Total online 1622
 Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Out Now! Transcend - 'Synaesthesia' (Double CD)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Stamina Records ***OUT NOW AT STAMINA RECORDS****

Transcend - 'Synaesthesia'

2 CDs | 22 Unmixed #freeform #hardcore tracks | http://bit.ly/STMCD002

Transcend (Pronunciation: / tranˈsɛnd): ?To go further, rise above, or be more important or better than something, especially a limit?.

?Synaesthesia? dawns. Your senses are entangled, heightened and alive, pleasantly confused. The Yin Yang realigns, but familiarity is abandoned and the results unexpected. This is a new chapter, an original concept, a singular vision. Exceeding all limits, 22 DJ-friendly tracks guide, enhance and awaken auditory perceptions. Based in mythology but crafted through technology, this is a future freeform soundtrack, beautifully embracing the distinctions enhanced beats-per-minute, melodic, intelligent, underground music requires. Born from Transcend, raised by Stamina Records, relinquish your sensations?

?Synaesthesia? dawns.

Limited edition CDs on sale now: http://bit.ly/STMCD002
lone_raver Got this last week and it's superb!! Easily the best album out this year so far. Keep up the good work!!! Freeform is on fire just now and looking forward to the rebuild/stamina cd when that comes out.
_Jay_

Ordered!

Samination Man that was one of the quickest deliviers i have. The airmail must have been working like a charm this weekend
Quicksilver Mine took a week to get here, not impressed at all by the delivery!

Will have a listen later. :)

EDIT:

Listening to CD1. First impressions:

Started off a bit mediocre. The first three tracks had me going "Don't tell me I just wasted my money... Transcend can do much better, what happened to the guy that made Mindglow and Domination?"... But the album definitely picked up from Perceptions and forward, a sigh of relief.

CD1

01. What You Are - 3/5
02. Let My Wrath - 2/5
03. The Ephimeral - 3/5
04. Perceptions - 4/5
05. Oblivion - 4/5
06. Never Be The Same - 4/5 (maybe 5?)
07. Interlude 1: The Ritual - 5/5 (love this, actually reminds me of Donkey Kong Country music, too bad it's only a short interlude!!! Wouldn't this be a better opener for the album though?)
08. Magnificent Light - 4/5
09. Nevermore - 4/5 (maybe 5?)
10. Communion - 4/5
11. Ortum Machinis - 3/5

CD2 review coming later. :)
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Mine took a week to get here, not impressed at all by the delivery!

Will have a listen later. :)

EDIT:

Listening to CD1. First impressions:

Started off a bit mediocre. The first three tracks had me going "Don't tell me I just wasted my money... Transcend can do much better, what happened to the guy that made Mindglow and Domination?"... But the album definitely picked up from Perceptions and forward, a sigh of relief.

CD1

01. What You Are - 3/5
02. Let My Wrath - 2/5
03. The Ephimeral - 3/5
04. Perceptions - 4/5
05. Oblivion - 4/5
06. Never Be The Same - 4/5 (maybe 5?)
07. Interlude 1: The Ritual - 5/5 (love this, actually reminds me of Donkey Kong Country music, too bad it's only a short interlude!!! Wouldn't this be a better opener for the album though?)
08. Magnificent Light - 4/5
09. Nevermore - 4/5 (maybe 5?)
10. Communion - 4/5
11. Ortum Machinis - 3/5

CD2 review coming later. :)

Perceptions, Communion, Oblivion and Never be the same were real stand out tracks from CD 1

The breakdown on Perceptions, that vocal echoing "our emotions" then building into an awesome riff, loved it

Communion is a track that you can just get lost in, am playing out this weekend and will most definitely be playing both of them.

Quicksilver Where are all the reviews and comments? Didn't anyone but us swedes and Cyrax buy it!? :P

CD2

Much better start than CD1 but the middle part is not so good... Picks up a bit again toward the end there.

01. Kanzunetta - 4/5
02. Eternity - 4/5
03. Redemption - 3/5
04. Eastern Pulse - 4/5 (love the DnB parts)
05. It Was Freedom - 3/5
06. Sleepwalker - 3/5
07. Interlude 2: Speedtest - 1/5... meh... whoop it goes faster and faster but has barely anything going on in terms of musical quality. :P
08. Eons - 3/5
09. What If - 4/5
10. Dread - 4/5 (nice, a little bit darker tune! Not sure if the bouncy beat fits more than a standard freeform beat for this, awesome nonetheless)
11. No Escape - 4/5 (sounds a lot like Kevin Energy, Nightforce, K-Komplex)
Torpex Need to order this ASAP... So many distractions, argh!
_Jay_

Finally had a chance to listen from start to finish. What an album. It's almost too good and too professional for Hardcore really lol.

Standouts: Magnificent Light, Eastern Pulse, Communion, Perceptions, Eternity.

The average quality of track on this album is insane.

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:It's almost too good and too professional for Hardcore really lol.

Don't say it like that. Just look at what happened to Orbit1 and Rhythmics when people started praising them too much :P
Impulse_Response Thanks for the fast shipping! I'm looking forward to hearing all of these.

CDJay Now in stock on the HU store, whilst the Stamina site undergoes server shifting shenanigans.

CDJay

It took 0.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page