Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Any tricks to know for spinnin HHC?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
psychichigh The only things I know bout spinnin HHC is that alot of techno is just 32 (ie. dance music, (c)rap, etc) which HHC, house and trance are 32 x 4...

are there any tricks to it?
or if ya got any 'trade' secrets, you can share em with me....

-------------------------
"and then god said 'let there be light' and there was, as the druids turned on their flashlights and laughed"
Tyrant 32 x 4?

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill
virus now this will only work for spinning happy hardcore..

you need to wear a blue shirt.

its the ultimate dj secret.. be quiet about it though.. don't want everyone to find out

you'll never have any problems ever again!

psychichigh Iheard it was an orange shirt...............

oh well...

hehe

and the 32 x 4 thing...
a measure has 4 beats... a bar has 4 measures...
and normally in techno, from what i heard from a few DJ's around in the local area of e-town, not the ones that'll de house parties for free, but DJ's that dj the HUGE parties in the area, and they said ussual techno and ussual music is 2 bars (hence 32) then it basically repeats for most of the song...

HHC, house, trance, etc. has 8 bars instead of 2, hence 32 x 4

"and then god said 'let there be light' and there was, as the druids turned on their flashlights and laughed"
MC RizlaDizla Your both wrong its a green shirt and you have to wear your underwear inside out.

When you got the beat matching sorted, try not to keep doing the same thing. I mean dont just wait for the record to be nearly over and then mix it into the begining of the next choon. Remember to have variaty in your mixes and it will be fine.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."
xxhappyxx LOL!!!...yup...the old magical blue shirt huh?!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
TrAiNwRecK tImMiE from my knowledge your only a good dj if you have a collection of rare records and no represses.

whatcanyado
dj-efeks also its good to have a nice collection of old fairytale and childrens story favourties on 12" i find that titles such as mtoher goose and the little engine that could tend to be completely useless when spinning hhc

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
silver you know a good DJ when you hear them DJing... the room gets hotter and hotter 'cause everyones dancing, the walls drip of water but the DJ has you locked, you say to yourself "I'll rest at the end of this track"... but it doesn't stop the you keep saying the same thing track after track... You look around the sea of people all dancing hard, you see the standers (people that go to raves and never dance and just stand around) standing around tapping their feet and nodding their heads... That is a good DJ.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by TrAiNwRecK tImMiE:

from my knowledge your only a good dj if you have a collection of rare records and no represses.

whatcanyado

this is ******** i have many rare records but that would not be areason to be a good dj.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Lixx Chill man he's only joking
-Lixx

DJ Pathfinder yeah ok.

psychichigh Hahaha
Dude

He's just pokin fun...
like most ppl here.

You gotta make life fun, cuz if ya don't, your the one stranded in boredom

Brian K "the standers" sounds like a stephen king book =P
i personally think hhc now is pretty easy to spin compared to older stuff. the tracks now a days are very dj friendly, well most of them anyway =P

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
silver Two weeks ago there was this little DJ stand thingy outside a shop in Osaka playing hard house, I asked the DJ could I have a spin of two or three records and for him to choose the records for me... After DJing at 170+ BPM most of my life hard house was like a 2 second beat mix, it was nearly impossible to screw up... and so easy ... recommend every DJ start with hardcore :)

Brian K haha i know =) i originally started with gabber so spinning hard house or anything below 170 bpm just seems so easy.
it's also fun to watch househeads try and spin hhc, they're all "it's to fast" whine whine whine =P

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
DJ Pathfinder all the old dutch gabba tracks are during about 4 minutes so i have many tracks in an hour.

but i prefer to mix drum & bass.

Heist ****! You're all daft, its a red shirt and you have to know when the breakdowns end and begin. Then just make sure you mix in on the first beat of a new part of the track (I.e when a breakdown ends you throw the next track on the first beat).

If the melodies clash in between tracks take some of the midrange out of the track that has been playing to establish that the next song is now the focus. If the loudest part of the two tracks is the old track, make the new one louder or increase its mid and trebble or make the other one a little softer if the new track is already loud enough.

Finally look like your having fun. Bounce around and shit. Yell at the crowd, and if all else fails throw your faeces at them...

www.mp3.com/djheist
psychichigh Nah....
It has to be a purple shirt...
common...
a purple shirt...
bright neon purple....

most of the vinyl I have I have no way for tell when it's comming down or going up considering they ussually just popup
here's just an example of 4 of the records I got...
"Move It" and "Feel This Way" by spitfire
"Shooting Star (Ham & Brisk remix)" and "Shooting Star (Forces & Styles remix)"
"Let's Fly (Y2K remix)" and "21st 7 K" by Breeze/DNA
"Don't Go" and "Don't Go (remix)" by DJ Kaos

I would label a few more but they're in my case which is in my car....

Heist theres nearly always a clue as to whats going to happen in hardcore songs. Be it a vocal snippet, rap, drumroll, etc. Its much harder with minimal styles such as deep house as you constantly have to be on the alert for changes in the track for an opertunity to bring the next track into dominance

www.mp3.com/djheist
aznwasian There is no real trick to it, you just have to gain expieriance.

and the only shirt to mix in is:

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
silver aznwasian: hahahaha that made my day :)

virus about not knowing where tracks drop and such.. you have to study your records and find out the best places to mix in and out of them, find out tracks that go together well, and use them. find tracks that have a similiar feel

Oli G
quote:
"Don't Go" and "Don't Go (remix)" by DJ Kaos

Easy to mix it in... u just gotta make sure the tune you take it out of has a vocal less come down :) otherwise ur ****ed... classhing vocals sound shite unless done properly... (like lil end of bar/mid bar samples)

My 2pennys of advice (keep ur cents :D)

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page