Total online 1596
 Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The evolution of Raverbaby is interesting...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Sketchy Hixxy & UFO started the label, Hixxy using a very distinctive sonic kick! Then once the label is up and rolling, and Mark Breeze hits gold on his percussion with Darren Styles. Then EVERYONE changes their kicks to a more roomy BOOM haha!

It's fascinating really.
Captain Triceps That kick Hixxy used was horrendous, but the tunes were awesome.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
That kick Hixxy used was horrendous, but the tunes were awesome.

I'm not sure if he knew what direction to go in. It was as if Mark Breeze was the founder of that BOOM kick though.
warped_candykid I love the early Raver Baby tracks (Bonkers 8). I love that heavy, full kick Hxxy used on those tracks like "Get Into Love" & My Way" remixes.

UFO & Hixxy- Shines
Hixxy-I'm Ready

Some of my favs!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I love that heavy, full kick Hxxy used on those tracks like "Get Into Love" & My Way" remixes.

Hixxy's kick sounded awesome live.
Smoogie Some of the early Raverbaby stuff was not too bad. It went the wrong way around 2005 when Clubland Extreme Hardcore 1 came out and turned the UK Hardcore scene from a rave scene to a chav scene.

Most Raverbaby tunes released after 2005 , bar one or two where watered down clubbing crap that aged badly.

Get Into Love is a classic though
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
when Clubland Extreme Hardcore 1 came out

I had a track on that album :)
DJ Sketchy
quote:
It went the wrong way around 2005 when Clubland Extreme Hardcore 1 came out and turned the UK Hardcore scene from a rave scene to a chav scene.

One of my favourite eras!
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
quote:
It went the wrong way around 2005 when Clubland Extreme Hardcore 1 came out and turned the UK Hardcore scene from a rave scene to a chav scene.

One of my favourite eras!

I was actually enjoying the stuff coming out at the time until Clubland came out. Hardcore Heaven and Hardcore Nation came out in February that year with quite a few good tunes. Bonkers 14 and 15 where good as was Hardcore Heaven 2 and Hardcore Nation 2. I drew the line at Clubland however
martinj1985 I liked Clubland Xtreme Vol.1 & 2 but after that it got worse!
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
I liked Clubland Xtreme Vol.1 & 2 but after that it got worse!

Yeah you're right, the first two compilations were good. Think I still have 1 & 2, used to have 4 and 5. Didn't buy any more after the fifth.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I love the early Raver Baby tracks (Bonkers 8). I love that heavy, full kick Hxxy used on those tracks like "Get Into Love" & My Way" remixes.

UFO & Hixxy- Shines
Hixxy-I'm Ready

Some of my favs!

Yeah loved those remixes.

Oh Shines through, actually hadn't heard that. Sounds decent, Space Brothers vocals.
Sulphurik Hixxy's done another N-Trance - Set You Free remix. He says it's an update.
https://soundcloud.com/hixxy/n-trance-set-you-free-hixxy-remix-v11-sc

This update is actually quite good. What does anyone think?

He's done 2 or maybe 3 different versions in the past. First one being the Bonkers 9 one which is my favourite one.

Impulse_Response I'm not a huge fan of it. Of all his Set You Free remixes, the only one I really like is the one on Bonkers 9.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
I'm not a huge fan of it. Of all his Set You Free remixes, the only one I really like is the one on Bonkers 9.

Overall I'm sick to death of any and every Set You Free remix/remake/edit/update. It was never that great of a track to warrant so many versions and I'd like to see it finally die.
Captain Triceps It is very much a classic, but why would he sit and think, "I know, I'll remix Set You Free!"?
djDMS 'I know what Set you free needs, another remix just like all the rest'
Samination
quote:
It is very much a classic, but why would he sit and think, "I know, I'll remix Set You Free!"?

Please don't. There's only one version I like, and that's Double Decka's on Ballistic bootlegs
Captain Triceps Storm's remix on HTSE is my favourite (although Brisk's remix on the flip seemed far, far more popular.)
I always found the Storm version a bugger to mix with though, don't know why, it just never seemed to sound right with anything.
oxis Guys what if Hixxy not setting free the track Set You Free was actually avant garde ironic commentary on the act of rebooting art through the form of remixes or updates to make profit? maybe Hixxy was smarter than we gave him credit for. truly a modern age music genius!
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
Guys what if Hixxy not setting free the track Set You Free was actually avant garde ironic commentary on the act of rebooting art through the form of remixes or updates to make profit? maybe Hixxy was smarter than we gave him credit for. truly a modern age music genius!

Yeah, I can't see it being anything else now you mention it.
Hard2Get
quote:
Storm's remix on HTSE is my favourite (although Brisk's remix on the flip seemed far, far more popular.)
I always found the Storm version a bugger to mix with though, don't know why, it just never seemed to sound right with anything.

Yeah i really like that remix.
Skidzorz I always love sThat heavy distorted kick Hixxy used. Just Accept It, The Theme, that whole Bonkers 8 disc TBH .. It gave the tracks oomph, and the synths and everything else sounded unpolished as well, so the kick would sound weird if it was sonically perfext and everything else was rough and popped

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page