Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Can we euthanise MC storm yet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dannothemanno89 At a rave tonight and the walking ego is on now, seriously, the washed up old crackhead looking c--t can barely even keep time anymore, still living off his 2000-2005 reputation if you ask me, when he were actually half decent, he's done these days, him still playing is getting embarrassing now tbh, can we send him to dignitas or something??
latininxtc Yes.
Comrade_ Personally I feel this way with most MC's.
dannothemanno89 Better add the second biggest ego Keyes to that as well, I don't have a clue about MCing, but my 6 year old daughter could flow better and be more complex than him, glad GTYM is falling into the shit house, enemy has gone it alone, it's only a matter of time before any other artists with their heads screwed on follow. just saying.
Mickey Init I used to quite admire the MCing on the Skelter tapes but I understand why MCs aren't much appreciated these days.

To be fair, though, they work much better on studio mixes. A bit more clinical, I'd say.
djDMS There are a lot of 'up and coming' or less recognised MC's who are working much harder then the ones who think they only have to turn up and automatically be granted legendary status.

Their time will come
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
I used to quite admire the MCing on the Skelter tapes but I understand why MCs aren't much appreciated these days.

To be fair, though, they work much better on studio mixes. A bit more clinical, I'd say.

The current style of MCing does work much better on a studio mix, as opposed to the 90s style 'hyping the crowd up', simple rhymes etc MCing. I personally find MCs on studio mixes massively off putting though and rarely listen to them.
90's style MCs for me every time.
Claxton I'm really looking forward to seeing Storm at Summer Gathering this weekend. I hope he is on another set other than just Klubfiller's. I haven't seen Storm in AGES, and even though he has obviously lost his timing, he always brings fantastic energy and hypes the crowd like no other. He also clearly eat, breathes and sleeps Hardcore. I reckon he will be buzzing to be back working for HTID!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I'm really looking forward to seeing Storm at Summer Gathering this weekend. I hope he is on another set other than just Klubfiller's. I haven't seen Storm in AGES, and even though he has obviously lost his timing, he always brings fantastic energy and hypes the crowd like no other. He also clearly eat, breathes and sleeps Hardcore. I reckon he will be buzzing to be back working for HTID!

Claxton Yes! My opinion differs to yours...

warped_candykid One thing I've been glad about being a part of the Atlanta scene is that MCs were rarely ever booked. I can't stand MCs. I can understand maybe between sets, or at the very beginning of a set to get the crowd going, but once the vocals in the track kick in...I want to hear them! Those True Hardcore albums would have been so much better had they not had been flooded with pointless MCing. I also can't see why artists pull MCs into their produced tracks.
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I also can't see why artists pull MCs into their produced tracks.

To be honest i dont mind mc's being actualy on tracks as aposed to mcing over the top in a set. Atleast when there on the track the vocals are perfectly processed to fit in so everything is clear and works.
Craigavon raver Used to love mc's and storm in particular, but don't really listen to music as much as I used to, and I very rarely listen to live sets now, cause most of mine are on tape! and I don't have a tape deck anymore but I was listening to a breeze & styles set earlier on and the mc did get on my nerves a bit at times
Hard2Get At raves I'm not bothered about MC's. On live recordings now i only like specific ones. But on studio mixes i think it is completely pointless and doesn't sound right.
DjZelous I think the only mc most people live has to be whizzkid, i also like mc harlequin but he seems to be inactive these days
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
At raves I'm not bothered about MC's. On live recordings now i only like specific ones. But on studio mixes i think it is completely pointless and doesn't sound right.

I barely notice them at raves, actually. That said, I've started to appreciate Obie the more I see him. Great MC.

Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
At raves I'm not bothered about MC's. On live recordings now i only like specific ones. But on studio mixes i think it is completely pointless and doesn't sound right.

I barely notice them at raves, actually. That said, I've started to appreciate Obie the more I see him. Great MC.

Obie is superb! Respects the music and shuts up exactly when he should!
Cyrax the whole "we don't like Storm" thing is well boring now *yawns*
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Nor me. You can't really hear them over the music.
Elliott What the scene needs is better MCs or no MCs. I can't think of a single hardcore MC who could even get on the lineup at a respectable dnb event. I'm clearly not averse to MCing as a concept because I listen to Shotta's mixtapes for fun but he's got flow that no-one in the hardcore scene could ever hope to touch. Does anyone in hardcore even spit double time?

The state of MCing in hardcore makes our scene look even more tragic than it is. I listen to live sets with MCs and I just cringe. Nobody sober and over the age of 5 is going to be impressed by that shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
the whole "we don't like Storm" thing is well boring now *yawns*

Be that as it may, we still don't like Storm.
MC Deecee There are probably more examples of double timing in hardcore that I can't think of off the top of my head right now but for me MC Enemy is brilliant at it, quality MC, Korkie is pretty bloody good as well.
fafaforza I used to dislike MCs when I first got into HHC, but I understand that they play a function. You can still enjoy the track because, come on, you've heard the track eight thousand times. You can set an MC's voice aside and hear the track/vocals.

As far as Storm, he does bring crazy amounts of energy and without him the scene would look much less exciting. I don't know what he does behind the scenes to rub people the wrong way. The only possible negative I've heard was the whole Sy thing, but the bottom line is that he pumps the crowd up like no one else and he always makes time to talk to everyone, shake their hands and pose for pics after a show.

And as far as MC's growing big heads, well, go achieve any sort of status anywhere, be it in MC'ing or at your job, and see if you don't become a bit cocky. That's a fact of life. It's human psychology. No one who controls the adulation of a few hundred people at a time will stay completely humble, no matter what they'd try to convince of.
DJ A.K. MC Ribbs is still the best MC ...and he barely says anything, just sounds cool when he says something and dosent waffle shit at 100 miles an hour. sometimes less is more

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page