Total online 1558
 Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happyhardcore.com production competition?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Captain Triceps Is there any word on this for next year yet? I think it was about this time last year when the last one was being sorted out. Always had fun with these in the past!
Guest what`s the prize

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novation-Impulse-49-USB-MIDI-Controller-keyboard-w-FREE-V-Station-Virtual-Synth-/361435831268?hash=item5427411be4:g:gBAAAOSwv-NWVJID

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-Audio-Axiom-AIR-25-25-Key-Premium-USB-MIDI-Keyboard-and-Pad-Controller-White-/201132593911?hash=item2ed46fd2f7:g:8g8AAOSw9N1VjmtA
Guest failing that, theres the world championships for hardstyle

http://harderstate.com/announces/harderstate-country-hard-battle-2015-t35256.html
Captain Triceps First thoughts were "Oh YES! Two replies, some news last!"

Guest, you better fucking enter this thing now.
Guest i win all masters of hardcore and dominator dj comp`s, then say im unemployed and not allowed to leave the country

production is useless without a decent keyboard, especially for fruity, the event graphs are pathetic and still not parametric, image line deleted my posts on the youtubes video`s for fl 12
Captain Triceps Violin worthy story mate, but you can still play this one for fun.
DjZelous id love to enter one of these! if you guys can organize one it could be fun
Guest meh, samples are for sissies

i only have fl 12 installed, and that has 80% moved to hardware side of things

it still needs parametric event graphs, they are still pure shit to edit after recording live automation and quantized your notes
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
id love to enter one of these! if you guys can organize one it could be fun

Last year someone suggested we come up with some vocals and have someone sing them. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius, and probably very sexy too.
I'd like the same again, and I'd make more of an effort to actually write some lyrics myself this time. I was expecting there'd be a fair few entries in that round but apparently not.

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
id love to enter one of these! if you guys can organize one it could be fun

Last year someone suggested we come up with some vocals and have someone sing them. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius, and probably very sexy too.

Genius? Most definitely.

Sexy? You'll have to ask my swarms of fan girls about that one.

I've still to put some sort of official release together for the last winner. I apologise on being so slack with this, ive been so busy recently!

I'll put together a nice release plan for Dys7's winning track shortly as well as another comp - although I dont think thats been a year since. If it has that's scary!

Captain Triceps
quote:

Genius? Most definitely.

Sexy? You'll have to ask my swarms of fan girls about that one.

I could swear I came up with the suggestion!

quote:

I've still to put some sort of official release together for the last winner. I apologise on being so slack with this, ive been so busy recently!

Get a shift on, you work-shy fop.

Seriously though, I'm sure it was this time last year that initial ideas were coming about. There's no rush or anything, just wondered, that's all. Had a lot of fun doing it, even if I was cruelly thwarted in an epic miscarriage of justice.
Captain Triceps .
Ken Masters You know you're probably right man, ideas took a while to piece together so it may well be a year after all. Turned out to be a great comp, lots of activity :)

I really want to create some kind of team/collab based comp this time round. You're right though, the lyric stage was pretty quiet even though it came good in the end. I think there were 4 lyric entries.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
You know you're probably right man, ideas took a while to piece together so it may well be a year after all. Turned out to be a great comp, lots of activity :)

I really want to create some kind of team/collab based comp this time round. You're right though, the lyric stage was pretty quiet even though it came good in the end. I think there were 4 lyric entries.

I'll absolutely enter lyrics this time.
AllisonM a year already ? that was quick lol xx
quote:
quote:
You know you're probably right man, ideas took a while to piece together so it may well be a year after all. Turned out to be a great comp, lots of activity :)

it will sound like one of those gay samsung tv advert covers

go for 4 in the morning

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
quote:

go for 4 in the morning

For the love of Christ, will you please say something relevant?! I will personally pay you ?20 if you enter this competition without banging on about total bollocks!
Triquatra Could meet Guest halfway, ban all lyrics with references to love, angels, flying, rainbows, varying degrees of height, drugs or just tenuous rhyming lyrics in general ;)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
quote:

go for 4 in the morning

For the love of Christ, will you please say something relevant?! I will personally pay you ?20 if you enter this competition without banging on about total bollocks!

it will get its own sticky topic anyway in the production forum, lurkers know what to get for christmas

m-audio air`s are ?85 -> ?99 nowadays. if you have to put up with automation clips which are bollox, you will end up with shit like this

keyboards set the velocity aswell when you record what you are playing, and alot easier to do the long background leads, if you have mapped cutoff and reso and attack
Captain Triceps No, good point actually.
Ken Masters
quote:
No, good point actually.

Heehee

he sure told you.

Heehee
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
No, good point actually.

Heehee

he sure told you.

Heehee

Yes, he did!
Bump!
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Could meet Guest halfway, ban all lyrics with references to love, angels, flying, rainbows, varying degrees of height, drugs or just tenuous rhyming lyrics in general ;)

So no vocals then?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Could meet Guest halfway, ban all lyrics with references to love, angels, flying, rainbows, varying degrees of height, drugs or just tenuous rhyming lyrics in general ;)

So no vocals then?

No sissy hardstyle or frenchcore for middleclass pussies at UK hardcore events either, presumably.
Ken Masters I'm sorry to say this but there's just no way I could commit to running it in the immediate future. Ive got so much going on at the minute its not even funny!

I have to prioritize as I took too much on last year & some things suffered as a result. If anyone else fancies taking the reigns & running something then go for it. I'll do my best to support it :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
I'm sorry to say this but there's just no way I could commit to running it in the immediate future. Ive got so much going on at the minute its not even funny!

I have to prioritize as I took too much on last year & some things suffered as a result. If anyone else fancies taking the reigns & running something then go for it. I'll do my best to support it :)

Well, give us a quick run down of what is actually involved, if you're too busy you're too busy but someone might be able to do this if we know what needs to be done.
I take it it's not as simple as "submit your entries in two months and we'll pick a winner."
I'm a busy man but I'm up for helping out in some way. I enjoy these things, it gives me some inspiration to actually DO some producing, something to work with, and I learn a lot from them and I'm sure others feel the same, that's why I am always keen on these!

Come on guys (and girls of course). Any volunteers provisionally up for doing some vocals? Allison again? Someone else? I can't sing.
Elipton Vocals aren't necessarily necessary. Not wanting to be disrespectful but the vocals didn't impress me last time and actually discouraged me from entering. After all, the winning entry had them pitched up and processed in the end.

We had one comp start off with a midi-pack, the second comp with vocals. Perhaps a 3rd competition can start with stems or something different? Maybe we should set a theme, state some requirements and leave the door open for tracks. For instance, make the theme space/alien themed and the requirement is to make a track under [or around] 4.30 and to make it unique to this competition provide some voice samples or custom samples whereby at least 2 need to be used to make it legible (if the samples are stealthed then they can be cited upon entry).

Something like that?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Vocals aren't necessarily necessary. Not wanting to be disrespectful but the vocals didn't impress me last time and actually discouraged me from entering. After all, the winning entry had them pitched up and processed in the end.

We had one comp start off with a midi-pack, the second comp with vocals. Perhaps a 3rd competition can start with stems or something different? Maybe we should set a theme, state some requirements and leave the door open for tracks. For instance, make the theme space/alien themed and the requirement is to make a track under [or around] 4.30 and to make it unique to this competition provide some voice samples or custom samples whereby at least 2 need to be used to make it legible (if the samples are stealthed then they can be cited upon entry).

Something like that?

God I hate working with stems, always hate downloading a remix pack and it's a gig or so of stems. I know it wouldn't be the case this time, of course, but still.
I do like the other ideas though, and I guess not everyone likes vocal tracks to begin with anyway. Maybe everyone who want to enter chucks in a sample (not something crap like a kickdrum, but a vocal snippet or some cosmic sound effect or an unusual breakbeat), then that goes into a zip file and we need to use at least 3 of them.
Just an idea, if anyone else has an idea chuck it in the pot do so.
Cyrax I have a remix pack if you guys want one :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I have a remix pack if you guys want one :)

Nice one! Is it a track you already have out we can have a listen of?
I don't see myself as being in a position to make decisions or anything on this, but a remix pack from Cyrax, and maybe a couple of ground rules regarding a sample or two that MUST be used, is a good start.
Keep the ideas and suggestions coming in!
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I have a remix pack if you guys want one :)

Nice one! Is it a track you already have out we can have a listen of?
I don't see myself as being in a position to make decisions or anything on this, but a remix pack from Cyrax, and maybe a couple of ground rules regarding a sample or two that MUST be used, is a good start.
Keep the ideas and suggestions coming in!

The pack is pretty thorough as Transcend put it together so it's got pretty much everything you could want in a pack midi, vocals, snares etc........... everything, i'll wetransfer it and pm you the pack when I get home if you want to that is, you might not even wanna remix it

Transcend and Cyrax - Sunset Rainbow

Original
https://soundcloud.com/project-bad-ass/transcend-and-cyrax-sunset-rainbow-under-the-ocean-fc-project-badass

M=Pro did a remix aswell

https://soundcloud.com/project-bad-ass/transcend-and-cyrax-sunset-rainbow-m-project-remix-fc-project-badass-volume-four?in=project-bad-ass/sets/project-badass-volume-four-out

Cyrax You can do whatever you want with the end results, sign them to whoever, free downloads, make money out of them, not fussed.
Captain Triceps Even if this doesn't happen as the HHC.com competition is would be brilliant to have this anyway to play with, very grateful sir!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Vocals aren't necessarily necessary. Not wanting to be disrespectful but the vocals didn't impress me last time and actually discouraged me from entering. After all, the winning entry had them pitched up and processed in the end.

Something like that?

Man! You're full of inspiring ideas recently. Its as if you've taken a break or something, found your mojo again! Put this new found inspiration to good use ;)
Ken Masters Triceps - Its really not as difficult as you'd probably think. What made last years comp so time consuming was creating the vocals in the additional stages. I wouldn't want to run it without raising the game.

If it was a simple remix pack competition then it is like you say, begin the comp & then accept the votes while keeping the comp.thread active & updated. Although if you take the reigns you can't enter, clearly haha

Ive set myself some pretty large goals for the first half of this year & its going to take everything ive got to put it all into action.

If this comp still hasn't taken shape later in the year then I'll step up & sort something out. I love running projects through the site & it brings that much needed community feel when underway.

Someone step up & have a go :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Triceps - Its really not as difficult as you'd probably think. What made last years comp so time consuming was creating the vocals in the additional stages. I wouldn't want to run it without raising the game.

If it was a simple remix pack competition then it is like you say, begin the comp & then accept the votes while keeping the comp.thread active & updated. Although if you take the reigns you can't enter, clearly haha

Ive set myself some pretty large goals for the first half of this year & its going to take everything ive got to put it all into action.

If this comp still hasn't taken shape later in the year then I'll step up & sort something out. I love running projects through the site & it brings that much needed community feel when underway.

Someone step up & have a go :)

I don't actually think it would be difficult, just, like you say, time consuming. I'm a (more then!) full time working father of two so I understand getting the time to keep the ball rolling.
What if we do a small comp now with Cyrax's track, and a proper one later?
Captain Triceps Get someone who is unlikely to enter, like Guest for example, to maintain the thread and the Soundcloud page.
Cyrax I pm'ed you the pack do what you wish :)

It took 1.96 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page