Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 what for mixer does everybody have

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Pathfinder a continiue of a previous topic but fun to know.

i have the dateq xtc a hell of a mixer.

Edited by - DJ Pathfinder on 12 Oct 2001 13:50:28
SorceryKid Gemini PMX-25.

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out when these things were made (I bought mine second hand off eBay), but I'd estimate the late 80s. I like this mixer cuz its small and rugged (built like a tank), and is very fully featured for less than $100. Too bad they've been discontinued.

--Randall
DJ Mouse mine's a no namer,a maplin sm-3090 v
it's 19",got 10 channels + dj mic, eq, echo (but it's s**t), kinda old now though,had it given to me so i'm not complaining

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
djstorm VESTAX PMC-06-PROA
best mixer ive ever had - really smooth faders - semi optical fader had it over a year and still hasnt worn out - great EQ

storm
dj-efeks atm i got a gemini ps 900, its ok, fader is a bit dodgy, had to replace it 3 times in a year... but soon im gettin a pioneer djm-600 =>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
djmonoxide I have a numark dm1000x i personaly think the crossfader sucks but im gettin a new one

A little Happy never hurt anybody!
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by djmonoxide:

I have a numark dm1000x i personaly think the crossfader sucks but im gettin a new one

i had the numark 2000 x but im also not satisfide with the faders .
thats the reason that i have the dateq now.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
aznwasian hahaha. I have the worst mixer in the world. Amerivan DJ audio! HAHAHAAHAHA!!! it sucks so bad. its all broken and ish.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
milo nother notch for the numark 2000x having a crappy x-fader. but i like the pitch level nobs, volume is good to if not a little loose feeling.

"It's all good..."
SorceryKid Hey, aznwasian, I really shouldn't be prejudiced, but I've always had this gut feeling that anything American DJ is inferior quality. Am I wrong for avoiding this brand? Just curious

--Randall
SorceryKid Some of you here may already remember how the Gemini UMX-9 is my dream mixer. Well, today I decided to call a retailer about buying one. When I asked for the price, tho, he warned me that I shouldn't buy it because it's already been discontinued! Um does anyone know what's going on about that?! This was Gemini's top of the line mixer -- barely out for a year even! Is this true?

--Randall
Heist American DJ- not sure what kind.
3 channel eqs with 100% kill. Kill switches. Club style cuing (Cue/pgm fader)
2 channels. Its good but the crossfader and the headphone slot are a bit rooted

www.mp3.com/djheist
Sander I have the dateq lpm 7.3, only no crossfader so not good for (happy) hardcore

-------------
* Ok gabbers from Italy and Holland, it's time for a ******* war, so join the army of hardcore and clap your hands to this *
happyraveruk Gemini BPM 250

3 channels, bpm = loada rubbish - bpm counter is not at all helpful. use your ears!!!

i'm happy with it, until i can afford a better one.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.
**kat_mage** I dont have one

**kat_mage** WICCA ROX!!!!

Lixx Gemini PS 626 Pro 2. Haven't had much experience with it yet but so far it's really easy to use, has 3 channels, good rotary eq's, and it was under $120. If I had more money to spend I probably would've gone with the vestax PCV-275 (god that machine is sexy), I love the split-cue option. My friend is getting a pioneer djm-500 or 600 and is selling his vestax PMC-07PRO for $500 (i'm guessing the price is somewhat flexible, but it goes for like $800 new). It needs a new x-fader but besides that it's in good shape (I've used it, great for mixing hardcore and newbie dj's). Go to 123dj.com to check it out. He lives in Northern California, let me know if anyone's interested.
-Lixx

jer-h I'm currently using a Numark 2000x. The crossfader's not very good and you can't adjust it, but I like the channel fades. It's got these 2 blinking lights next to the cross fader. They're supposed to be beatmatching lights, but all they are is annoying.

Jeremy

djmonoxide
quote:
Originally posted by jer-h:

I'm currently using a Numark 2000x. The crossfader's not very good and you can't adjust it, but I like the channel fades. It's got these 2 blinking lights next to the cross fader. They're supposed to be beatmatching lights, but all they are is annoying.

Jeremy

another slam on numark's cross faders

Brian K we'll they aren't very good =P you have to go nearly half way over on the fader to scratch. they also have a tendency to bleed quiet readily too =/ *SLAM* =P

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
plasma looks like I'm spoiled.I'm using a pioneer 500.

It's ok to be drunk before noon.
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by plasma:

looks like I'm spoiled.I'm using a pioneer 500.

is that the mixer where you cahn sample loops?

plasma naw,the 500 doesnt have that option,the 600 has that. it's a nice option,but not worth the $.

DJ Pathfinder dave clarke can do nice things with that option

DJ STYLUS My mixer is a Citronic CDM 5:2

And my direct decks are also Citronics

These are my decks but mine are called PD-1 (the only difference is that mine don't play in reverse)

I got these on Sunday 18th November 2001.

You light up another cigarette
And I pour the wine
It's four o'clock
In the morning
And it's starting
To get light
DJ Pathfinder and what do you find of it?

DJ STYLUS I'm only really a begginer, it don't have much fuctions on it, but the sound is brilliant, cause I got it hooked up to an amp and my DENON stereo. But the mixer and decks do what I want it to do for the time, (Scratch, Merge, Punch and Kill the sound on records, so yeah i'm quite pleased with 'em, also they are not belt driven, which is good (belt drives are SHIT!!)

You light up another cigarette
And I pour the wine
It's four o'clock
In the morning
And it's starting
To get light
DJ Pathfinder good to hear :)

dj chibi v don't any of you use pioneer??? that's all i'll play on... i got 2 300 at my house... i love em...

dj_snowmann i use the PIONEER DJM600, i think its the best mixer for a rave.i love the features like :

- flange
- AUTO BPM COUNTER
- AUTO BEAT SAMPLER
- • DELAY: Repeats a sound once. The user can set the delay to their desired tempo.
• ECHO: Repeats a sound several times. The user can set the echo sound to their desired tempo.
• AUTO PAN: Automatically shifts the sound to the right and left. Also capable of short auto pan sequences that would be impossible via manual operation.
• AUTO TRANS: Periodically cuts the sound.
• AUTO FILTER: Periodically varies the sound color.
• FLANGER: Periodically reproduces a sound effect resembling a jet airplane ascending and descending.
• REVERB: Reproduces a reverberating sound effect.
• PITCH SHIFTER: Allows the interval to be freely varied throughout a range of +/-1 octave. With this, the user can compensate for interval changes when using analog turntables or for tempo changes when different makers' CD players are used. Additionally, choruses can be made by employing mix ratios.

http://pioneerprodj.com/products/djm600/djm600-md.jpg[/img]

www.mksydney.com/djsnowmann

...."WANTING TO GET HIGH"....
Oli G I used to have a Numark EM260....

its the one with the khaos pad
although the kahos pad is fun for about a week.. the mixer underneeth the 300 quid you spend is a damn DM1000X
and NO it doesnt have better faders... they still b0rk after about a month.. along with the XF.. the eq is STILL to close together... the monitoring system is still good tho
but i took it back...

and got one of these babys :D

dont be fooled by the angled faders.. there very comfortable to use...
the punch buttons are funky
and the Xfader curve is damn near perfect.. you can have instant on/off for scratchin or a total slope.. or anywhere inbetween... ite a damn sweet mixer for the price

[end]

"**** Me, Hes Playing two records at the same time" - MC Sharkey
(if the above quote isnt correct.. someone update me, i typed it from memory)

silver I just picked up one of these last week:

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DJ Pathfinder BIG

Edited by - DJ Pathfinder on 27 Nov 2001 03:39:59
silver all 19" of it :)

Oli G Sweet silver...
very sweet
i saw one of those but was too expensive for me :(

SPeedY_B i gots me a Pro-8, my first mixer (been DJ'in a year this christmas \o/) does the job nicely

-(.. SPeedY_B ..)-
SorceryKid Just as an update: I finally got a replacement Gemini PMX-25 mixer off eBay. I'm much happier now, because neither the Numark nor the ADJ mixers (that I got as substitutes) met up to my expectations. I ended up selling them both... very quickly, in fact.

Also, I found out from Gemini, that they did NOT discontinue the UMX-9... nor do they have any plans to. In fact, they are marketing their UMX line harder than ever right now. Apparently, I was given complete misinformation from the salesperson at Western Starlight.... which is very upsetting to say the least.

--DJ SorceryKid
Peter_Gozenya Nope, Looks like I am the most spoiled here. Gots me a pioneer djm 600 and also as a backup i have a rane MP44. but i love my 600 especially when i am on pitched decks WOOOO HOOOO

Just cause your smart doesn't mean you can't act stupid!!!
DJ Mouse silver's mixer would be no good for me,the xfader's too far to the right,and i'm a left hand scratcher,damn near impossible for me to scratch with that unless i learn how to with my right.
don't get me wrong though, it's a wicked mixer

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Peter_Gozenya I dont know if the moderators took my post off, but I gots me a djm 600 as my primary mixer and a rane mp44 as a backup. Both top of the line mixers

Peter_Gozenya nope i'm just a dumbass and dont know how this board werks yet, obviously you put the latest post on the latest page, I'm with ya now, Sorry fer taking up space

silver Technically speaking I have 4 mixer DJ mixers actually :)

DJ Mouse i got 2,both 19",the one i use is the one i said earlier on,the other is a radio shack one,nothing special but it's got a sampler on it :)

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
DJ Pathfinder i have also two
the dateq and the numark dm 2000.

DJ Mouse could do with a smaller one though.
i need a 3 phono channel mixer with 3 band eq that's pretty cheap and lasts well,any ideas?

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Peter_Gozenya My first mixer was a 3 channel. the behringer 500 i think. Its a farily good mixer, crossfader is real nice (pannasonic) It can also withstand some abuse it also has a 12 sec. sampler. The sampler sux i think though. The channel faders are a lil slow but they are good aswell. It also has 3 band kill switches they are ok but no where near the rane's cut offs. Over all it is a good home/begginers mixer

DJ Mouse i got me the mixer i wanted
it's a gemini ps-626 pro 2
so i can use all 3 decks again

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
DJ e-Klyps I got a PCV 275. I absolutely love it, the fader is so smooth and the split cue option allows me to practise at night without annoying everyone.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
Alex_In_Wonderland I got a Gemini PMX 140 cheap when I bought my Gemini SA 600's. What can I say? It does it's job and I even use the kill switches now and again.

Alex.
djmonoxide I got the cheapest mixer ever the gemini pmx-120 only $50 what can i say im poor and i want better decks so i am saving my money for some technics

Atlas i just got the behringer dx500 off ebay. brand new. its pretty tight......the crossfader is alright but i still feel vestax is the best in that department. kill switches come in handy, and the 24 second digital sampler is fun to mess around with.

"I'm the dj, you're not, so shut the fook up and dance."
SorceryKid Alex:

Yeah, the Gemini PMX-140 is what I have. It's not bad. The only issues I have are the Cue-Pgm fader is so much louder on the cue side (I have to keep readjusting the headphone volume simply to hear the cue signal without blasting out my ears) and the channel EQ's cannot be heard in cue-mode.

But, as far as overall features for the price... it definitely rocks. I love the hamster switch and punch-in transforms. Adjustable crossfader comes in handy as well. I just wish they'd fix the cueing... then I'd be happy =)

--DJ SorceryKid
dermatitis I've been rocking with a Stanton SK2FLTD with Curve Adjustable Focus Fader.

After 8 years of destroying crossfaders this one doesn't crackle after 2 hours of heavy cutting.

I've modified mine to move some of the components into a different location to fit in my coffin. Works rather well ;>

-d

---
dave / dermatitis
e: [email protected]
w: http://dermatitis.gabber.org
pacman i got omnitronic fx280 kill-mixer..... nice for what i need it for...

does the djm600 allow you to change the pitch without changing the tempo? is that what it means?

and would you really actually use those features so much for happyhardcore.... like things like the flanger and filter you hear alot in house/breaks mixing but do you ever use this stuff for happyhard?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
Heist Aaaargh!! The ecler mixer sucks! I used it at Jaja's the last time i played there and it ate penis! Everything seems to be in exactly the wrong spot.

The Pioneer 6000m (or whatever, the big $2000 one) is the best mixer still. Nothing is designed as well as it

www.mp3.com/djheist
Oli G Har
i love my Ecler mixer.. its sweet
all the stufsf where i want it
and the angle-y faders own

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
i got me the mixer i wanted
it's a gemini ps-626 pro 2
so i can use all 3 decks again

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

yeah i mix also with 3 decks and it rocks.

PUREFM well, i thought i would put my two pennys worth in..

heres the mixer i use...

i find it quite easy to use, and its actually got a good crossfader, that doesnt crackle after a few months wear and tear !

badboy

More than jus' Good Music - www.purefm.org - Underground Radio !
HI-OCTANE Man I have the gemini bpm 250 also and the crossfader is ***** on it, how is your doing. I agree about the bpm counter, its not much.

also too any djs, I am Looking for a new mixer right now and was wondering what would be a decent investment without breaking the bank.
I spin HARD HOUSE, AND HARDCORE.

**KeeP iT Re@L**
**KeeP iT H@ppY**
**KeeP iT H@rDcOrE**
DJ Bunnyboi Piece of poop Stanton SK2F. Decent crossfader, but I would really like a 3rd or 4th channel... Likes de mixing on Pioneer DJM500 when I can.
Peas,
Austin

::MAKE EM BOUNCE::
miss-mitzi i have the same one as u djstorm

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
DJ STYLUS I got a Citronic PD-1 and CDM;5:1 Mixer.........

........I think I ansa this already???

Hook into my Denon Stack system with Twin Tape, Twin CD, Mini-Disc, MP3, Amp, Radio Tuners and Altax speakers, Also runs along with my Starburst Lazers!!! Its Ok I Suppose!

I don't wanna see any of you walkin', U'd betta be runnin'. . .
asphyxia I've just upgraded to 1210's (mk II's) but i hadda keep my old mixer. It's a cintronics MSX1, it had some bad reviews but its like my best bud seen me thru so many times! I just build my own optical x for it (ohh so sad!) but i'm well happy, i aint leavin it.... EVER!

Actually, i moded it so much its not really an msx1 anymore, its just mine :)

Danny

djyogi i got a omnitronic fx 320 its preety goood

godisadj Got a synergy 'Hybrid' mixer, not too bad but the crossfader is going. I got it from richer sounds for £99 but sometimes they sell it for £40. It's got kills on it but no punch buttons, still a good buy.

"WE'VE ALL GOT A MISSION, WE GET INTO DIFFERENT RUTS, SOME ARE THE COGS ON THE WHEELS, OTHERS ARE PLAIN NUTS!"
DJ STYLUS I got a new citronic cdm 7:2C mixer!!! Sweet!¬

....In EveryThing You Do, Your Love Shines Through.
FreakioMofo Gemini UMX 9. No complaints here.

kraz-e-kat i had a gemini ps525, but just upgraded to a VESTAX pmc25 PRO....gawd this thing is sweet!!!! the eq rotary knobs are THE BEST i've ever seen on a mixer (since started djing in late 1996). teh fader style cut switches for each eq band are incredible....the fader is really nice also...great sound! musiciansfriend.com has these on sale for 299$, i've never seen em for under 550$ until last week.

http://katpad.moonfruit.com
rkennedy I have a JB systems BEAT 4 it's not a big name but i've had it for over 2 years and the only thing thats went is the crossfadder. Beat counters are a bit on the sh** side so i just turn them off

Rock the Beat
No Left Turn i, too, have the vestax pmc 25. the analog kill switches sold me. and the huge rotary nobs add a huge fun-factor to doing eq tricks. i paid $450 for mine. the newer versions of it have new magnetic faders which have boosted the normal retail price of it to the $569 range.

-Donny
djmonoxide Wow all these expensive mixers. All I need in a mixer is a crossfader and volume faders :)

evangelion numark matrix 3

~anna

spry ive got a vestax pmc 170a, my first mixer which ive now had for 6 months. i really like it but without a sampler or any effects im starting to outgrow it i think. only 6 months till my birthday and a brand spankin new djm600 :)

spry heres the pic

Soren I have one like Spry's, but it's a different color. Vestax, don't know which one. I like it.

DJ Mouse if it's in silver it's probably the pcv 275. not a bad mixer at all but i still prefer my gemini

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
Soren Yep, it's a 275 I just looked. It's nice. My first mixer was a Gemini and the crossfader went haywire on it in like less than 2 years. Then I had a Neumark for about 4 years and I destroyed it, by the end all the knobs and switches were mostly broken off cause I hack my mixers pretty hard. So far the Vestax seems like the most solid mixer i've used. Course that's why I got it cause everyone said they are built like a tank :)

It took 3.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page