hated sequencing drums - since I was lazy, they ended up suffering.
Samination Other than the 8 (16? :P) bits sound it takes alot of queues from japanese tracks
Tekraider
quote:
Other than the 8 (16? :P) bits sound it takes alot of queues from japanese tracks

Definitely. All of my favorite hardcore is from Japanese artists. Mostly Hardcore Tano*C
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Tekraider:
quote:
Other than the 8 (16? :P) bits sound it takes alot of queues from japanese tracks

Definitely. All of my favorite hardcore is from Japanese artists. Mostly Hardcore Tano*C

nice dude keeps it up :D
hardcore tano is da fire; did you catch any of the lucky lotus online sets a few days ago?
heard some sweet stuff and only caught a few sets; i have a link to all of them i think if it would be ok to post.. i was gunna make a topic. peeps here need da j core!
Tekraider
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

hardcore tano is da fire; did you catch any of the lucky lotus online sets a few days ago?
heard some sweet stuff and only caught a few sets; i have a link to all of them i think if it would be ok to post.. i was gunna make a topic. peeps here need da j core!

I hadn't, but I'm about to check them out now if I can find them. Jcore is my jam! Who's your favorite Jcore artist currently?
choonland very nice, I ike it
trippnface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

I hadn't, but I'm about to check them out now if I can find them. Jcore is my jam! Who's your favorite Jcore artist currently?

just saw this;
heres a link to hella sets that went down
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13762

man that is a hard question; for awhile it was genki & noriken
but i feel like now p*light or Lapix are really killin it
3R2 is always on top too :p
Mortis P*light is awesome. He makes some really good music. I'm liking the sounds of t+pazolite, DJ You, Asterisk and Aran (Chopper is amazing) at the moment too.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
P*light is awesome. He makes some really good music. I'm liking the sounds of t+pazolite, DJ You, Asterisk and Aran (Chopper is amazing) at the moment too.

totally agreed on all those!
talent all over ; lovin it.
Samination DJ Technetium used to be my fav but i havent seen him make anything for years.

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page