Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ripping vinyl?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Decky_G I was thinking of ripping all my vinyl (particularly my oldskool records) as I now use a controller with Serato. Would Audacity be the best program to use?

Has anyone else did this and have they encountered any issues when actually mixing them with regards quality. I've mixed a few rips and the needle has jumped in the rip, knocking the mix out of phase. Not good!
DJ_FunDaBounce Audacity is a good choice, considering it's free.

As for mixing them, I usually have to crank up the gain on my mixer and cut the bass somewhat for the old skool rips.

When ripping I suggest you take the time to listen to the whole track play, so as to ensure no skipping.
Decky_G Yeah sure I'll give that a go. It will be a painstaking operation but If it works outs ok then I'll be happy :)
johnnygomental Ditto to the above, Ive ripped alot pf my oldskool vinyl via turntable through my mixer then into the computer, this enabled me to adjust the gains accordingly as I did it, there are usb turntables to plug straight to your comp but these only allow a straight rip with tweeks having to be done through audacity. Well worth the messing though,in the end 😌
Triquatra Biggest thing to remember is the age old 'crap in crap out'. Make sure you're using new, high quality needles/decks/mixer, having cleaned the vinyl many many times and making sure you're no where near clipping the levels and the EQs are all 0'd out. Save the original uncompressed, *unedited* .wavs and back them up, then work with a copy when you're editing them. That way when it comes to 5 years down the line and you listen back to it thinking "shit I wish I had done this, instead of this" you can just refer back to the original undoctored rip.
CDJay It's far from cheap, but it's a good deal....

http://www.psaudio.com/products/nuwave-phono-converter/

That's a genuinely great phono stage *and* a/d converter in one. Pair that with a decent playback setup (as Triquatra said) and you're laughing!

CDJay
Triquatra oh, and make sure quartz lock is on *glares at youtube*
Samination Vuck that. Use all the "recommended" settings in Magix Cleaning Lab and save as 128kb mp3 :P

Atleast never use the recommended settings for cleaning out crackles or pops in Cleaning LAb 15 or newer, it will really ruin the tracks (especially hardcore)

It took 0.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page