Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 UK Hardcore called HI NRG HARDCORE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rafferty Listened to Kutski's show the other night and noticed he called Darren Styles set HI NRG HARDCORE and heard someone else call it this too recently.

I rememeber years back fast Eurodance music used to be called HI NRG back in the day.
So was wondering is this the new name for UK Hardcore since so much of it is produced from artists outside of the UK these days?

When I heard Kuski say it I thought it is a pretty suitable name. The music is probably the most energetic and fast genre out there and because it is not always Happy but always energetic, it sounded like a good description for what we listen to.

HI NRG HARDCORE
lurker Sped up hardstyle without the hard kicks has energy?
rafferty At a 170bpm most definitely.
Warnman The name may change from time to time, but at the end it only cares how this music gets remembered by the ones who listen to it: us ravers. Happy Hardcore will always be Happy Hardcore to me!
What I do notice is a continously destruptive development that producers have started to separate their individual styles from anything else simply by giving them stupid nonsense names. To my opinion it just prooves how much these wannabe-celebrities have lost the contact to the bottom of the raver scene, although the amount of their selling is ridicously low compared to any other genre.
Hardcore ist looking for the next Paris Hilton!
this is your dream well, nowadays electro/pop/radiohouse/edm speeded at 170 bpm is called uk hardcore so..
Triquatra You could stick anything in front as a descriptor and it'd be fine

smelly limp hardcore

farty gaseous hardcore

super fast hardcore

vocal hardcore

sad hardcore

low energy hardcore

hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore

of course it's all relative, what some people might think of as hi energy, others might think as quite weak.

moderately medium energy hardcore.

60% of full power hardcore

over 5000 hardcore.

djDMS You sure he didn't just say 'high energy Hardcore'? Which, of course is exactly the same thing but doesn't make anybody sound as much of a twat.

As a description it's great, as a 'name'.....No thanks.
warped_candykid Hi-NRG use to used to describe the 80s Italo Disco sound before it morphed into Eurobeat to please the Japanese audience.

jordesuvi
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
over 9000 hardcore.

ftfy
Impulse_Response
quote:
hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore

I'm partial to this one.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:
over 9000 hardcore.

ftfy

over 8000 hardcore.

ftfy2, fokken cashul. read the manga! :P
ultraskool it's funny how back in the 80s, disco music was termed as 'hi nrg' for that generation. and then later on, Hi-NrG was given to early Hard House music that stemmed off a lot of 'Nick Skitz'-type tunes. Hi NRG then became the pre-cursor to what is now known as Scouse House or "Donk' music. So there you have it folks. A brief history of the a recycled and re-used term "Hi NRG' music.
djDMS The Scouse/Hard house type stuff was called just 'NRG'
Captain Triceps
Triquatra
jordesuvi
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
over 8000 hardcore.

ftfy2, fokken cashul. read the manga! :P

rafferty [quote]Originally posted by djDMS:
You sure he didn't just say 'high energy Hardcore'? Which, of course is exactly the same thing but doesn't make anybody sound as much of a twat.

DMS if you want to call Kutski a twat that's fine. I guess it is hard for people like you to see someone alot more talented and successful than yourself.

No need to be bitter and angry at your own shortfalls and zero selfworth. Which is very obvious that you have.
All I am doing is just repeating a discriptive name that I heard said on the radio.
Now calm down and bang your head against the wall a few times. Might give you some much needed sense.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
[quote]Originally posted by djDMS:
You sure he didn't just say 'high energy Hardcore'? Which, of course is exactly the same thing but doesn't make anybody sound as much of a twat.

DMS if you want to call Kutski a twat that's fine. I guess it is hard for people like you to see someone alot more talented and successful than yourself.

No need to be bitter and angry at your own shortfalls and zero selfworth. Which is very obvious that you have.
All I am doing is just repeating a discriptive name that I heard said on the radio.
Now calm down and bang your head against the wall a few times. Might give you some much needed sense.

You heard it on a radio, did he also explicitly pronounced it HI NRG? Also, you're not one to talk when you look down on japanese hardcore for copying "hardcore".
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

You heard it on a radio, did he also explicitly pronounced it HI NRG? Also, you're not one to talk when you look down on japanese hardcore for copying "hardcore".

I just said the truth that Kutski called Darren Styles set Hi NRG Hardcore or High Energy Hardcore. It was DJDMS who starts talking bollocks calling Kutski a twat and carrying on and making himself look very silly.

With Japanese Hardcore, I do think most of it is very behind compared to what is being done here in the UK and the anime and different language will never be relatable to most ravers these days. You just have to look at how well M Project is doing compared to to the others that make Jcore in his home country.

Maybe it would have worked in the 90s when Blumchen and a lot of other Germans were making similar music. But that was 20 years ago.

Samination real j-core might be going th anime route, but not all japanese hardcore does. There's quite alot of Gabber aswell.

Also, djdms didnt say kutski was a twat, he said, and I based this on if he really pronounced it as "hi nrg", is if someone said it like that, he or she would sound like a twat.

It's like I hate people who say "LOL" out loud
djDMS
quote:

Spent ten minutes writing a well worded (but non-insulting - give it a try) reply only for the tab to crash!

So quick summary -

Didn't call anybody anything, was referring to the constant need to 're-label' everything all the time. I clearly said it was a great description but you went looking for negatives because I didn't totally agree with you. But yes, if somebody insisted on using the term HI NRG, I'm afraid...

Personal insults while calling others out for (even though I didn't) being insulting. Er...

I'm not bitter, Kutski or anybody else couldn't do my job better than me so totally irrelevant point.

Rest of it was just petty and a bit over the top. We don't agree? So what, I don't start trying to deconstruct your life and character over a few forum posts.

Thought you might be up for debate, but no, you had to go down the tired old 'don't agree with me so I'll get arsey' route.

Ah well.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

I'm not bitter, Kutski or anybody else couldn't do my job better than me

Instantly reminded me of:

Sorry...
djDMS
rafferty
quote:
quote:

Spent ten minutes writing a well worded (but non-insulting - give it a try) reply only for the tab to crash!

So quick summary -

Didn't call anybody anything, was referring to the constant need to 're-label' everything all the time. I clearly said it was a great description but you went looking for negatives because I didn't totally agree with you. But yes, if somebody insisted on using the term HI NRG, I'm afraid...

Personal insults while calling others out for (even though I didn't) being insulting. Er...

I'm not bitter, Kutski or anybody else couldn't do my job better than me so totally irrelevant point.

Rest of it was just petty and a bit over the top. We don't agree? So what, I don't start trying to deconstruct your life and character over a few forum posts.

Thought you might be up for debate, but no, you had to go down the tired old 'don't agree with me so I'll get arsey' route.

Ah well.

I was just quoting what I heard said on BBC and then you were there one that started insulting people with names.

Is all clear as day to see what was said by you. I suggest you take your own advice that you gave me.
I have no problem with people disagreeing with what was said.
But why go name calling people twat for having a non insulting description or name to descibe something? That is exactly what YOU did.

I never tried to deconstruct your life. That is just the way you came across with your name calling for no reason.

DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So quick summary -

Ah well.

I was just quoting what I heard said on BBC and then you were there one that started insulting people with names.

Is all clear as day to see what was said by you. I suggest you take your own advice that you gave me.
I have no problem with people disagreeing with what was said.
But why go name calling people twat for having a non insulting description or name to descibe something? That is exactly what YOU did.

I never tried to deconstruct your life. That is just the way you came across with your name calling for no reason.

quote:
I never tried to deconstruct your life.

r u fkn srs m8

quote:
"I guess it is hard for people like you to see someone alot more talented and successful than yourself."

quote:
"No need to be bitter and angry at your own shortfalls and zero selfworth. Which is very obvious that you have."

It doesn't have to be names to be taken personally by someone. :P

I'm also not sure why it affects you so much whether Kutski is offended or not especially when he probably doesn't read these forums. Dean essentially just said "I think this term sounds stupid" (at nobody in particular as he said "anyone") and all of a sudden you're up in arms and defending Kutski's career when nobody's even talking about his skills or success as a DJ. You're acting like a Belieber, just a bit more mature.

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page