Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Thumpa putting his label 'to bed'

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
skarr https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154687008656501&id=518641500 I know he's said it before but I think he means it this time, if this is definite then I can not even imagine how many people owe their thanks to him, I remember when he released early prospect and spyro tracks,and said they were 2 to look out for, and look at them now, re build was the label of the year for me for quite a few years, so if this is goodbye, then thank you re build for bringing through and releasing some of the best tracks I have EVER heard.
skarr I honestly honestly think, if it wasn't for Thumpa, freeform would quite possibly be obsolete by now.
skarr But if it's time to give up, it's time to give up, but deep down i don't think you'll ever give up, because it's what you are....
Skidzorz The post is gone :/.

If true though that sucks for any freeform fans. I can't lie and say I'll be too too disappointed - I have Blood, Sweat & Tears but was never a fan of freeform so largely stayed away from his releases, but it's always disappointing to hear someone so integral to breaking new artists and keeping a niche subgenre in an allready niche genre alive. Him and the Stamina guys seemed to carry on the torch that was passed when Sharkey and Kev Energy quit being in the scene full time.
latininxtc I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, he's full of shit.
Samination It's the 3rd time he does it so :P

Skidzorz: Back when I got into hardcore (2002ish), Freeform has always been a big part of combilations, especially the Bonkers ones. Ofcourse, when Bonkers stopped bein made, Sharkey going into berserker mode and Kevin Energy (among others) tried to make Freeform a Hard Dance genre, rather than a Hardcore one, Freeform lost it's identity (i.m.o.).
Vladel Thumpa calling it quits is about as reliable as a when a WWE wrestler gets "fired" only to come back days later
skarr You get people who moan about things , then you get people who get off their ****in arse and do something about it, Thumpa is one of those people, never gave up, always stood up for what he believed in, REAL MAN.
skarr But I think freeform will never take off like UK hardcore cause it takes a certain level of intelligence to understand it, whereas UK hardcore a lot of the time is music for stupid people...... discuss....
Samination If only Sharkey, AMS, K-Complex, Tazz and Impact would come back and make proper freeform instead.

Maybe, when Thumpa is thinking of making a CD again, he should get these guys a proper thumbing :P
skarr What do you mean by 'proper ' freeform
skarr Proper freeform as in Sketchy n sy with excuses n stories? Lol,
skarr Etch a sketch
skarr The new stone bank mix for example is brilliant, n keyes hosts it really well, wish more mixes could be like that
Elipton He's got a new house and a young family. Can understand his pledge to them, but I doubt he'll be gone for long.
skarr Thumpa is Thumpa and he'll always come back
PecheyTheLizard I'm waiting for Olly to see this thread and be like "No, really guys. I'm ****in done"
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
You get people who moan about things , then you get people who get off their ****in arse and do something about it, Thumpa is one of those people, never gave up, always stood up for what he believed in, REAL MAN.

Actually Thumpa is both of those people. He bitches and moans just as much as we do, if not more, but he still manages to get shit done.
trippnface ****ing a you guys are all hilarious.

if only we all produced as much shit as we all talk hahaha ;p

for real though Thumpa; **** no dude. If you have any love for this scene; DO NOT ABANDON US BROTHER.

You are an asset friend; any and all remaining pillars of our scene must be accounted for and loved.

REMAIN STEADY
DJ A.K. Hope he doesn't give up, we need more people promoting freeform and the more serious side of hardcore. Imo the hardcore scene is strongest when its at its most varied and not just everyone making whatever sub style is popular at the time, that way you can make your mixes as serious or happy as you choose.
Its a thankless task though so I can understand why he gets fed up from time to time.
GrahamC With Hardcore Heaven doing so well it would be nice to see him get a mix on the next one! I would love to see a big 4-disc HH beast with Thumpa owning one of the discs, his skill on the decks is phenomenal!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
With Hardcore Heaven doing so well it would be nice to see him get a mix on the next one! I would love to see a big 4-disc HH beast with Thumpa owning one of the discs, his skill on the decks is phenomenal!

That ain't happening. If the HU series is no longer going to be a 4-disc series, then I doubt Jon will push HH to be one. At best we'll get 3 CDs out of it, which is very doable and I hope it happens.
djDMS Won't happen without 3 discs worth of quality music
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Won't happen without 3 discs worth of quality music

I reckon Thumpa can come up with his discs worth with no real probs. He was putting 2-disc albums so filling up one shouldn't be too hard.

F&D seem to be able to churn out HQ music like a machine!

So that would just leave two discs to fill...

Personally I think it would be interesting to have Hixxy on a HU project, might spur him into producing a bit more and I reckon he would be able to pick up tracks from loads of other artists with little to no effort needed.

4th disc, I am not too sure, somebody way outwith the HU stable, Rolling Contact? He/they have produced some seriously good CDs
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
You get people who moan about things , then you get people who get off their ****in arse and do something about it, Thumpa is one of those people, never gave up, always stood up for what he believed in, REAL MAN.

Actually Thumpa is both of those people. He bitches and moans just as much as we do, if not more, but he still manages to get shit done.

This

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:

This

Yeah pretty much. He's certainly not one to sit on the fence.
lewiscanon I dont know much about this Thumpa but fae all you members that know him. & i have relations that crave ir get there musical skills aff there oon family I am sure every bit aff Thumpas talent will rub aff his family, I wish him all the best wif his future this 2017 & I hope that he encourages his fans & close loved ones they keep Dance Music alive :) Like most ppl take early retirement they always bounce back ;)
Elliott On a serious note related to the OP, like most people on here (i.e. huge hardcore fans) I own a couple of Rebuild albums as well as pretty much the entire digital label from back in the day. As much as I dislike Thumpa as a person, I'd never rejoice in the death of any hardcore label (except maybe TWR). Some good tracks were released on Rebuild. Sad news if true.

Edit: That said, Thumpa does have prior form for hissy fit "exits" from the scene.
Smoogie
quote:
On a serious note related to the OP, like most people on here (i.e. huge hardcore fans) I own a couple of Rebuild albums as well as pretty much the entire digital label from back in the day. As much as I dislike Thumpa as a person, I'd never rejoice in the death of any hardcore label (except maybe TWR). Some good tracks were released on Rebuild. Sad news if true.

Edit: That said, Thumpa does have prior form for hissy fit "exits" from the scene.

What don't you like about Thumper? On the occasion I have spoke to him online he seemed cool.

But Hardcore on a whole holds little interest in me. I am Hard House now and as much as I love my Hardcore favourites, I cannot get anything from this new stuff. Even Freeform went too 'Trancy' for my liking.

Hard House for the win!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
On a serious note related to the OP, like most people on here (i.e. huge hardcore fans) I own a couple of Rebuild albums as well as pretty much the entire digital label from back in the day. As much as I dislike Thumpa as a person, I'd never rejoice in the death of any hardcore label (except maybe TWR). Some good tracks were released on Rebuild. Sad news if true.

What don't you like about Thumper? On the occasion I have spoke to him online he seemed cool.

But Hardcore on a whole holds little interest in me. I am Hard House now and as much as I love my Hardcore favourites, I cannot get anything from this new stuff. Even Freeform went too 'Trancy' for my liking.

Hard House for the win!

So you like hard house now?
Vladel
quote:
quote:

Hard House for the win!

Then why are you still here?
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:

Hard House for the win!

Then why are you still here?

Because I still like Hardcore as well and I have been on this forum for a long time.

Why, is that a problem?
Samination hard house is still not hardcore though :P
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
hard house is still not hardcore though :P

And neither is all that 'modern' UK Hardcore stuff. That stuff was what should have been called 'Speed Trance'
Vladel
quote:
quote:

And neither is all that 'modern' UK Hardcore stuff. That stuff was what should have been called 'Speed Trance'

You don't like hardcore because all you do is slag it off and like it or not, it's hardcore, it's just you can't accept reality and if you are just going to talk about hard house, do it in a different area of the forum or another one altogether.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't like hardcore because all you do is slag it off and like it or not, it's hardcore, it's just you can't accept reality and if yo are just going to talk about hard house, do it in a different area of the forum or another one altogether.

I slag Hardcore off do I? That is funny I seem to remember 'offending' people when I shared videos of tunes that I do like.

You cannot please some people on this forum and unlike a lot of people actually show loyalty towards this place and reply to threads while other just poke their noses in to cause beef
Samination For all the hate we give the new uk hardcore (which we do alot), we have accepted it aswell
Smoogie
quote:
For all the hate we give the new uk hardcore (which we do alot), we have accepted it aswell

To me, 'New' UK Hardcore is not much different from 10 years ago. There have been some good tunes over the years but I have no passion with it.
Vladel
quote:
quote:
For all the hate we give the new uk hardcore (which we do alot), we have accepted it aswell

To me, 'New' UK Hardcore is not much different from 10 years ago. There have been some good tunes over the years but I have no passion with it.

Which brings me back to why are you still here?
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which brings me back to why are you still here?

Because I still like old Hardcore, or Old Skool so I can still talk about that on this forum can I not? Or have the rules changed lately that I didn't know about?
Samination it's still not against the rules to talk about older hardcore. But we are kinda tired of hearing "uuuuuuuu, new hardcore aint real hardcore.... *cries in entitled english prick-ness*" :P
Smoogie
quote:
it's still not against the rules to talk about older hardcore. But we are kinda tired of hearing "uuuuuuuu, new hardcore aint real hardcore.... *cries in entitled english prick-ness*" :P

So because I'm Englush im a prick?

You hear that, guys, us English are selfish people!

We only gave the world our language, industry and music...

On a serious note though, this is a forum. Not everyone has to agree on the same things but one thing I never get is how hostile this forum actually is.
Vladel Because all you go on about is how crap hardcore is and hard house is better, sorta thing that would be better said on a hard house forum. What you spend your time doing could be classed as trolling.
djDMS This is what happens when you go out of your way to be 'controversial'

By all means, start a discussion and invite opinion. But starting topics with 'what you like is shit, this is better' doesn't really help does it?
Smoogie
quote:
Because all you go on about is how crap hardcore is and hard house is better, sorta thing that would be better said on a hard house forum. What you spend your time doing could be classed as trolling.

I cannot find any Hard House forums

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
This is what happens when you go out of your way to be 'controversial'

By all means, start a discussion and invite opinion. But starting topics with 'what you like is shit, this is better' doesn't really help does it?

Just a bit of banter
Samination atleast you'r staying around :P

Billy Jump couldn't take 2 of my negative (but not hurtful!) comments about his tracks :P
Smoogie
quote:
atleast you'r staying around :P

Billy Jump couldn't take 2 of my negative (but not hurtful!) comments about his tracks :P

I have seen worse on forums myself. I play a game called The Sims. It was a popular game for years with a lively community. Then one day they released a new game, The Sims 4 which was one of those 'remove everything and sell it back to you at a later date' type of games that you hear about. Some people brought it, many boycotted and there was a lot of different opinions flying around.

This forum is actually quit tame in comparison. We are just a music forum and there are not many forums like this left now so we might as well make the most of it while we can
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

I have seen worse on forums myself. I play a game called The Sims. It was a popular game for years with a lively community. Then one day they released a new game, The Sims 4 which was one of those 'remove everything and sell it back to you at a later date' type of games that you hear about. Some people brought it, many boycotted and there was a lot of different opinions flying around.

This forum is actually quit tame in comparison. We are just a music forum and there are not many forums like this left now so we might as well make the most of it while we can

This is a happy/uk hardcore forum. It specifies that in the name of the site itself. So if you want to talk about hard house, fine. But there is a section on that called Music Discussion - Other Genres where you can cunt off all about your fuck awful hard house.

And no don't bore us with your shitty Sims talk an your fucking YouTube videos that go along with it. Just because you have no one in your real life to bore people with your shit it doesn't mean you can come on here and bore us knowing full well there's no ignore feature to be rid of you here.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is a happy/uk hardcore forum. It specifies that in the name of the site itself. So if you want to talk about hard house, fine. But there is a section on that called Music Discussion - Other Genres where you can cunt off all about your fuck awful hard house.

And no don't bore us with your shitty Sims talk an your fucking YouTube videos that go along with it. Just because you have no one in your real life to bore people with your shit it doesn't mean you can come on here and bore us knowing full well there's no ignore feature to be rid of you here.

Wow, and the wanker of the year award goes to you then?

Look, you do not know me ok. We post on the same forum but who are you to comment on what I do with my free time?

If you don't like my videos then don't watch them. If you don't like Hard House then don't listen to it but think twice before you come into a forum and start throwing your opinions around.

Oh and if there was an ignore feature, I would gladly add you to it.

Grow up maybe?
Samination Latin, you've been quite feisty lately. Are you that mad that Trump won?
Smoogie
quote:
Latin, you've been quite feisty lately. Are you that mad that Trump won?

So that is what it is all about then? Trump is about to take up his place he brought into the White House and everyone looses their minds?

Give me Brexit over Trump any day!
Vladel
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Look, you do not know me ok. We post on the same forum but who are you to comment on what I do with my free time?

If you don't like my videos then don't watch them. If you don't like Hard House then don't listen to it but think twice before you come into a forum and start throwing your opinions around.

Grow up maybe?

And if you want to talk about hardhouse, talk about it in the other genres section.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Grow up maybe?

And if you want to talk about hardhouse, talk about it in the other genres section.

I am listening to some of it right now actually, live set up on Youtube.

But to stay on topic, has anyone noticed that Thumper has put up a mix in the mixes section?

I actually downloaded it as well, me being the Hardcore hater that I am!
arpz I googled 'hard house forum', first hit was incredibly, a hard house forum.

;)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I googled 'hard house forum', first hit was incredibly, a hard house forum.

;)

You got a link I could use?
Captain Triceps www.harderfaster.net
Captain Triceps It's just there when you Google "hard house forum".

Although there is a certain irony in leaving a hardcore forum for a harder, faster hardhouse forum.
Vladel Smoogie is that old school he can't use google. Should have suggested ask Jeeves.
Samination
quote:
Smoogie is that old school he can't use google. Should have suggested ask Jeeves.

Oldskool? doesnt altavista or webcrawler predae ask Jeeves?
Vladel They do indeed but they are so old I thought no one would get the joke.

Edited to add: duh could have googled it
Samination
quote:
They do indeed but they are so old I thought no one would get the joke.

Edited to add: duh could have googled it

i had to google wikipedia to make sure what i said was correct :P
Thumpa The label has come to an end. Thank you to the thousands who bought music and supported the artists.
Vladel Until about october
trippnface
quote:
quote:

did you play fallout 4 ?

basically the sims. people can debate all they want; but that is a building/ farming generator with RPG elements. my dad has been addicted to literally "simming" since that shit was released; LAST YEAR. **** bethesda for making a shitty game that should have been a shining RPG.

though if you want an M rated sims where you can blow their heads off and have them destoyed by mutated beasts and you love building in a post apocalyptic world; i highly reccomend.
trippnface
quote:
quote:

da hell !?

THIS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZXx_5SQqE

is not different from

THIS : https://soundcloud.com/djgammer/bornagain

to you!?!!?
Samination
quote:
Until about october

14th to be exact
Vladel
quote:
quote:
Until about october

14th to be exact

The rebuild of rebuild.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't like hardcore because all you do is slag it off and like it or not, it's hardcore, it's just you can't accept reality and if yo are just going to talk about hard house, do it in a different area of the forum or another one altogether.

I slag Hardcore off do I? That is funny I seem to remember 'offending' people when I shared videos of tunes that I do like.

You cannot please some people on this forum and unlike a lot of people actually show loyalty towards this place and reply to threads while other just poke their noses in to cause beef

I'm glad you're here, Smoogie. Respect!
Golion
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The label has come to an end. Thank you to the thousands who bought music and supported the artists.

Thank you for all the energy and time you have put into this style of music =)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

da hell !?

is not different from

to you!?!!?

Gah, so Darren Styles makes Dubstep influenced Hardcore now?
Vladel He has been for 4 years
ViolonC
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

da hell !?

is not different from

to you!?!!?

Gah, so Darren Styles makes Dubstep influenced Hardcore now?

Everybody is making Hardstyle influenced Hardcore now. Powerstomp was just the beginning. ;)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Everybody is making Hardstyle influenced Hardcore now. Powerstomp was just the beginning. ;)

Hardstyle Hardcore? Is that Hard Hard Style or Hardstyle Hardcore?

Myself I have recently just discovered a lot of new Hard House that has been coming out lately, a label called Slam! with a few tunes off of BK. Nice and hard stuff coming out of that corner which is keeping me happy
ViolonC Hardstyle Lead + melody, (pseudo) hardstyle bass and Hardcore kick.

"hard hard style" has been absorbed by rawstyle and dutch hardcore.

But anyway: when i search hard house i only end up with bigroom stuff. Is this synonym now or do i just end up with the wrong stuff?
Samination wait waht? I'm pretty sure powerstomp takes more after bouncy techno than hardstyle

It took 2.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page