Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Field of Dreams 1995 party - Sydney Australia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
void_dj This might be an italo track played on the wrong speed. Any experts know it?

https://youtu.be/91mBa05XtBk?t=2m50s
Samination Well Hixxy has sampled Jean Michel Jarre before so it could be a legit remix
groinman So are you saying the track samples/takes the melody from a track by Jean Michelle Jarre? If so which JMJ track? It might help locate the track
Samination for some reason I dont know why I mentioned hixxy or JMJ, but if you do check out hixxy stuff from atleast around 1995, quite alot use samples from JMJ songs, so if this is an italo-ish track, it could be JMJ (even though JMJ's not a italo-ish producer)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by void_dj:
This might be an italo track played on the wrong speed. Any experts know it?

https://youtu.be/91mBa05XtBk?t=2m50s

Which tune?
groinman The track at 2:50 where the video (should) start
groinman Got a cleaned up version of the audio (as best I could) here

https://instaud.io/2oy7
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by groinman:
So are you saying the track samples/takes the melody from a track by Jean Michelle Jarre? If so which JMJ track? It might help locate the track

Samination just posts for the sake of posting. He never successfully IDs anything.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:
So are you saying the track samples/takes the melody from a track by Jean Michelle Jarre? If so which JMJ track? It might help locate the track

Samination just posts for the sake of posting. He never successfully IDs anything.

I have managed to ID a bunch of tracks thank you very much. But don't expect me to ID anything from before 1996
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

I have managed to ID a bunch of tracks thank you very much. But don't expect me to ID anything from before 1996

Jeez. You've missed out on the best years of Hardcore!

1991-1995 was superb! Hardcore, Jungle, Breakbeat Hardcore, 4-Beat Happy and Bouncy Techno etc.
Samination I have tried, but I cannot get into it :(

Anyways, the reason I replied to this thread was because of void's comment about it being a italo_disco, and I dont know anyone else from that time that remixed italo-like stuff, other than Hixxy. If it really is a remix and not just a time stretched copy.

And now that I listen to the video again, I hadn't noticed the vocals at the very end, before it cuts to another clip
groinman Italo seems to be a term only used in Australia. Eurodance is probably a better description. You can hear the kind of tracks i'm talking about in the rest of the original video... A lot of them were on Italian labels, but yeah, Eurodance is probably a better descriptor

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page