Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Is Hardstyle Hardcore?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ravine What are your thoughts. Personally i think it is hardcore because it's the even HARDER version of hard house and hard dance. Sometimes a bit of hard trance. enVias doesn't think so though.

So what are your thoughts?
Underloop No, you don't get iced buns, scones and a nice cup of tea in Hardcore, whereas you do in Hardstyle
ihaveduff Hardstyle is boring... ...
Ravine But the hard bass kicks it in your face...HARD!!!

=(
ihaveduff I find hardstyle is slow and not really interesting... prefer jumpstyle or hard trance to be honest... i'd agree that its a branch of hardcore... just not one i'm personally a fan of
bulby_g It does borrow from hardcore but it isn't a type of hardcore no.
capone13 No, it's not Hardcore. Although, these days it's sounding more and more like it, which I find a shame as I think Hardstyle has lost it's originality a bit.

People are beginning to miss the old style sound with reverse basses etc and the sound has changed a lot since the name came about around 2000, but I suppose things have to progress. At least we can all still appreciate the classic Hardstyle tracks from a few years back.

I still love most aspects of Hardstyle nowadays, and of course the old sound too.
Knightmare It's a hardtrance derivate, if I'm not mistaken.

guess some idiot decided he'd pull his bass through a noisegate and go steal old gabber samples and melodies and invent himself a new style for delussional ppl who wanna pretend they're hard shit but couldn't last an hour at a rave with real hard music.

you may have noticed... I don't like hardstyle all that much.
DJ-Pure 'Is Hardstyle HardCore?'

Well aint that the most retarded thing i have ever seen strung together, Hardstyle is Hardstyle Hardcore is Hardcore.. the in sertain ways are alike but have different tittles there for making them different also the Producing styles Speeds tones and various other asspects of each Style are different.

So in my eyes No they in no way relate to each other and in no way should be used in the same sentance.

Final thought = lol.
capone13
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:
It's a hardtrance derivate, if I'm not mistaken.

guess some idiot decided he'd pull his bass through a noisegate and go steal old gabber samples and melodies and invent himself a new style for delussional ppl who wanna pretend they're hard shit but couldn't last an hour at a rave with real hard music.

Not all Hardstylers are delussional, kinda narrow minded view there dude, I listen to Hardstyle, but I also listen to harder stuff too, but that's not important, it's about the music and not a competition of whats harder etc.

Knightmare
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
quote:

Not all Hardstylers are delussional, kinda narrow minded view there dude, I listen to Hardstyle, but I also listen to harder stuff too, but that's not important, it's about the music and not a competition of whats harder etc.

yeah, I know i shouldn't generalise but all the ppl I've met who actually like hardstyle are stuck-up little *******s who keep dissing hardcore but can't stop blabbing about how hard the latest track of this ****up or that idiot is...

Hell, I've heard a few hardstyle tracks I like myself (2, to be exact) but a lot of the releases are simply perversions of tracks from the 90's and those ppl treat it like hardstyle is the best invention since hot friggin' water and sliced bread!

it just frustrates me immencely...

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
No, you don't get iced buns, scones and a nice cup of tea in Hardcore, whereas you do in Hardstyle

Or the Okey cokey!
dee_licious I can see the advert for it now.....Some women in her fifties making a cup of tea, takes it and places it on the table with her friends around, offers them a chocolate eclair....then walks over to the MASSIVE sound system, and presses play and hardstyle comes blasting out! Closing scene, all these old biddies stomping round the kitchen table, waiting for the breakdown..........
capone13
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
quote:

yeah, I know i shouldn't generalise but all the ppl I've met who actually like hardstyle are stuck-up little *******s who keep dissing hardcore but can't stop blabbing about how hard the latest track of this ****up or that idiot is...

Hell, I've heard a few hardstyle tracks I like myself (2, to be exact) but a lot of the releases are simply perversions of tracks from the 90's and those ppl treat it like hardstyle is the best invention since hot friggin' water and sliced bread!

it just frustrates me immencely...

Yeah dude, I see where you're coming from now, you get people like that in every genre though, just the way it is.

Ravine I notice that too but i find it more prevalent with hardstyle and gabber...

I love all styles though =)
DJ-Pure I think we have been led away from the main topic some where :P
Smoogie I read somewhere that Hardstyle was Dutch Hardcore? Maybe I better log onto wikipedia again...
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I read somewhere that Hardstyle was Dutch Hardcore? Maybe I better log onto wikipedia again...

You do realise its all just submitted information don't you? I could make an account and post a page about how the spice girls pioneered the rave scene in the 1400's...
Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:
I read somewhere that Hardstyle was Dutch Hardcore? Maybe I better log onto wikipedia again...

You do realise its all just submitted information don't you? I could make an account and post a page about how the spice girls pioneered the rave scene in the 1400's...

Hmmm, I heard that too, but thought it was BS, but if you heard it as well........
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

Yer, Hardcore was better in 1446!!! The beats were harder then than any other time in history!!!
hardcore-gabber-nl hardstyle is a mixture between hardcore (gabber hardcore, not happy) and trance

the style was created by dj promo
hardcore-gabber-nl and no, hardstyle is not dutch hardcore, but it is also a dutch "invention"

whell as i explained it does have 50% dutch hardcore in it and 50% trance
bulby_g
quote:

You do realise there's a lesson to be learned here?
Knightmare
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore-gabber-nl:
hardstyle is a mixture between hardcore (gabber hardcore, not happy) and trance

the style was created by dj promo

no it wasn't. It's been undergrond in germany and italy for years before it came to holland. Promo didn't have shit to do with it's creation.
hardcore-gabber-nl ...yea sure
Knightmare
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore-gabber-nl:
...yea sure

just saying what i know dude
hardcore-gabber-nl gekke belg
tommy_renegade i personally love hardstyle, i love the old stuff and tbh i think the new stuff is even better, its just something a little different,

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page