Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ MC Sharkey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Gaz mace-E 1988 Just found this interview of Sharkey this year, apart from the fact he looks absolutly terrible (I thought he quit drugs?) And being a legend, shares his thoughts on the current scene and opinion on modern MC's.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKXTGkqf1U

Thoughts??
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz mace-E 1988:
Just found this interview of Sharkey this year, apart from the fact he looks absolutly terrible (I thought he quit drugs?) And being a legend, shares his thoughts on the current scene and opinion on modern MC's.

Thoughts??

someone posted this video a few months ago (might have been me since I saw it on facebook)

edit: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=74243&SearchTerms=sharkey
Gaz mace-E 1988
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz mace-E 1988:
Just found this interview of Sharkey this year, apart from the fact he looks absolutly terrible (I thought he quit drugs?) And being a legend, shares his thoughts on the current scene and opinion on modern MC's.

Thoughts??

someone posted this video a few months ago (might have been me since I saw it on facebook)

edit: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=74243&SearchTerms=sharkey

Ahh, my apologies, thanks Sam!
Smoogie Is that Lil Bri he is with in the video? Not the guy interviewing him but the other guy you see in the video, I used to know him as he played in Bournemouth a few years back
DjZelous Damn, i hope he's strong enough to drop the drugs
Guest modern MC`s with 64 shit rythmes, they all got 12 each and have a 10 year career
wong
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Damn, i hope he's strong enough to drop the drugs

its only a bit of a dabble at a rave, its not like hes injecting smack every 4 hours
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

its only a bit of a dabble at a rave, its not like hes injecting smack every 4 hours

That we know of...
The drunken scotsman
quote:

Lol yeah, pray for Sharkey
Ravemark Mark EG still goes pretty hard still too. Some of his videos on youtube are crazy.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemark:
Mark EG still goes pretty hard still too. Some of his videos on youtube are crazy.

Remember seeing mark e.g at planet love a few years back and at the end of his set he actually jumped up on top of the decks going mental! standing on top bending over fist pumping towards the ground! was crazy stuff! how the decks or table he was standing on didn't break or fall i'll never know lol
arpz hahahah **** off, he's a ****ing legend and he pretty much justifies the wreckage entirely in that video.
Si Thompson Nice interview. Sharkey spoke a lot of sense. Big respect to the guy!
DJ Judas Despite being a little wide-eyed, he speaks a lot of sense, and pretty much sums up my feelings about the scene in general. Much prefer the host-style to MCing that Sharkey took.

That combined with the direction a lot of the music has taken, while I try to keep on top of releases to a certain extent, more in hope of finding some stuff I like amidst the dross, I'm just out of love with most of the current scene.
Sulphurik Just been listening to some of Sharkey's tracks. The four of them being from the Hard Life album, Death By Stereo, Distant Dreams, The Awakening and Product of Society (Hardcore Society Mix). It's been a long time since hearing these tracks. Have always been a big fan of these tracks especially Death By Stereo and Product of Society (HS Mix) but after hearing them again forgot how good they are. They are produced so well considering these were from 1998.

Would be interested to know what new ravers/ listeners to the scene would think of these tracks.
djDMS I honestly don't think they'd give them the time of day.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I honestly don't think they'd give them the time of day.

Yeah. There is a reason why the current scene listen to what they do. Different tastes.
Samination Have they even tried to drop one or 2 tracks in a liveset?
DJ Sketchy Why you all so concerned about Sharkey's looks? He's a handsome bloke! I'd do him ;) x
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
Why you all so concerned about Sharkey's looks? He's a handsome bloke! I'd do him ;) x

He'll probably let you too!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
Why you all so concerned about Sharkey's looks? He's a handsome bloke! I'd do him ;) x

He'll probably let you too!

LOL! Nah I always have a joke with Sharkey. He said I'm not his type anyway... At HTID @ Air, on the Mic! HAHA

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page