Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Has he lost his hardcore?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
miss-mitzi ok so i have just read that vinylgroover has "washed his hands of hardcore"......? can this really be true?he says that the scene died out in 1995 anyway??.... hmm! maybe mr Attrill should come an check out happyhardcore.com ay!!

I only smile cos i dont know wot the hell is goin on!!!
DiamondDog Well, he's been making rather bad hardhouse records for a while now, but I'm sure he'll come running back when hardcore gets popular again.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.
miss-mitzi possibly ....mayb he shoul remember it was us who put him where he is now?!! wasnt he voted top dj few years bak? well .... i do agree his taste in music has kinda got mixxed up!!! ....................

miss-mitzi maybe it is infact a cloned vinylgroover!!! He still looks x actly the same (bout 12 years old!!)

DJ CURLY f*** him if he comes back to hardcore
he cant go away and then just return as if nothing has happened

" when ya dont know where to go and lifes kinda slow ya gotta hit the raves and let your body lose control release the tension the pressure is high roll with the flow get high on the ride"
miss-mitzi but that is exactly wot he can do dreamscape2002

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
Brian K if he does come back, meh, i pretty much boycotted most of his latter production anyway.
if he's gone he's gone, let him do what he wants to do. why talk about old shit =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
Simon HAHAHAHAHAHAH He has made some really really bad House tunes for the last couple of years!!!!

I do think he turned his back on us but he did give us some great tunes such as elevate - Virtual Dreams
I love that tune.

Sy.

miss-mitzi wot do u wanna talk about the Brian k?

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
Midway_raver hehehe...them hard house trax were really bad, ( god knows how they got on hard house nation 1 2 n 3 n stuff, oh yeha i remeber coz hard house is bad)Dreamscape2002?(wotz dat all bout)?Am i just missing a joek or is dreamscape bak? heheh im slow but leave me alone i been smoking wi vmy ex gf all nite n b4 dat got drained of all my testosterone:D

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
silver I don't think he is coming back... but if he did it would be good for hardcore, I don't care where he has been his tunes are still class.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DJ Pathfinder and when are the world of obsesion classics comming out?

You can't see me,because i am the future.
StrifeII i couldnt believe it when i heard that he had left, hes like my favourite DJ, and hes gone and pissed off to hard house, it just doesnt make sense, why do all the good happy hardcore DJ's go to different genres?

Slipmatt : Garage
DNA : Hip hop
Vinylgroover : Hard House

It just doesnt add up!!!

Hardcore Will Never Die
pacman yeah but a majority of them are still producing.... and more new producers are up and filling the gaps.

vinylgroover was class indeed and imo his coming back to hardcore would be very good!!!!

but really.... it's not like the scene can't cope without him. props to all those who are hardcore to the bone ;P

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
DiamondDog Slipmatt now plays hardhouse, not garage, but he still plays old skool sometimes and is still wicked at it.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.
No Left Turn i'm sure they all go to where the money leads them

-Donny
manic From what I have heard of Vinylgroover, I like it, all the happyhard shit that is. It's a shame that vinylgroover has chosen another genre, but, that's his choice and I'm sure it gives someone else a chance to produce their talent.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.
miss-mitzi thats it it all comes down to money .... but i still think he is a class dj ..... an if he decides to come back one day i will forgive him

virus his new stuff sounds more like trance then hardhouse to me..

miss-mitzi well mayb its hard-trance-house!!!!! my personal oppinion is that he is (was) a spot on happy hardcore dj an i dont think that the tunes he is knocking out now are half as good as what he has done in the past... but he obviously doesnt enjoy the music any more so good luck to him!

DJ STYLUS Hey I can forgive him cus he has given me some funky shit!!!! Wham Bam is a really Fked up tune, thats why i luv it SOOOO much, also rainfall down is anotha wierd classic!!! U cant h8 him unless u r a shameful pop luva!!!

I don't wanna see any of you walkin', U'd betta be runnin'. . .
Luna C I do not know Vinylgroover well enough to tell you his motives...but I will say a few things about this topic.
1) If you are a musician full time, its hard to pay the bills. If you are a plumber and you dont have enough money, it is unlikely you will decide to become a doctor. Likewise, if you cannot survive on Hardcore alone, then maybe you have to try something else to pay the way, and you are more likely to succeed in another genere, than another career. Its not all about money, but you gotta have food on the table, eh?
2) It can get boring doing the same job everyday - its no different for musicians.
3) It doesn't matter if he leaves...It matter's whether he is truly Hardcore or not...and only he knows that...

BaDBoY Well, In My Oppinion Vinylgroover Wasnt That Good A Dj..
He Was "ok".. if You Ask Me His true Talents Lie In His Music Production..
He Was A KickAss Producer !!

He Is Now Doin Acid Trance And Hard Dance.. I Dont Think He Has Given up On Hardcore, Jus.. As Luna - C Sed.. If You Are A Producer You Go Where The Money Takes You, Especially If Music Is your Only Source Of Income.
I Think No Matter What Genre he turns His Hand To He Will Churn out Some Top Class Choons.. But His Home Will ALWAYS Be With The Hardcore Scene !

Badboy.
miss-mitzi yeah i couldnt of said it better my self luna c. its just a waste really i suppose theres new hhc dj's bein born all the time, an im sure it wasnt payin the bills 4 a while but thinkin about it .... can any1 really lose their hardcore...... surely not!!! lets hope he comes bk with the mother of all hhc!!!!!!!

Midway_raver Does anyone liek his WISHING ON A STAR track........? i thinks its coola nd cheesy n a decent trak but it has nearly caused me to cry in my early days of mixing hardcore lol ( i no thats jst me being shit ) but neway i thinks it a class tune i jst cant never remeber hearing it played neware?

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
SuperHenke
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:
Does anyone liek his WISHING ON A STAR track........?

I love that tune..

miss-mitzi raaah! wikkid choon!! i forgot bout that one........ *wonders if she still has it*

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
silver I play it on the radio on this site.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Simon Yeah maybe HHC dj's are being born all the time but are HHC producers being born all the time and if so can they match the excedingly good quality that Vinylgroover was producing? I think not possibly some but who knows I still think we lost a great producer and it's a shame.

Sy.

Annex *nods* i agree we did lose a great producer

but i mean, i gotta respect his decision
he spent his time with us, gave us some wicked choons....
and hey, it's all good :)

long as he's doin what makes him happy :)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling
miss-mitzi i doubt he will come bk
if he doesnt like the music any more and his heart aint in it then he wouldnt b givin his best anyway so cya vinylgroover (at least i still got his tapes from way bk!!!)

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
DiamondDog I've heard Vibes play 'wishing on a star', it's quality.

miss-mitzi who is tommy kirkwood and lynne??????????????????????????????????????

DiamondDog It's a quote from Charlie B in the middle of Slipmatt's set at Dreamscape 20, I'm not sure why I've got it as my signature though..

I believe Tommy Kirkwood was a photographer for Dream magazine at the time.

miss-mitzi aaah now i c!

ill have 2 find the tape now!!!

DiamondDog It's a quality tape, Slipmatt's set is spot on.

miss-mitzi so tape it 4 me then!!!!

DJ Pathfinder illigal taping is killing music :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.

It took 2.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page