Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown - Crack It

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Gaz mace-E 1988 Really loving the sounds Scott Brown is coming out with of recent times, have a listen to this new track! https://m.soundcloud.com/evolutionrecords/ev-132-scott-brown-crack-it

Now that Piano Riff! Ooooow it oozes pure oldschool and happy vibes going on here, maybe not cheesey, but still, love that he follows his own taste rather than the usual Mainstream stuff. Top work! Thoughts guys?
trippnface hell yea!

im diggin the sounds on that one
nice weird scott brown style lol
warped_candykid Oooooo, love it.
treetherealest
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz mace-E 1988:
Really loving the sounds Scott Brown is coming out with of recent times, have a listen to this new track! https://m.soundcloud.com/evolutionrecords/ev-132-scott-brown-crack-it

Now that Piano Riff! Ooooow it oozes pure oldschool and happy vibes going on here, maybe not cheesey, but still, love that he follows his own taste rather than the usual Mainstream stuff. Top work! Thoughts guys?

this is good stuff!! Good to see somebody is still keeping the wonderful sounds alive.
Decky_G Totally agree. I'll definitely be purchasing this one. :)
carldj90 gud breakdown scott brown god
Barry Euphorik I agree, It's a great track. I've listened to Scotts stuff since the very early 90's and this one is one of his greats IMO.
Quicksilver Am I the only one very underwhelmed by this? I think it sounds totally boring?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Am I the only one very underwhelmed by this? I think it sounds totally boring?

With you on that. One of the few Scott Brown tracks of recent times that I've not bothered to download.
Samination The track kinda reminds me of Come On. It's just there to be a filler :P

I did buy Control Your Body and Waves recently
Captain Triceps It's a nice track and I like the track for what it is, but I agree that's it's more of a "filler", for want of a better word. If this were a vinyl release it would probably be one of those under rated B-sides. Can't see it becoming a classic but I do like it and will likely chuck it in my next mix.
Maybe with a few more listens I'll regard it with more esteem.
oxis scott brown has been doing some really cool stuff

i wish that at some point he stops cutting off the higest frequencies off his songs so much though, it annoys me a bit and it becomes noticeable when they are thrown in a mix with other more well produced songs

edit: listening to his other recent releases i noticed that he seems to be making pre-choruses (or buildups if you prefer) a lot better than he ever did. particularly Waves and 405 (granted it was a collab with JTS and Weaver but still) sound superb
Si Thompson I grabbed this as soon as it came out. Lovely use of the M1 choir patch and piano. Those pads are wicked too!

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page