Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bang/Nimrod/Blaze/Stealth/Oblivion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
tpz ok, ok....right, im kinda new here, i love the songs and evrythin, but i got no idea about the names of albums to look out for. does bang/nimrod/blaze/stealth/oblivion have any albums that feature all their songs? i hate havin to keep d/ling em, and i really wanna get em all, plz help

*May the force be with you*

Hard2Get Well you could get them on vinyl, from www.imorecords.com or www.nexgeneration.co.uk. For songs by Stealth/Oblivion/Bang you should get 'ABSOLUTE HARDCORE 3'. As for Blaze & Nimrod you will have to get them on vinyl as you cannot get them on CD at the moment. For Nimrod try http://www.hecttechrecords.co.uk/. For Blaze try www.imorecords.com .

DJ STYLUS DONT GET ABSOLUTE HARDCORE 3 ON VINYL. I got both the cd and vinyl (and the vinyl DONT have any bang tracks on!!!, the cd does, but shit mixes).. If u r looking for stealth check out blatant beats, Bang is NextGeneration, Nimrod is Hettech (I think thats right), Blaze is masterwax (From wot i know of), Oblivion (I aint got a clue).....

....Listen to the LOGO side of see me climb!!! Best track (mayb)!!

...AVOID Cloudy dayz (Especialy flip side!!!)

Also wasnt this my topic name????

You'll Always Be The Love Of My life
-------------------The Love Of My life
You'll Always Be The One That I Want
---------------And Im Missing You Baby!
Hard2Get Oblivion - Oblivion is on Next Gen LP Sampler #3.

Oh and btw what's wrong with cloudy Daze? It's good, and i'm shure most people would agree with me :)
tpz ok, ok, its all good, except one thing.......you may think this to be a stupid question, but i am new here.....

what the hell is vinyl?? everything else is clear to meh, except that......

silver Vinyl = record

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Lixx
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:

...AVOID Cloudy dayz (Especialy flip side!!!)

Undisputable proof that this kid has problems :P
-Lixx

Hard2Get LOL :)

DJ STYLUS Yeah I got a problem stupid fat asses like your good self!!!! CLOUDY DAYZ IS SHIT!!! Especially the original....Opinions are opinions,

DJ STYLUS Anyway I own cloudy dayz..so i can say wot the fuk i like about it!!!!!! Another problem...they could of easy fitted it on a 7" And the difference between the two versions are very miniscule!!!!So say wot u like I h8 this track (But i like most of Nick Arnolds ova stuff especially shine a light!)

Amber-Jade Hmm.. that was a bit extreme.
Northants, you really do sound like a 12 year old sometimes... although I'm not overkeen on Cloudy Daze either...

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik
DJ STYLUS Oh let me get this straight right.....

...I get told i got problems cus i dislike a song, and im suppose to take that shit!!!.....I thought this site was bassed upon freedom of speach la de da!!!! when people ask wot tracks to listen to and avoid, i tell em!!!! But hey i've had it here aswell c u guyz someova time!!!! =(

silver North: You do sound like a 12 year old because you react to anything anyone says and you argue if someone else doesn't think like you.

Use your brain before you post and you don't act all UK bad boy.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Amber-Jade Yeah, you can say what you like as long as it doesn't offend others

Oh, and I see that you edited that message ...

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik
Underloop hmmmmm, I know that music can be very emotional, but guys, just chill lol. You in your corner, and you in yours lol

Matthew aka Cyclone/Underloop
--------------------------
"Wait a minute, thats not the Monsterometer, its the Frog Exagerator"
DJ STYLUS Let me just see...So u dont think being told u got problems cus u dislike a song is not slightly offensive in any wayz???? hmmmm

Anyways lets take a breather and end this topic NOW!!!

Also Amber the reason why i editited my message is cus i know when im wrong and i woz out of order so I take back wot i said!!!! (Taking Notes)

...Now I feel so pure!!
Lixx
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:
Let me just see...So u dont think being told u got problems cus u dislike a song is not slightly offensive in any wayz???? hmmmm

It would be offensive if I meant it to be offensive. I was just kidding around, but I guess as we've seen you don't really read posts carefully enough to see that. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, you should just realize we aren't merely trying to push ours' around and neither should you. This board is for discussing music not turning it into personal flame wars because we can't agree which song we rate more. Personally I think the Ham mix of Cloudy Daze is an amazing song and I still spin it a lot, but lets leave it at that.
-Lixx

DJ Mouse ^^ well said m8, forums are about agreeing and disagreeing,but now about starting any rivalry about it. ok so someone likes a song and someone doesn't,just leave it at that. peace :)

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
zazzy Hey what do u ppl think of that "oblivion" tune? heard it yesterday and thought it was crap...no feeling in it what so ever...or is it jus me?
oh and I'm not trying to stir shit, jus thinkin what u think of it :)
Nick of Blaze! Firstly, I've been away on holiday so my apologies if I've missed a topic I should have responded too. If there is one, then point me to it and I'll reply.

OK, Oblivion.

This was always a difficult track. I wrote it, lived with it for a month, toyed with it, liked it, didnt like it, then finally, proof was in the pudding, I recorded it with Jo.

It had "something" but I didnt know what. It's one of those tracks you like or you don't simple, there's no middle of the road.

Anyway, after it was written and I had the initial demo, I played it to Next Gen and they liked it, but they agreed, it wasnt a Bang! or Stealth track, so it went out as Oblivion, by, Oblivion on BB.

(Actually, it was suppose to be Oblivvion, but that got lost along the way!)

So there you have it, a slight misfit, but I hear it still gets played, and some people do like it. Is it one of the best tunes I've written? Probably not, but Ive written worse!

Maybe a compilation featuring the WORST of happy hardcore.

Anyway, I hope there's other stuff of mine that you like and cheers for the feedback.

Nick.

Lusive Nick: You dont have to justify anything, you have given so much to happy hardcore!

In the same way Force and Styles shaped the sound in 95/96 you did it in 97-99. As far as i can tell you have had a huge influence on the direction of happy hardcore.

Sure, you may have released a track that was slightly out of bang's character, but you have also made tracks so so close to perfection its not funny.

So as for feedback, take some thats had some thought behind it instead of a 2 second opinion.

please keep doing what it is you do, i look forward to your releases, and god dammnit come to Australia

ps. stop throwing sand kiddies

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |
Nick of Blaze! Cheers bud, and I really appreciate what you say.

But I swear I'm never offended by constructive criticism like that, or someone questioning a track. I don't ever have a problem with that at all, and its perfectly acceptable that some tunes people like and some they don't.

Mind you I had to laugh at the flip side of Cloudy Daze comments, that was actually my remix! LOL... I always said remixing isnt my thing. Luna C said to me once, "You write absolutely superb songs and great music, but your beats are f*cking sh*te!"

Critique indeed!

Don't ever think I take offence at a criticism about my tracks, it's all part of the game.

Cheers though, it's the nutz to be appreciated once in a while.

Nick.

DJ Pathfinder oblivion is deffenly not the worst happyhardcore track i can easy on a best off.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
zazzy Nick: Like sum1 said, u dont have to justify urself or ur tunes to anyone. Being the man who made my favourite happy hardcore tune (shooting star) I do know u write sum absolutely wicked tunes! :)

When I said that Oblivion tune was "crap"..well I ment it, but said it prolly too harsly..maybe sumthing like "not good" would have been better (sorry, I'm pretty sick atm so this post might not make any sense..hahaha)..I dont HATE it, but it's not my thing. I can see that workin on crowd and being played but it's not a tune I'd buy. Like I said, I didn't have any feeling...to me.:)

And like u said it wasn't Bang! or Stealth stuff so that might explain why it didn't work for me :)

Well, jus wanted to clear sum things up ....

keep those tunes comin! :) :)

Join the mailing list:
[email protected]

interviews, music and STUFF!!!
No Left Turn what IS the difference between Bang!/Blaze!/Nimrod/Stealth anyway? it looks like Bang! and Stealth are owned by Next Gen so Blaze! and Nimrod were made for Hecttech. same song writer, same vocalist, why the different names? i guess this goes for other dj's who have 20 different names (*ahem* Brisk), too. well... dj's can write so many different kinds of tracks and have a different name for any sort of style. but we all know jo's voice and nick's writing... so... ?

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com
Nick of Blaze! OK, I will clarify this because it's been asked a few times now in various places, and hopefully, it can be referred to in future rather than having to repeat.

Firstly, Bang!, Stealth and Oblivion.
These names are owned by myself in full, and only I have the right to allow others to use them. Next Generation under a now expired Agreement have the right to use the names in relation to the Master Recordings supplied under that Agreement on a non exclusive basis.

Blaze! and Nimrod are also owned by myself (and my company MidexProductions.com). Master Wax and HectTech Records have the right to use these names in conjunction with the tracks we license to them, for exploitation.

The remixed/adapted versions of all my songs released on Next Generation and Blatant Beats, are their property. However the actual copyright to all these works belongs to me. EXCEPT "See Me Climb (Magic Carpet Ride)" which is jointly owned by MidexMusic.com/Next Generation Music Publishing).

The remixed/adapted versions of "Shooting Star" by Flip & Fill belong to All Around The World Records, however the actual copyright to the song itself belongs to myself and MidexMusic.com (my publishing company).

Thats the technical/legal bit, now the reason behind it.

I decided to lay to rest Bang! & Stealth mainly because I wanted to open up the songwriting to my music partner and business partner Chris. Also, we're now using a few different vocalists, and Bang! especially, was me and Jo's "baby", so it should really remain that way.

So that's why I started again. Bang! will always be special and we're going to be doing a Bang! album in the near future, but for the time being, it's a new start.

Mind you, Jo always wanted to record Cloudy Daze, (the previous version was performed by Donna Grassie) so a new Blaze! release will be Jo's version of this track out very soon. Stay tuned because everyone who's into recording/producing happy hardcore music will have a chance to remix this track using Jo's bare vocals and be featured on the B-side to this great release as well as getting a professional remix fee.

I do hope that clears things up. Please don't write to me asking for any more info on this subject as for legal and confidentiality reasons, I can't say more than has been said above.

Cheers guys.

Nick.

No Left Turn ^^ WOW! that helps. :)

-Donny / No Left Turn
Lixx Wow, what is the general consensus on Oblivion? I personally love that tune a lot; or should I say, I think Ham did an absolutely amazing job with his mix(kinda sounds like he nicked the groovy part from U Belong To Me but I don't care). It always seemed to have something extra special about it, maybe the ambigious happy/haunting vocals or just maybe the fact that it doesn't have the flow of an average vocal tune. However I can't really listen to more than a few measures of the Brisk mix before I have to staple my ears shut (man what was he smoking when he did that?). I'm curious to hear what you guys think, cause I've always rated the tune. Also Nick, do you know what happened to the "You R My Sunshine" tune which used the Cloudy Daze vocals and was originally slated for release on KF 50? I'm just interested in what Luna-C would've done with those vocals it seeing as he's usually so anti-cheesy
-Lixx

Nick of Blaze! Hiya bud!

I think you're talking about the Survivor track by T-Bone. We was just testing the waters really with that one, trying out a mix or two.

Cheers

Nick.

Hard2Get I personally love the Ham mix of Oblivion, and Cloudy Daze :)

No Left Turn nick, i noticed that blaze! and nimrod are both using jo as the vocalist and that you were saying you were saying you were bringing in new vocalists. are the new vocalists gonna be springing new groups or will they be falling under blaze!/nimrod? also what are your reasons for having multiple group names?

-Donny / No Left Turn
Nick of Blaze! Hiya bud...
yes new vocalists under the blaze!/Nimrod names because of reason above.

reason for new names as above.

Cheers

Nick

virus that "survival" track by tailbone did come out on happy hardcore fever #4? i think it was.. i think other the like 10 promo copies that came out on KF (i also think), that was the only place it was released

Brian K yup it was number 4

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
Midway_raver I got my copy of shine a light yesterday from Promo records in Burton, both tracks are remixes, where can i find the original mix 2 compare the trax. Both remixes are phat as fcuk:D But that phosphur remix:D wow what a TUNE!!!!!!!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
CDJay Ok, now I get my say (!)

Heh.

Favorite Bang! related tracks:

Shooting Star ( all mixes ), Break of Dawn ( Brisk & Scott Brown mixes ), Give me a Reason (Ham mix ), Love Life & Happiness ( can't remember which mix I prefer ), Survival, Shine a Light ( Touching Down mix ), Crazy Little Fingers ( Phosphor remix )

Least favorite Bang! related tracks

Flower needs the rain, Hyperspace, 'Til the Day

Oblivion is a gr8 track IMO :)

I really don't understand what happened with KF050, I have a copy complete w/ Cloudy Days vox, on vinyl, and it is indeed on Happy Hardcore Fever 4 ( must own CD BTW ). I guess this is a subject better suited to the KF forum, I've got a lot of mixed info TBH.

I like the way u've slyly revealed the next Blaze track, very nice heh.

Wot happened to Donna Grassie anyway? Brilliant vocalist, some 1 get her back doing vox for hardcore again plz!

Aaaanyway, iz question time, this Bang! album, will it be a co-operative effort featuring material from the Next-Gen/BB, Hecttech & Masterwax labels? Is it still planned to do an extended PA?

Gr8 stuff, I'm sure I had a point but it's eluding me at this stage, so I'll just stfu eh? ;)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "
Nick of Blaze! Alright geeze!

hehehe yeah Hyperspace wasn't the strongest, I do agree with that. The reason it passed the test was because just about everyone else thought it was banging.

There is a story behind KFA 050, and if you know it, then let's not broadcast it. Believe me , it's all water underneath the bridge.

Cloudy Daze/ Blaze!: Well bearing in mind I didnt want to overshadow the CLF release with this news too much. CLF is a great release, and to start going on about the next one before this ones out isnt a good idea. However, it isnt much of a secret, we announced this on our www.vocalfactory.com site quite a while ago (May 5th I think), so it's not "new" news really. Theres even a few people from here already on the project! Good luck to you BTW!

Donna Grassie and I unfortunately lost touch, she was a superb vocalist, but I work much better with Jo.

As for the album, I don't think it will include NG/BB mixes, they have enough to do an entire double album! I've always said they should. Besides that, I will be re-recording most of the vocals again to freshen them up a bit and add new harmonies and stuff, so that even Shooting Star will feel a bit different. Let's face it, Shooting Stars been remixed now far too much. Unfortunately I have little (if any) control over how many more times NG can release/remix it. However as the writer, I'll give it a serious kick up da ass when we do it again one day.

The PA, well yes, we had a number of people saying they could help, and we're still working on it. Stay tuned.

Cheers bud!

Nick.

spry just thought id let ya know that i finally got myself a copy of shine a light the other day. yay for me!

CDJay Nice1 Nick.

How do you feel about the Bang! remix of "12 Midnight" BTW?

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "
Nick of Blaze! Absolutely nowt to do with me that. All Hams work. A decision I shouldn't really have agreed to in all honesty. I sort of went along with it because it seemed ok at the time.

Mind you, I never turned down the £100 for using my band name. My apologies if that's disappointing to some people.

It wont happen again.

Nick

It took 2.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page