Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Favorite Scott Brown songs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Jaybee I'm seeing Scott Brown this Friday, and it's been quite some time since I've been out to see DJs so I'm very excited he's in town! It's always been my dream to hear him play "Definition of a Bad Boy".

What are some of your favorite Scott Brown songs? Bonus if they're newer because I need to catch up! :)
Samination Forever Yours (as Interstate) and Pilgrim 2000 (colab with brother Bass-X) are 2 of my most favorite SB tracks
Mickey Init "Something Good" https://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-Feelin-Alright-Something-Good/release/11704
Elliott Have fun on Friday. :)

Where does one even start?

Neckbreaker, Elysium, Now Is The Time, Detonator, Bleep Song, Rock You Softly, All About You, Pilgrim etc. etc.
DjZelous https://www.discogs.com/Sy-Unknown-Bring-Me-Round-To-Love-Remixes/release/168222
This is one of my favs!
Also a new fav https://www.beatport.com/release/laugh-with-your-heart-scott-brown-remix/1795427
Jaybee Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to check them all out! I haven't been out to a party since HTID LA in 2014... Scott was also there, so I'm really excited to get the chance to see him again. Never thought I'd see a headliner like this in Vegas!

Edit: I think I might also maybe meet Scott at this party? I'm so nervous omg.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to check them all out! I haven't been out to a party since HTID LA in 2014... Scott was also there, so I'm really excited to get the chance to see him again. Never thought I'd see a headliner like this in Vegas!

Edit: I think I might also maybe meet Scott at this party? I'm so nervous omg.

His defining production of this decade is probably The Bleep Song. It had everyone on here, myself included, raving about it. It literally restored my faith in hardcore for a short while in 2015 and prompted me to do two of the first mixes I'd done for years.

Second track on here:
The drunken scotsman Rock you softly is my personal favourite but there's so many to choose from.
Jaybee Oooo the Bleep Song is beautiful! :o Thank you friends!
Elliott
quote:
Oooo the Bleep Song is beautiful! :o Thank you friends!

I don't know about Scott Brown but most hardcore producers/DJs are friendly and easy to talk to. Except Gammer. He can go to hell. Nah, not serious. I totally started that fight. But yeah, I think I briefly met Sc@r and a few others at some tiny little event years back and they were all chill as ****. I don't remember that night too well though. All I remember was everyone including all the ravers being really friendly (and no that wasn't just an MDMA memory). I started coughing my guts up in the toilet because I was chainsmoking and some matey asked if I needed help in case I was having an aneurysm. Hahaha. Good guy though.

Anyway, you'll have a blast. Don't worry about it. :)
wong ghosts, how else can i say it, only your love remix.... far too many could go on all night
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

I don't know about Scott Brown but most hardcore producers/DJs are friendly and easy to talk to. Except Gammer. He can go to hell. Nah, not serious. I totally started that fight. But yeah, I think I briefly met Sc@r and a few others at some tiny little event years back and they were all chill as ****. I don't remember that night too well though. All I remember was everyone including all the ravers being really friendly (and no that wasn't just an MDMA memory). I started coughing my guts up in the toilet because I was chainsmoking and some matey asked if I needed help in case I was having an aneurysm. Hahaha. Good guy though.

I feel like meeting any of the djs would of been a lot less nervewracking 8 years ago when I was actively going to parties. I got to see a lot of them (ufo, stompy, brisk, re-con, styles, breeze, scott brown, hixxy, dougal, gammer, ham, s3rl, stormtrooper, impact, vinylgroover, whizzkid.... local loves like crackerjack, nice guys, no left turn, rize, starr, sixxx) but I never tried to meet them. I did get a picture with The Nice Guys back in the day.

I'm going to make sure I'm nice and drunk so I don't have all this social anxiety lol
Bring Me Round To Love Scott Brown - Elysium (Original)
Scott Brown & Brisk - The Chase
Scott Brown - I'll Be Yours

The drunken scotsman Rock you softly is my personal favourite but there's so many to choose from.
Samination Oh my, I forgot to mention Blue Room!

Is that one of Scott's more experimental tracks?
Captain Triceps Happy Vibes, Rock To My Beatz, Healing Mind, Turn Up The Music, Detonated, Lost Generation remix...
You could be here all day listing them.
Elliott It's interesting how nearly everyone has named different tracks. Just shows the quality and diversity of SB's catalogue.
Samination
quote:
It's interesting how nearly everyone has named different tracks. Just shows the quality and diversity of SB's catalogue.

I'm more suprised that people have mentioned his 2003-present more than his older stuff.
Jaybee oh I forgot about Blue Anthem!
I'm gonna embarass myself here, but it's been quite some time since I've listened to this music and this track reminds me of another one.. perhaps "Inspiration" ?????
ArdcorePower Scott Brown is one of my all time favourite producers for gabba, and one of the few HHC producers I was digging in the late 90's when the sing-a-long Euro Pop on speed was starting to run it's course, and I think Scott is a big reason why Happy Hardcore upgraded to the "UK hardcore" sound it is now known as.

This is just my opinion, as far as I can remember and what I do know is that Scott Brown has been an iconic scene creating producer since probably 92 when he was DJ Equazion doing the breakbeat hardcore and techno thing.

"Hardcore Disco" changed the hardcore scene, it ushered in that happy bouncy gabba flavor hardcore style, Paul Elstak is the godfather of happy hardcore in Holland well, he heard Scott Brown and changed his music direction to more happier style and lots of producers copied Scott.

Scott's early bouncy techno tunes for me were the absolute best! tunes like Live Your Life, Detonated, My Best Friend, Asylum, Do What Ya Like, of course Hardcore Disco, I can go on and on lol.

Even the happy hardcore stuff like his Hardcore Vibes Remix or Yeah Oh Yeah, I Don't Need Nobody, his Interstate stuff, the monster anthem which I was saying earlier that I felt had a big impact which is still going to this day was his Elysium production.

His Gabba tracks were nutty like his productions on Twisted Vinyl, Terror Traxx, Mokum Records under the Annihilator alias, his early stuff on Evolution/Evolution Gold,Bass Generator Records and Shoop!, The Scotchman stuff on Babyboom and Dwarf.

He also produced some amazing hard trance too. He did an EP on a big German label I remember one of the tracks is called "Ecstasy" and he has label called "Corrosion" which is all hard trance / trance and also "Slip Records".

He's defiantly one of my all time favourites without even thinking twice about it.
Vladel Newer stuff has to be bleep song
Older stuff has to be heavens gate.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Newer stuff has to be bleep song
Older stuff has to be heavens gate.

Yeah I were gonna say Heavens Gate. From The Underground as well. So many wonderful tunes from the man.
DjZelous Heaven in your eyes is also an amazing one! it sounds amazing off the vinyl!
Captain Triceps Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & D-Zyne - Everybody's Movin' (Scott Brown Remix) is pretty special too.
DJ A.K. So Many

Turn up the Music
Roll the Track
Elysium Plus
Yeah oh Yeah
Feel the Beat
Pilgrim
From the Underground
Lightening Strike
Lost Generation Remix
Rock to My Beats
Basic Nature
Blue Anthem
Rock You Softly
Fly With You
Do What You Like
Now is the Time
E-creation
Happy Vibes
Best Friend
Hardcore Disco
Work That Sukka
F*@k You

etc etc

Biggest influence on the hardcore scene imo, the word Legend doesnt do the guy justice
Cyrax How many sukkas
Invite the violence
Samination god I feel soo alone with my Forever Yours and Blue Room picks :P From the Underground is one of the first tracks (chronologically) of the stuff I really loved by Scott Brown.

From the Underground
Equazion Part 10 (Viroid)
Equazion Part 11 (Let the Bass Go)
Forever Yours
Second Wave
Pilgrim 2000
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

I feel like meeting any of the djs would of been a lot less nervewracking 8 years ago when I was actively going to parties. I got to see a lot of them (ufo, stompy, brisk, re-con, styles, breeze, scott brown, hixxy, dougal, gammer, ham, s3rl, stormtrooper, impact, vinylgroover, whizzkid.... local loves like crackerjack, nice guys, no left turn, rize, starr, sixxx) but I never tried to meet them. I did get a picture with The Nice Guys back in the day.

I'm going to make sure I'm nice and drunk so I don't have all this social anxiety lol

damn are you an og kandi kid?

Never seen Ham; stormtrooper; ufo; or stompy! gotta be pre 2008?

You need to make Northkore in Norcal; they brought out sc@r last time :D . Epic; epic party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxziSUXzA8

oh and i guess my answer is prince of darkness and neckbreaker shit :P
Samination I've met Scott Brown and DJ Darts a couple of times, and said hello Kevin Energy (heck, he said I was the only Swede on Freeformation The Last Jam so it was easy to remember my name :P), Fade and Bananaman. Heck, in Scott Brown's eyes, I'll forever be the "Whooper king", because I was eating at Burger King when I met him in Sweden :P
Mad Max Too many to mention..

But one that hasnt been said yet "Memories". It has grown on me over the years as one of my mates mixes it a lot when we mix together.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I've met Scott Brown and DJ Darts a couple of times, and said hello Kevin Energy (heck, he said I was the only Swede on Freeformation The Last Jam so it was easy to remember my name :P), Fade and Bananaman. Heck, in Scott Brown's eyes, I'll forever be the "Whooper king", because I was eating at Burger King when I met him in Sweden :P

with cheese?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
I've met Scott Brown and DJ Darts a couple of times, and said hello Kevin Energy (heck, he said I was the only Swede on Freeformation The Last Jam so it was easy to remember my name :P), Fade and Bananaman. Heck, in Scott Brown's eyes, I'll forever be the "Whooper king", because I was eating at Burger King when I met him in Sweden :P

with cheese?

no... plain with ketchup only :(
Jaybee
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You need to make Northkore in Norcal; they brought out sc@r last time :D . Epic; epic party.

I just told my friends from Top Dawg (Scooby) and my friend DJ A.N.T (My bf started partying with them back in the Bay in 2004) to keep me updated on cool bay parties, and I gave Northkore a follow. I see they did a really cool party a few months ago but I would not of been able to make it.

I raved mainly summer 2006 thru january 2009 in LA. UFO was at the first party my boyfriend and i went to on Oct 13 2006, it was called Raveolution. It may be on my events thing on here (I went back and found parties I went to posted on this website lol) Stompy was at Miles of Smiles 5 in 2008, I actually got to bounce around on stage during his set, so that was neat, still didn't meet him tho! (Probably had to go back to working the water table or some shit :P) Ham played with Brisk at Beyond the Beat. That was also in 2008
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just told my friends from Top Dawg (Scooby) and my friend DJ A.N.T (My bf started partying with them back in the Bay in 2004) to keep me updated on cool bay parties, and I gave Northkore a follow. I see they did a really cool party a few months ago but I would not of been able to make it.

I raved mainly summer 2006 thru january 2009 in LA. UFO was at the first party my boyfriend and i went to on Oct 13 2006, it was called Raveolution. It may be on my events thing on here (I went back and found parties I went to posted on this website lol) Stompy was at Miles of Smiles 5 in 2008, I actually got to bounce around on stage during his set, so that was neat, still didn't meet him tho! (Probably had to go back to working the water table or some shit :P) Ham played with Brisk at Beyond the Beat. That was also in 2008

righteous; scooby is hella cool. i live more south but love hardcore raving in the bay :) ; and ANT def threw down!

damn ; i am jelly; right before i started when they still brought out the big boys and the scene was not semi dead <3 ! Always nice to meet some hardcore ravers; hope to make your acquaintance one day :)
Jaybee
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

righteous; scooby is hella cool. i live more south but love hardcore raving in the bay :) ; and ANT def threw down!

damn ; i am jelly; right before i started when they still brought out the big boys and the scene was not semi dead <3 ! Always nice to meet some hardcore ravers; hope to make your acquaintance one day :)

I would love to come and party up there, to see where my BF got his roots, etc. I have only been to the Lovefest parades (07, 08) and I went to some NYE party in Berkeley in 2007 (going into 08).

and no, I'm jelly :P (Rave name Jellybean)

I've been hearing rumors of a hardcore revival so I hope it's true...
Jaybee Hey guys! I just saw Scott Brown a few hours ago, and WOW!!!! He played the song I asked him to (Def of a Bad Boy)! I was very excited and happy. I got a few videos from the gopro and I'll upload them to youtube later. He played UK hardcore, but also some Gabber.

I didn't meet him. I got a little too drunk, felt a bit sick, and was overall just feelin a bit awkward (hardly any phat pants, barely any kandy (i had like 8 pieces including a necklace, which is NOTHING for me coming from LA, but like no one inside wore it... very weird for me to see!) but I had a nice time!!!
Si Thompson My picks are:

Trancefiction - Lightning Strike
Scott Brown - Rock 2 My Beatz
Scott Brown - Afterlife
Jaybee Hey guys, do you mind if I share some videos from Scotts set on Friday in this thread? :)
DjZelous Please do post some videos!!!!
Jaybee Definition of a Bad Boy, starts about 1:00 in. MK2 said my name during the set, and I missed it because I was worried the camera wasn't working lol

Fly with You:

Angel Eyes:

Bring me Round to Love:

Turn up the Music:

The entire set should be online at some point (audio) so I'll let you guys know when it is! :D I also have some other snippets I didn't upload because I don't know what the tracks are.
Bring Me Round To Love Nice to see that some in the US still appreciate the good music. Would have loved to have been there.
Jaybee There are a lot of hardcore fans here in America, especially on the west coast. I wish we had more people at the party. Some guy did talk to me at the bar who said he lived down the street and could hear the hardstyle and had to come over because he couldn't believe it was being played in Vegas.

I hope we will get more events like this here. :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
Hey guys, do you mind if I share some videos from Scotts set on Friday in this thread? :)

Just in case anyone was going to say no!
Jaybee
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Hey guys, do you mind if I share some videos from Scotts set on Friday in this thread? :)

Just in case anyone was going to say no!

lol, well I didn't know if I was supossed to have them in an event forum or something? Idk.
Sulphurik So many songs to mention; I'll need to get back on this.

Always remember Techno Revolution (Evolution Mix mix) being the first Scott Brown track I ever heard so this is definately one of my favourites.

Always like it when I hear an old skool track from Scott never heard before. Few came across recently inc. Hazardous and Spaced Out. Spaced Out was on same release as Wheels of fortune EV29; had never heard Spaced Out before, which sounds great.

He's been producing alot of tracks this year and many great ones. really like give me fire, reach for the sky, i only need you, this is forever, Into the blue and run to me (M-Project remix) is great.

There's a new plus system track released recently.
Sulphurik What a release Equazion Part 6 was from 20 years ago!
https://www.discogs.com/Q-Tex-Equazion-Part-6/master/89960
martinj1985 Sorry to highjack this thread!!..

Onto the topic!!

Definition Of A Badboy
Really Need You Feat. DMO
Hardcore Hustler
Lilley We're droppin this. Was on the first hardcore album I bought (some australian release).
Also really liked the remix that the bloke who died in his sleep did (don't remember his name). Was the second last or last track on his promo mix.
Hard2Get Too many good tunes for there to be a single favourite, so i will just name one of my favourites: Heavens Gate.
quote:
Scott Brown - Afterlife

Very under rated. Along with this, which is even more under rated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKaXJun-Ig0
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Too many good tunes for there to be a single favourite, so i will just name one of my favourites: Heavens Gate.

Yeah one of my favourites also.

Just a comment on remixes by others of Scott Brown tracks, M-Project's remix of Run To Me is great! Think it has to be one of my favourite remixes of a Scott Brown track.
oxis Detonated
We're Droppin This (Plus System remix)
Synthetic Dreams
and his remix of Mother****er
eddiewould Everytime I Close My Eyes
Chase
Back & Forth
Fly With You
Lost Generation
Phobz Scott Brown - Enlightened
Interstate - Second Element
Scott Brown & Gillian Tennant - Only One
2 Without Heads - You & Me (Scott Brown Remix)
Scott Brown - Blue Room
Scott Brown - Rock You Softly
Triquatra Tough one,

Super Sharp Beatz

actually I'll just say his Hardcore Heaven Vol 5 mix, because I was basically just going to list that tracklisting, haha.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Tough one,

Super Sharp Beatz

actually I'll just say his Hardcore Heaven Vol 5 mix, because I was basically just going to list that tracklisting, haha.

Was about to say there never was a 5th one, but then realized you're talking about the original series and not the Slammin Vinyl one.
Triquatra pfft, of course!
Mickey Init
quote:
Tough one,

Super Sharp Beatz

Still gets listened to about once a month in my house! Put those 4 mixes in order of preference... starting with Vinylgroover.

Hard2Get
quote:
Tough one,

Super Sharp Beatz

Really really good tune. Under rated i feel.
lewiscanon I have to say ti some aff ye's you have made good points oon Scott Brown tracks.

Scott Brown VS Brisk - Chase
David Pamies & Cesar Benito- Torn (Scott Brown Remix)
Scott Brown - Juggernaut
Scott Brown - Make The Beat Drop
Scott Brown - Prince Of Darkness
Scott Brown - Detonated
Scott Brown - Andromeda
Scott Brown Meets Plus System - Na Na Na

This is some aff ma good memories aff Scott Browns Historical Hardcore tracks that I remember. :D good times <3
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Scott Brown - Enlightened
Scott Brown - Blue Room

it takes 2 nutters to like Blue Room :P
And I'm the other one
Phobz
quote:
Tough one,

Super Sharp Beatz

Very good CD. Always playing it hehe =)
Phobz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Scott Brown - Enlightened
Scott Brown - Blue Room

it takes 2 nutters to like Blue Room :P
And I'm the other one

Haha brilliant Jacek, 2 nutters in a pod (hhc forum) :D
DJ Intensity Enlightened DJ weaver remix and his remix of cannonball.
robertybob Definition of a Badboy (Hardcorevolution Remix)
Anything by Scott Brown feat. DMO
This Is Hardcore
Doc Mcfly My top 3 Scott Brown tracks

#1 Blue Anthem (Original mix)

#2 Definition Of A Badboy (Hardcore Evolution mix)

#3 Neck Breaker (Original mix)
lewiscanon Ti date this is whit I listened to tonight.

01: Scott Brown & Ceci - Stay With Me
02: Scott Brown & Kelly C - I Need You In My Arms (Ganar Remix)
03: Scott Brown - Pilgrim (Luna-C & Saiyan remix)
04: Scott Brown - Follow Me
05: Scott Brown - This Is Forever

Out aff all the tracks I feel Scott Brown - This Is Forever is ma fave. :) <3
Hard2Get
Decky_G
quote:

I could kiss you. Was searching for ages to find the name of that tune and here it is

_Jay_

Everytime I Close My Eyes
Na Na Na
I'll Be Yours

Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:
quote:

I could kiss you. Was searching for ages to find the name of that tune and here it is

I'm glad it was helpful to you!
lewiscanon Plus System - Na na na
Sy & Unknown - Bring Me Round To Love (Evolution Remix)

Them 2 atm is an all cloud memory fave :D I hope them aswell as many good producers encourage new producers ti create many good tracks & keep the dance genre alive <3
Elys1um Looks like there's a ton of tracks I need to give a listen to!

Both versions of Elysium
This is how we do it
Neck Breaker (Essential platinum mix)
Definition of a bad boy
Lost Generation (Nu Foundations remix), technically not his song but whatever it still rocks :D
Roll the track

Lost Generation and Elysium are probably tied for place 1 for nostalgic reasons :)

It took 3.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page