Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Break of Dawn vs Shooting Star

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Rotis Well it seems like everyone LOVES Bang!Shooting Star... But personally I think Bang! - Break of Dawn is much better... MUCH MUCH better. I don't like Shooting Star at all.. Why do you think it's so good?

Hardcore will never die. May the bargad be with you!
SuperHenke break of dawn > shooting star

Rotis Huh? Henry Rainer > Bargad

Sander I like shooting star because of the lyrics. Just sending it with sms, or a letter to a girl and they will fall for you :) really! Did it 2 days ago actually =)

Rotis You got a good point there Sander! Hehe I will try that on my light of love. Good idea. ;)

Fuzz That's like asking me to chose between the chocolate cookie or the creamy center... Although if I didn't say Shooting Star, My Girlfriend would slaughter me.

*coughbreakofdawncouag*

"Everytime I lose my Direction/ and the wheels of life start to slow/ I just like to walk with my head in the clouds"

================
GT Sorry mate, but it's GOT to be Shooting Star. Absolutely top tune!
Princ*ss "Where were you to hold my hand, do the things that we had planned?I guess i need you by my side, when things go crazy...I just need to know you care guarentee that you'll be there. When i wake up in the night, will you be my guiding light...?"
Basically, lyrics don't get any better than this

oldskool
quote:
Originally posted by Rotis:

Well it seems like everyone LOVES Bang!Shooting Star... But personally I think Bang! - Break of Dawn is much better... MUCH MUCH better. I don't like Shooting Star at all.. Why do you think it's so good?

I think Bang's songs "shooting Star" and "Break of Dawn" aren't nearly as good as Rave-o-lution's - "Falling In Love With You" or even C.O.R.'s - "Children Of the Revolution" but the Greatest song of all time is definitely, Interactive - "Forever Young"

Old School Hardcore!!
Skyler Err....

Shooting Star and Break of Dawn are both very good.....

I would have to choose the Ham remix of Shooting Star as the best....
then the Brisk mix of Break of Dawn

both class

*eyes up jo*

nice voice, nice body ;)

You know given the choice I'd gladly take your hand for ev-er, and a day..

You know the words, just say it...

Its as the nights grow colder I still cry these bittersweet tears...

While I hope and pray..
that we'll somehow make it..

- Skyler
Rotis oldskool: You know Interactive - Forever Uong is an Alphavillecover?

Hardcore will never die!
Soren Personally I like Break of Dawn much better. I never really liked Shooting Star that much. Wonder why?

oldskool
quote:

oldskool: You know Interactive - Forever Uong is an Alphavillecover?

Hardcore will never die!

What do you mean, an Alphavillecover what the heck is that? and I only like the Original Version of Interactive's "Forever Young" (as played on the Australian/Charts in 95,96,etc..

Old School Hardcore!!
Rotis Alphaville = Synth/Popband in the 80:s I believe... So Interactive didn't make the original version. Alphaville did.

Hardcore will never die!
oldskool
quote:

Alphaville = Synth/Popband in the 80:s I believe... So Interactive didn't make the original version. Alphaville did.

Hardcore will never die!

Oh...O.K. then, I never knew that but don't you reckon the Interactive version would be or should be a whole lot better than Alphaville/whatever the name is...(i don't like the name because they sound too much like a city/town or some -ville

Old School Hardcore!!
Rotis Nay, I like the original version better. =P

Hardcore will never die!
DJILLUZION Now, 'break of dawn' is a dam good tune, but if i had to chose, it would be 'shooting star'. But if ur trying to love up ur girlfriend then i would chose force & styles' 'heart of gold' any day!

ladd "shooting star" out of these two. . . but a similiar song i personally like more is "field of dreams" by force & styles!!

calm water run deep,
turbulent waters run deeper.
n/a shooting star all the way, i have both of them but everybody goes of to shooting star me, but personaly i love sail away and see me climb, do you all agree?

whats up gee?
Mikie hmm this one's a tough one indeed... yikes.. but I must say .. Break of Dawn :o)

DJ Tempest ick. if i hear shooting star one more time im going to puke. break of dawn is way better...hands down.

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright
oldskool "Dj Tempest" - Cool Man, how did you get the moving image to use as youre signature?

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."
Soren Well since this horse is still being beaten I will have to say that Break of Dawn is way better. I find that in every version of shooting star the volcal is way to loud and seems very annoying. Plus the lyrics to BOD are far supperior (IMO) ^_^

Nick (Bang!) Hi guys.....

Great to see a debate like this, and hope I can shed some light from my point of view as the songwriter of the both of them.

"Shooting Star" was a track way way before the version you here on the Next Gen releases. I rewrote most of the lyrics to suit a new style, after a few people told me to "let it rest mate, it wont be a choon"...

So I reworked it and it went down in about 20 minutes...the whole lot.

Lyrically and as a song, it gels and makes sense, it's the simplest of songwriting techniques using the "recap" style but nevertheless....it works!

Once I had the first line...it just wrote itself....

Break Of Dawn on the other hand is slightly different, that uses a different style of songwriting. That track took nearly three weeks to get right....a mountain of sheets of paper....

but it's very special.....

I know a lot of you get the gist of it, but in case there's a few that dont....

We all have "demons" those little moments when you think of something that makes you cringe or feel sad.....I call those demons, and the only time you forget them is when you're with someone special....
hence the line

"Lay the demons down to rest, feel the warmth of my caress, as I slowly fall to sleep..."

"I will be there in your arms, turn the stormy waters calm...etc"

But I like that feeling, cos I've never heard it written about before.....

So there ya go....

From my point of view, Shooting Star will always win in this debate because so many people told me not to bother with it, but I did, and here we are!

If you're interested further, and want to hear a track that I reckon is stronger than Shooting Star, then go here....

http://www.midexproductions.com/bang.htm

and check out "til the day". This is a "Publishers Demo Mix" purely for auditioning. I guarantee you wont like it as a mix !

Not likely to ever be released on Next Gen, and it's not a HH mix, but I think a better song.

Thanks very much for all your support and best wishes from me & Jo.

Nick

Bang!
DJ Tempest oldskool...its just an animated gif that i have linked as an img tag.

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright
silver There you go, the author of Bang! says Shooting Star is better in his point of view :)
Soren Well he is wrong!!! Just kidding ^_^ I wonder why ppl told him not to bother with Shooting Star? I like it, I just like BOD better.

dj-efeks ok heres the best traks ever,,,,

dyewitness - masterplan
force 'n' styles - heart of gold
identical - the banger
nakatomi - children of the night
hixxy - wanting to get high (2001 rmx or whatever it is)
brisk and trixxy - eyeopener
bang - shooting star, like tha rest of ya this is class all the way
charly lownoise n mental theo - wonderful days

i cud name heaps more but i cbf, so theres a few =>

DJ e-Klyps Scott Brown rmx of Break of Dawn. Although both tracks are wicked.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
DJ Tempest off topic i know, but since someone mentioned em, i have to add...concerning charly lownoise & mental theo tracks, the ultimate sex track is by far my fave. it took me 2 years to track down a copy on vinyl, and im soooo stoked i finally did.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
silver Ultimate sex track? hmmmmm I love charly lownoise & mental theo but I don't like Ultimate sex track... hmmm as some one else said... whatever floats your boat :)
virus
quote:
hixxy - wanting to get high (2001 rmx or whatever it is)

so you're saying this is better then the original?!?!!

*very confused at that prospect*

adam

-- i like break of dawn betta, just cuz i ended up hearing shooting star being played 3 or 4 times a night at one point

Skeenip Well I loved shooting star the first 50 odd times I heard it, then the next 100 after that started to wear me down....now i'm aiming to avoid hearing it for awhile and hopefully when I catch it again I'll get that shiver down my spine that caught me the first time.

In any case they are both awesome tracks and I rate them equally.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."
silver ahhh that shiver down the spine.... love that feeling when a track hits like that...
DJ Tempest virus...totally..i dont think the remix is all that good..the og is WAY better..i dont see what all the hype about the 2001 remix is for.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
MCDJ
Do u know where i can get the Heart Of Gold Mp3?
i had it off napster then napster f****** up and i lost my file so......any help is gratefully accepted

Happy Hardcore Forever!!
silver MCDJ: Don't request MP3 files here please.
mdma1263 break of dawn not to take away from shooting star but break of dawn i jus think is better

"Go DJ Go DJ GO!"
Midway_raver old skool hardcore:) Yeah but it wud help if u new wot u wer talking bout:) i am a 96 raver Club Kinetic etc, n tunes like forever young, heart of gold toytown etc etc, The Uk was where it was, the uk is where it is and the uk it will always be at! Ant B

Ant B
Brian K i actually really didnt' care for break of dawn when it was first released. shooting star along side heart of gold/eye opener/and all those other athemy chunes are what pushed me more towards "tracks." i love hearing awesome vocals and that but the whole everyone has to can the same tunes just really turned me off of them for a while

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"
xxhappyxx they r both cool tracks, n even tho ive heard it like 1000 times, shooting star still wins!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
DJ Mouse shooting star gets my vote,but break of dawn's pretty damn close behind it

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
NightSoul both break of dawn & shooting star are top quality impressive happy hardcore tracks > but shooting star is the better of the two!

dance till the police come
Elation SHOOTING STAR!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
BM Hmm.....tough one, but I would have to say Break of Dawn (Scott Brown's remix) is the bomb! And as far as lyrics go...Break Of dawn's lyrics are more meaningful. Opposed to Shooting Star where it's kinda depressing...:) Both very good tracks, though!!!

I feel your love.....it's pushin' me higher, I feel the energy, burnin' like fire.....:)
NagamaK
quote:
Originally posted by virus:

-- i like break of dawn betta, just cuz i ended up hearing shooting star being played 3 or 4 times a night at one point

I have the same experience. I didn't hear break of dawn until about six months after shooting star and then i would hear it sporadically. I think I appreciate BOD more because I hear it less.

did They both come out at the same time?

Brian K shooting star came out first, break of dawn didn't come for about 3 or 4 more releases. i think they were both released in 98 though.

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"
miss-mitzi break of dawn is the best tune eva!!!!

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
DJ CURLY break of dawns the only one you hear played at events nowadays so id say that cause its lasted longer probably cus of less exposure than shooting star.

" when ya dont know where to go and lifes kinda slow ya gotta hit the raves and let your body lose control release the tension the pressure is high roll with the flow get high on the ride"
Simon Oh yeah I prefere Break Of Dawn I think the lyrics are better aswell.

Sy.

Jaide i'm totally guilty of loving shooting star..i always have...but i own both shooting star and break of dawn...break of dawn rocks too...but shooting star's always gonna be top dawg with me!! I STILL get chills hearin that at parties, but that's because i don't hear it much around here...makes me feel all warm in fuzzy inside...hell i still get chills when i drop the track...i'm such a girl...

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!
HI-OCTANE I love both of them but probably have to pick shootong star cause i here my girlfriend sing it all the time and she sings it so good. when I here it and se is not around I thing of here.

**KeeP iT Re@L**
**KeeP iT H@ppY**
**KeeP iT H@rDcOrE**
Aft3rShocK No offence intended to any of you but Hapy Hardcore sucks by the way pal! Shooting Star is one of the worst "songs" I have ever heard. I haven't heard Break of Dawn but I don't see how it can possibly be any worse!

METALLICA ROCK!! BRING THE NOISE!!

ur all gay btwp

flick
quote:
Originally posted by Aft3rShocK:
No offence intended to any of you but Hapy Hardcore sucks by the way pal! Shooting Star is one of the worst "songs" I have ever heard. I haven't heard Break of Dawn but I don't see how it can possibly be any worse!

METALLICA ROCK!! BRING THE NOISE!!

ur all gay btwp

HOW RUDE!! Shooting Star is the best and you know it! And Metallica aren't that great....not as good as Bang! anyways :o)

eh...scuse me btwp
Aft3rShocK eh...scuse me pal by the way! That's a load of crap and you know it!

Bloody English...

flick Erm no btwp it's true and there's lots of people here to agree with me.....and there is nothing wrong with the English! Grrr

eh...scuse me btwp
Aft3rShocK There's plenty wrong with the English (especially short quiet one's...) and there's even more wrong with that damn song!

eh...scuse me pal by the way (get it right beeatch!)

flick Right well that's it! Anyway I'm not that quiet when you get to know me and maybe it's just cos you're sacry :oP and I'm sorry but I got it right first time BTWP

eh...scuse me btwp
Aft3rShocK eh...no you didn't actually! You don't even know where it's from I bet! And I'm not sacry, or even scary!

eh...scuse me pal by the way!

flick oops heh yeah scary...VERY scary....and I did cos Mike told me but now I've forgotten oh well :o) And it looks better if it's btwp, pbtw just looks silly

eh...scuse me btwp
Hard2Get
quote:
There's plenty wrong with the English (especially short quiet one's...) and there's even more wrong with that damn song!

*cough* Twat *Cough*
And metalica are crap IMO.
quote:
Erm no btwp it's true and there's lots of people here to agree with me.....and there is nothing wrong with the English! Grrr

Yeah.

Aft3rShocK *sigh* That's why we put btwp at the end of sentences instead of pbtw btwp! The original is still eh...scuse me pal by the way though so you're wrong again. You should be getting used to it by now :P

Aft3rShocK
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
There's plenty wrong with the English (especially short quiet one's...) and there's even more wrong with that damn song!

*cough* Twat *Cough*
And metalica are shit.
quote:
Erm no btwp it's true and there's lots of people here to agree with me.....and there is nothing wrong with the English! Grrr

Yeah.

*cough* wanker *cough*
*cough* u can't spell *cough*
*cough* that's a nasty cough ud better go see a doctor about it *cough*

flick ahhh well you'll take it all back when you hear the version I just sent you :o) and sounds like you've got a pretty nasty cough yourself! :oP

eh...scuse me btwp
Aft3rShocK *cough* I can't wait :) *cough*
*cough* indeed I do *cough*
*cough* /me goes to see a doctor *cough*

flick
quote:
Originally posted by Aft3rShocK:
*sigh* That's why we put btwp at the end of sentences instead of pbtw btwp! The original is still eh...scuse me pal by the way though so you're wrong again. You should be getting used to it by now :P

HAHA you just admitted that you're a btwp!!! I knew it!

eh...scuse me btwp
Aft3rShocK ermm...take a look at your last several postings and I think you'll find that you've been doing a little admitting aswell...

Aft3rShocK I reckon the fact that you lot listen to such crap music is a definite indication of your suppressed (or maybe not...) homosexuality. So ur all gay. Apart from Flick who has assured me that she is most definately not gay in any way. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's try or not...

Night night everyone!

Dj_RzR Shootin Staaarrr , lol

Slammin Vinyl !!
Heist Lay the demons down to rest, feel the hair upon my chest (Well thats what my gf sings anyway)!

www.mp3.com/djheist
technocrazy Shooting star is the clear winner on this one...i've heard it so many times, and it's still great.

"Like a shooting star across the midnight sky, wherever you are, you're gonna see me fly"
DJ STYLUS Both excerlent but the unique rmx of shooting star is the better!!

...Now I feel so pure!!
mc trev
quote:
Originally posted by Soren:
Well since this horse is still being beaten I will have to say that Break of Dawn is way better. I find that in every version of shooting star the volcal is way to loud and seems very annoying. Plus the lyrics to BOD are far supperior (IMO) ^_^

vocals are too loud? u idiot!

the loud vocals are what makes up the song if there were no vocals then it would be a totaly different song

shooting star any day

[email protected]

www.helter-skelter.co.uk
http://backtotheoldzone.co.uk www.slamminvinyl.co.uk
DJ STYLUS If BOD IS MUCH BETTA THAN SS THAN WHY AINT SOME1 RIPPIN IT OFF AND STICKIN IT IN THE CHARTS AND ON TV!!??

...Now I feel so pure!!
mc trev just which is the best? (shooting star)

well we will soon find out who the winner is
ive put a poll of this on www.ush.net so u can vote
(general discussion)

[email protected]

www.helter-skelter.co.uk
http://backtotheoldzone.co.uk www.slamminvinyl.co.uk
pacman
quote:
vocals are too loud? u idiot!

the loud vocals are what makes up the song if there were no vocals then it would be a totaly different song

shooting star any day

you didn't justify yourself calling him an idiot! he said the vocals are too LOUD. you can have slightly softer vocals while still having them leading the track.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
strychnine hmmm ... wow. You guys really take this s*** seriously - it's as if the HappyHardcore.com Bureau of Musical Taste is gonna come bust into your loungeroom in their day-glo commando gear and take you away for preferring the wrong song ... pffft! Wrong song - as if there is such a thing.

djcypher the first time i heard the song was on a demo cd by australian djs weaver and suae, the break of dawn is one of the best tracks i have ever heard it made think exactly every feeling i get with my gurlfriend defintely much better than shooting star!

dj cypher
James D its gotta b -
shootin star - brisk remix on nextgen. samplers

: )

fostino2000 break of dawn, definatly. shootin star has been played 2 much and has got 2 many "pop" fans.

xxhappyxx i dunno, i just love the way BoD starts, but i think generally ST

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
Schuby I think Shooting Star is better.

fazza break of dawn is by far better

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
TweekiN They rate the same
but opinions will vary
i always mix them into each other
o well

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!
Stevie c Shooting star man! has to be, Absolute Happy Hardcore!! Still.............so many tunes to like and love!! Anyway we are all agreed Happy Hardcore Rulez!! Given its the top musical genre in the world popular or not I virtually love everything about it

Your into the sound of Rebellion
dj_stey_iz_ere shootin star is gud but i think break of dawn gets my vote

------------------------
Dont drink and drive,

smoke Weed and fly
StrifeII unique mix of shooting star 0wns.
fake crowd noises...mad synths...yes, it 0wnz :)

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
i_love_scooter shooting star is in my humble opinion one of the greatest alltime happyhardcore songs....its one of the first times i ever heard happyhardocore and it got me hooked!!!!

....so if you havent guessed shooting star gets my vote

HYPER HYPER

B.C well is this a debate on which song u enjoy the most or which is the better song?

it seems to me the only reason you are debating against shooting star is because it has been outplayed.

think back to the 1st time you heard both tracks and which 1 sent the most shivery goosebumps all over your body!

THEN.......you will realise that "Shooting Star" is the appropriate answer.

"Doin All We Can To Make Sure That Hardcore Will Never End"
jonny shootin star has to be theee most cheesiest tune ever made. over the last year i must have heard about 10 different mixes of it. i go for break of dawn any day!!!!

RaverBaby69 to be honest I've heard shooting star that many times now that if I heard it playing anywhere I'd scream my head off and jump about with my fingers in my ears, I used 2 love it and play it all the time but for now I'm giving it a long break from my stereo. but i do think its betta than break of dawn

"I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feelin the music"
bonkerboy Big Up Hhd Fans Personally I Think Shooting Star Is The Better Than Break Of Dawn. Break Of Dawn Has Some Good Lyrics But Shooting Stars Lyrics R Excelent They R So Catchy.

Bonkerboy

I Am The B.I.G
Moosta

Shootin stars way better!! but bangs version sucks of it!!

silver
quote:
Originally posted by Moosta:

Errrr Bang! wrote the song.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
toxic
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Originally posted by Moosta:

Errrr Bang! wrote the song.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Skyler Who dragged this thread up from the dead ;p

toxic deciding which track is the better track is like getting blood from a stone ... it just wont happen ... can it not be agreed upon that both tracks are equally as good and hence the thread can die peacefully, unlike mixmag?

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
Nick of Blaze! It's a gag right? Well it made me laff!

djcypher both tracks rock all to b said!!! dont try and make one better than the other!

power of dreams...

It took 4.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page