Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 The SJC Top 200 D'n'B Tunes of All-Time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
virus "Our panel of in-house experts began with a list of over 700 tunes and after countless discussions and arguments, we've arrived at the definitive SJC list of what we feel are the 200 greatest drum 'n bass tunes in the history of the genre, from 1990 to the present. Obviously, this list represents the opinions of SJC and no one else."

http://www.strictlyjungle.com/cgi-bin/sjc.cgi?feat-top200

interesting list

Simon Just had a quick glance the top 10 look a bit iffy to say the least....and PFM - The Western at number one!!!!!! Not in my list that's for sure....anyhow I'm sure thay have some super-human way of creating these lists (ask 20 people) or whatever .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
virus yea, im not too big on that tune either.. but its well produced and all..

terminator definatly deserves its top 5 ranking

DJ Pathfinder some cool tunes but my list would be also very different .

You can't see me,because i am the future.
junglist_angel It's amazing how people's tasts vary depending on location. The list would definatly be very different for here. Probably similar to a list in the Netherlands
We play the harder styles... always have in every kind of music.
How's bout Panacea? or some ruff tech? even Cause for Concern? none of that on your list. How come?

pacman hmmm....... where's the bad company tracks? it's interesting they only narrowed it down to 200 from 700.... 200 leaves alot of room for saying "oh yeah that's okay chuck that in there" and is extremely hard to sort out....

anything like this is so subjective though, like all those "too 100 djs" polls. not a good guide, but interesting to see nevertheless.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
Broken I'm not an expert on D n B or anything, but I'd have to say that Taktix-It's The Way should have been at least in the top ten. That's one of my all time favorites in ANY genre. Also, I did not see a single Tech Itch track in that whole list!?!?!

Broken Isn't 'favorite' and 'greatest' kind of the same thing? You wouldn't hear of someone listing a tune they hate as one of the greatest of all time. In any case, greatest or favorite, ....... bahhhhh... nevermind. it don't matter.
:)

pacman ^^^ i can distinguish between favourite songs and greatest songs. some of my favourite songs, while being good songs, aren't necessarily the best songs in their field. i love them, but know of other tracks that i think are better, but i don't like them better. kinda confusing i know but hey hahaha at least i understand myself.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
virus thats exactly what i was talking about

Hard2Get
quote:
i can distinguish between favourite songs and greatest songs. some of my favourite songs, while being good songs, aren't necessarily the best songs in their field. i love them, but know of other tracks that i think are better, but i don't like them better. kinda confusing i know but hey hahaha at least i understand myself.

Not confusing at all, i understand it perfectly :)
I couldn't have said it better myself :P

mr bishi Good list nice 2 see Slipmatt - Breaking Free in there rapid tune and Acen - Trip 2 The Moon Part 3 [Kaleidoscopiklimax] he's a feckin god, but where is dj krust - coded language its in me top ten of all genres

Some really classy old skool on it like Dance Conspiracy - Dub War and
Nookie - Sound of Music forgot all about dat tune haven't heard it in a while

Im not a gynecologist, but ill have a good look at it for you!!
djDMS It's always difficult to get people to agree on lists like these. Even a top 200 list won't get everybody's agreement. Plus, because we're spread out all over the world it just makes agreeing even harder. Nice to see a lot of my favourites in there but there's plenty I would have added too.

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small
StrifeII what a load of shite
charley and 4am in the 150's? I THINK NOT!

- Robbie Jay

http://robbiejay.iuma.com
fazza bad companys only entry at 57?????? THEY ARE GODS OF DNB! and wheres mo fire???

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
columbo
quote:
Originally posted by junglist_angel:
It's amazing how people's tasts vary depending on location.
We play the harder styles...

i agree in nz we play ruffer tunes as well the sound is a lot filthier i also beleive most of your list is wak its missing some extremely crutial trax and artists
more bad company , stratus ,concord dawn
and your number one is not all that great a tune
but this sort of list is only usefull really as a rescource (oh i havnt heard of that before i think il give it a listen) and probably isnt worth discussing because no ones ever going to agree on a top 10 let alone a top 200

***when we listen to music after it is finished it goes up into the sky and we can never get it back***
P-Mac I dunno man.. I kind of disagree with a few of those track listings...
I for one.. personally...IMO... after much thought...

DMS & Boneman X - Sweet Vibrations (Production House)

should be closer to the top 5.
thank you and have a good day.

Hey Buddy !!!

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page