Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Has happy hardcore really died?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djtonyboy has happy hardcore died? This is a question I ask myself over and over.
when was the last time u heard a happy hardcore tune that was really good.
it's been years since i heard a good one and now allsorts of djs are mixing happy hardcore into trance and hardhouse. If you know any good recent happy hardcore tunes please tell me.

Brian K yes happy hardcore has died, from now on we are going to imitate every other form of music out there until we get our fan base back =P

probably my fav tune right now would either be ham's - and i'm back or chris e manic, lukozade & uplift's - poached & scrambled
ok so maybe 3 if you throw brutal on there =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
DJ CURLY whens the last time theres been a decent happyhardcore event
in the u.k
theres plenty of hardcore events where dj's might play 1 or 2 hhc tunes
and at slammin vinyl u never see a happyhardcore room oh no
oldskool, hardcore, drum and bass and garage but no happyhardcore.
ah well hardcore's just as good

" when ya dont know where to go and lifes kinda slow ya gotta hit the raves and let your body lose control release the tension the pressure is high roll with the flow get high on the ride"
DJ Pathfinder trance sucks big time.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Midway_raver Don't get me wrong but aint Hardcore room at slammin colective for happy hardcore, hardcore, techno and hard dance ( ie trancecore, hard house)...Theres loadsa good new tunes out jst chek the threads to the blaze and nimrod tunes on this site.....or just buy urself a new tape pack and here sum of teh other banging new material....n as for happy hardcore being dead....take a look around this site...and ush.net and u'll see the revival of happy hardcore is in full swing:D

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
DJ Mouse ^^wow what an improvement in spelling! lol

i always say hardcore never died,it just went underground,and now it's coming back with a bang

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
FinnHawk good riddance!

R.I.P.

j/k

manic I don't think happy hardcore has died. Tracks nowdays, from what I have heard, have just as much variety as in earlier times. There are still many DJs playing happyhard and I agree this website is nore than enough evidence that the scene has not died.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.
silver Hardcore didn't really die, there was enough core people to keep it alive from about 96-2000 (the dark ages of hardcore)... but there is a new generation of hardcore lovers now and 2002 and beyond is going to be massive!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
NightSoul the h/hcore is still flowing,
with me tho, still stuck in the yester'year stuff, (and thats a good thing) :)
but i like some of the newer happycore tracks that are out @ the mo :)

From The Dawn Of Time Mankind Has Striven For Immortality, From The Ashes Of The Devastated Nuclear Wilderness, Humanity Has Risen Exploting The Electronic Forces Of Knowledge.....This Is
*Rezerection*
Don Giovanni Hmm funny this topic came up...From the sounds of it and looking at releases n such it appears Happy hardcore is growing phenomenally around the world. Yet here in Winnipeg there hasn't been an actually party that featured a happy hardcore set since January 12!!! :( IMAGINE THAT.
We used to get at least one set at every other party...now we don’t even see that. We have wicked locals too! (ex. Justrich & Phosphor) I wonder when people in Winnipeg will learn to appreciate happycore, or any hardcore for that matter...until then the only venue I get to dance to happycore in is my house...and well my floorboards are starting to take a beating :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Underloop Happy Hardcore never died. Admittedly it did go WAAAAAAAAY down deep underground at one stage (so much so that most people just couldn't get hold of stuff....me included, but then I live in a backwater lmao).

However, it is making a comeback now big style. All the big names on the scene are flooding the market with quality tunes (Raver/Jelly Baby, Blaze! to name a few), and more and more people are hearing it and pricking up their ears. The number of people I have played some of the new stuff to who despised hardcore for being "cheesy wank" (their words not mine lol) are now saying "Hey I actually quite liked that".

All this can only be good for the scene, and proof that it can be big once more. The only thing really lacking right now is outlets for the tunes to be spun....theres absolutely sod all in the way of events (although Step-Back are back in Manchester...with Sy playing tonite ....and I can't fecking go ..sorry rant over lol). What the scene needs now is for events to start springing up...especially up North lol.

Theres so much good stuff out there at teh mo, it would be a shame to see it go to waste....

Matthew aka cyclone/Underloop
--------------------------
"Wait a minute, thats not the Monsterometer, its the Frog Exagerator"
Charco well said, happy hardcore has NEVER left, never will.
There is no other kind of music that gives you the happy feeling that HHC does, thats enough to keep it around forever,
ive been to a few clubs and its like a specialty when the Happy hardcore comes on, EVERYONE LOVES IT, Those who always liked happy hardcore are spreading it about more, and those who didn't stick with the scene, are realising what they are missing and are quite confidently buying into happy hardcore.
plus, ive noticed a very young generation 11,12 talking more about hhc, they love it, ive heard my wee bro talk about hhc being played at wee teeine boppin discos and everyone loves it.

The scene is very much alive.....

the happy hardcore ravers dance, smile and loose control

freedom to all who believe!!
MC RizlaDizla
hahahahaha im not sure if your joking with this post, coz if not you don’t know how wrong you are in finking that it has died.

To be fair here we go …..

I suppose the term happyhardcore in this country has been killed. Mainly due to a load of craply made choons round about late 98/99 and early 2000. The name happyhardcore is hardly used now coz of this.

No way has hardcore died tho, as said already, it did die rite down at a point and the big promotions started to drop it from there events, maily dreamscape. Helter skilter finished on 1/1/01. no more flyers with hardcore on them either.

Wot happened now woz small raves started to play hardcore and slowly it started to raise again. Future dance being 1 of the main 1s. Slammin vinyl finally did a huge event at the sanctuary(helter skleters last rave) and bang new hardcore, still soe of the classics that were played over and over again, but there woz lots of new stuff too, and good, well made stuff at that. Hixxys set woz the ****ing nuts.

From there its just got biger and bigger and I am seeing more and more new ravers, more and more new djs/ producers and mcs coming thru onto the scene that once did look done for.

If you are after the more happy side of hardcore I would look at www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk

Some stuff is trancy most of the BB stuff but they seem to be sticking to a lot of the happy stuff.

whens the last time theres been a decent happyhardcore event
in the u.k
theres plenty of hardcore events where dj's might play 1 or 2 hhc tunes
and at slammin vinyl u never see a happyhardcore room oh no
oldskool, hardcore, drum and bass and garage but no happyhardcore.
ah well hardcore's just as good

im taking it you don’t go raving at all m8, or you don’t really come from the uk. or your taking the p1ss but i dont fink you are.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."
Charco well said!!!

Dream-Scape come on hardcore, HOW old do u have 2 be to get in a rave ?

Bonkers forever
Simon Hardcore never died and it never will.
The hardcore room at slammin is HHC. And if you don't think there's a fan base just look how many members there are on this website alone!!!!

Sy.

DJ Mouse and just think how many ppl go on this site,let alone those who have registered

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
virus
quote:
happy hardcore has NEVER left, never will.

Did you know that happy hardcore record sales were up 400% for the year ending 1996? If these trends continue... A-y-y-y!

DJ Mouse from when? the year before?

DJ Mouse
Annex when i read a post that has anything to do with the death of hardcore.. my heart skips a beat...

SO STOP SCARING ME!! *cries*

hardcore will NEVA die! ;)

(oi btw mouse! nice avatar/icon dealy ;)
joltzy is that a promo track. that stop it your scarring me

miss-mitzi theres no need to worry as u all know happy hardcore is alive and well and livin in our stereos in our cars and obviously on our decks!! it will only die if we let it! and are we gonna........?????

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
StrifeII trance doesn't suck, because it sounds good on 45!!

Hardcore Will Never Die
Charco happy hardcore FOREVER!!!

happythoughts hey.

I guess i am one of those new fans who recently got into hardcore, because of its mix with hard house & trance, which I have been into for the past 5-6 years. I only got introduced to it through my boyfriend about six months ago, and I am now in love with it completely.

I just went to Vibealite this weekend, and had such a magical time. I am extremely happy that I got introduced to a whole new & unknown world of electronic music (for me - as all my mates always despised hhc & hardcore, and only listened to dnb/trance/house), cuz I was getting a little bored with the slow beats and wanted something fast, fun & good. And hell, i have found it!

so cheers....and i am here to keep it alive!!

:)

Rza_2002 maybe it did die, but its certainly coming back, just recently i realised [at 17] that i really missed the only happy hardcore tunies i used to listen to at follies [nightclub type thing] a good 4/5 years ago ... so whether its died or not, in my eyes, happy hardcore will forever be the number 1 genre of music

Weird Fish Happy Hardcore never died!!!
'Cause we've kept it alive.........

Just yesterday I saw Mental Theo's new video "Stars2002" on TMF, a HHC remix of stars. It's been a long time since I've seen a HHC tune on a Musicchannel and realized then, that it's really coming back...for real
And I guess it's coming better and faster then ever!!!!!

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!
INNOVATE BONKERS LIVES!! HAPPY HARDCORE IS NOT DEAD - JUST A LUL THATS ALL....

Respect is due!
Charco it will never die!!!!

Atlas
quote:
Hardcore didn't really die, there was enough core people to keep it alive from about 96-2000 (the dark ages of hardcore)... but there is a new generation of hardcore lovers now and 2002 and beyond is going to be massive!

Lets hope so silver..........

I dont think Hardcore has died..............more like morphed into different styles like trancecore and breakcore, which are kinda starting to get some attention..............but how can hardcore die when theres so many hardcore people?

Keep it alive folks!

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."
Midway_raver "breakcore, trancore, happy hardcore!!" its confusing why break it off in2 sub genres when its all HARDCORE!!!!! it pisses me rite off sorry but when i listen to a tape i dnt think " ahh yes a nice bit off 4/4 kick core" i think HARDCORE, same when i listen to a diff style...stop breaking it up in2 sub genres coz thats wotz bad 4 da scene!!!! And it creates h8az look at gabber and happy hardcore?:S if we'd av classed it all as hardcore thered av never been a divide or nuffink

Annex heh
well... i know what you mean, cuz i get frustrated with all the differant classifications myself

but...some... well, lol

i mean, i think the distinction between gabber and happy hardcore is there, very rightfully..

though i utterly sympathise

cuz honeslty, i don't even know half the break off genres, it's one of the many things i'm trying to learn, so i dunt sound too dumb ;)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling
dr smiley NOT A CHANCE I WONT LET IT IM ONLY 12 BUT HAPPY HARD CORE WILL NEVER DIE IN MY HEART KEEP DANCIN

Midway_raver I accept that gabber and happy hardcore r very different but i don't think there shud b a kinda divide becoz alot of people who r in2 gabber slag down happy hardcore, and i think the diff genres liek gabber and hardcore shud all b caned in the hardcore room at events and give the ravers alot of hardcore under one name so they get a journey thru the different styles, much liek Hysteria did when they played jungle, hardcore and techno in teh same room.

DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by R@viNg LoOnAtic:
Happy Hardcore never died!!!
'Cause we've kept it alive.........

Just yesterday I saw Mental Theo's new video "Stars2002" on TMF, a HHC remix of stars. It's been a long time since I've seen a HHC tune on a Musicchannel and realized then, that it's really coming back...for real
And I guess it's coming better and faster then ever!!!!!

but they must make quality i think its crap.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Weird Fish Yes...I kinda think that too...
But it ain't that crappy...well it actually is...I liked it...but I was disappointed cause I
expected like really happy tunes...and what I got was a trancy mix of it...
I mean I got to agree the guy started a bit off.....no, really off, but I think he'll
get there eventually...well, I hope he will, 'cause he can make goods...

Annex Midway i'd say that's fair :)

i think we need to cut down some of the silly sub classifications, just cuz it gets silly....

and minimize the rival spawning ones.... but even better yet
as you where alluding to...

just get more of it in the same room....
advretise one room of yer venue as 'hardcore'
have happycore sets, n gabber sets, n small sets, n tall sets, sets of differant shapes and sizes, sets of... i can't think of a rhyme

it's a matter of getting ppl together, who will all enjoy a variety of styles

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling
Don Giovanni
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:
stop breaking it up in2 sub genres coz thats wotz bad 4 da scene!!!!

I get what u mean. But sub genres and newer genres aren’t made intentionally. It is a natural thing for humans to do, classify differences so we can better pinpoint them and explain/describe them to others. As sounds evolve and change in a genres new ones just grow. Not like someone says, oh lets make up a thing called trancecore and then went and did it...a new sound developed so a name was given to it that best described what it was.

BUT I do agree with u. This hatred between genres is STUPID…not only between hardcore genres but all other forms of electronic music. What got me into the rave seen was partly the idea of unity and togetherness. PARTIES NEED VARIETY. Mix it up play different styles in the same room. We still manage to do it here in Winnipeg all the time (although efforts are made by some against this. There are so many varieties of music to enjoy, stupid to keep them segregated so people can't discover what the other styles have to offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ Fishy I WAS SADDENED AND HURT WEN I READ THIS POST , HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE IT MAY STAY UNDERGROUND BUT WHO CARES THE FEELING IS STILL THERE AND IT IS ONLY GETTIN STRONGER THERE R SO MANY YOUNG NEW HAPPYHARDCORE DJS SPRINGING UP ,THE HAPPYCORE RENNAISANCE HAS BEGUN MY FREINDS

Dj Fishy
Brian K my eyes were saddened & hurt when i tried to read your reply to this topic =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
sammypoohuk like someone has as there signature "hardcore hasnt died........its just takin a litttle nap!!!!!!" credits to whoevas that is!!

SaMmY
Charco it hasn't, never will, not in a million years,
is it going to die?
hmmmm no, no, no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!!!!
NEVER!!!!
We will stick together, it lasted 20 so years, ALOT longer than any pop music, who is to say it isnt as stong as ever?
It was pridected last year that hhc will come back BIG time by the middle of this year, well, that turns out to be true,
Everywhere is playing it now, happy happy days!

So, whoever says it is "dead" either doesnt know what hhc is, or hasnt been out and about for a ween 'a' years

**Long live hhc, and all those who strive to hear/ play it **

miss-mitzi how can it die when we r keepin it alive?

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
Charco

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!- - - END OF STORY!!!!!

**BOUNCEY BOUNCEY**

Atlas aaaallllright............about that sub-genre thing...............i admit that it would be easier to just classify it all as hardcore.....but i think theres a few of us (like myself) that just think thats like saying everykind of electronic music is techno........which most non-electronists refer to it as. I just get pissed off at those ****s that say gabber and happy hardcore is the same, WRONG! it is not! just like trancecore and happycore arent the same............to be truthful,yes, the sub-genres are silly, but there here,and we cant go back cuz it'll just get sillier.....mabye we should define the lines between sub-genres a little better or somthing...........hardcore is (i think) the youngest genre of electronic music out there. Its so versitile and creative that people are experimenting with it (and always will). Would it be fair to those people that create a new kinda music based from the foundation of hardcore to just classify it as hardcore, even though its totaly different.

the point: we can classify trancecore,breakcore,and happycore as hardcore, because they are..........but to just call them all hardcore is ignorant, and i will have no part in it.

Agent_Double_EE Happy Hardcore's been around too long to let it die, the good always gets better!!! It's not that big here but its always around....One promotion group makes sure its played in a room at least once at thier events, this board is total proof its not dead. Who could kill something SO happy :)

Midway_raver NOW im hurt and offended! It wudnt be ignorant to class them all as hardcore and play them in the same room, it wud be SENSIBLE.....imagine this: "Friday nite u paid £25 for slammin, u walk in and ur greated by 7 doorways and u wanna c Sy, mark Eg Vibes, Producer, Sharkey, hellfish and Hixxy..... Then u look a lil closer n realise there all in diff arenas with diff titles of genre, so u have 2 walk in and out of arenas all nite when u shud b able to see them all in teh hardcore room" U see my point now....Classification is good ins ome ways i.e hardcore, punk rock, hard house etc , but to take a scene and say so what u liek n say Gabber Happy Hardcore and free form and have sum1 say u cnt liek all 3, wudnt it b much weasier to say i liek rave? or i liek hardcore.

Charco a point well made

Atlas sorry if i hurt or offended anyone, twas not intentional. i get carried away sometimes.................i guess its a matter of opinion when it comes down to it..........I think ill just say i like hardcore techno an leave it at that.........trancecore an all those other "cores" will be for who ever want to get confused by them which i can say i now have been.

whatever floats your boat

It took 2.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page