Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 what did u listen to to get into hhc

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mc trev what cd/tapes got u listening to hhc

mine was helter skelter tapes and anything from dj sy eg. united dance
then i bought bonkers

i think most people that thinks hixxy is the best is only because of the bonkers cds and u havent listend to enough stuff yet!!
i only say this because at my boarding school they liked hixxy best then when they got listening to more stuff by different djs then they all changed

TURN THE MUSIC UP
milo i started listening to the H2bH series, it got me hooked and it's been going ever since =)

"It's all good..."
sammypoohuk i first heard bonkers 7 and i thought that as amazing...........then i heard 5 and realised that 7 was a pile of pants, then i got 3 and i knew i was hooked for life!!!!
My first tape pack was/is gbh vs. hardcore heaven and i cant w8 for my first live experience!!

SaMmY
o0sameyeam0o i first got into hhc by scooter, ( i dont want to see any more scooter bashing on this forum!!!!!!!!!!! ) they had an album called OUR HAPPY HARDCORE, then i got into the moonshine stuff and it just built up from there ;)

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX
Simon I think It was a Hysteria Tape pack from about 95 it had all the dj's on Sy, Hixxy, Brisk, Dougal, Slipmatt, Seduction, Vibes Not one set was crap nor was there a back2back set believe it or not.

Sy.

BaDBoY Mine Would Be United Dance two, Mixed BY Dj Seduction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Badboy.
Weird Fish Yep, Scooter is cool...and they still are...especially their "Nessaja" track is great.

It was a HHC-cd, a mix cd of 17 min of "Happy Hardcore" then it just went from there...

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!
DJ Mouse bonkers set me off listening to hhc

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
Hard2Get
quote:
they had an album called OUR HAPPY HARDCORE,

I got that album :)

I started off whith the Hardcore Heaven and Bonkers series.

zazzy I got into it cos my ex-boyfriend plays it :)
still into HardNRG,German Hard Trance and Trancecore :)
now also into jungle and d&b :D
so many styles, so little time...

-if u follow ur dreams, at least u'll exhaust urself from doin what u love the most-
miss-mitzi i went to a party an the dj was spinnin hhc .... i just fell in love with it (an the dj! doh!) after that i went mental an started buyin anythin to do wi hhc it was about 10 years ago now an i still luv the old choons as much now as i did the first time i heard them!!!
hardcore 2 da core!!!

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
HaPPyHardCoreRuleZ Helter Skelter got me into HHC, and a bit of bonkers too, i think it was bonkers 2-5 that ive heard. They were great. Them helter skelter tape packs are great too.

One by One the penguins steal my sanity.
Charco I started listening to Tizer/ Paddy Frazer tapes, done by inteligence records,
i remember listening to "discoland" in a mates shed, then a mate had bonkers 5&6,i had scooters very first CD's- "Our happy hardcore" and "and the beat goes on"---- im hooked since that very first day,
**.....oh the precious, precious memories**

freedom to all who believe!!
Miss Kitty the first cd i ever bought was retro techno with tracks like masterplan and dancing together on it after i heard that in yr 8 i was hooked and im still listening now 5 years later =)

cheese is the only state of mind
happythoughts Slammin Vinyl tapes... :)

INNOVATE THE FIRST HHC I EVER HEARD WAS TOYTOWN ON A COACH ON THE WAY UP SCOTLAND BACK IN 96! IVE NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE...HHC RULEZ!!

Respect is due!
Sphere
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Kitty:
the first cd i ever bought was retro techno with tracks like masterplan and dancing together on it after i heard that in yr 8 i was hooked and im still listening now 5 years later =)

cheese is the only state of mind

thats the cd that got me started too!! it belonged to my brother and i remember listening to it not knowing what this strange, chirpy music was but it was giving me rushes everytime id listen to them! such a good cd, Children of the Revolution was a fav...
...and ive loved happy hardcore ever since.

" Before making records the hood was my saviour."
Webber wow..a touching topic. seriously. I'd have to say the first time I heard happy hardcore was back in 97 when aol was big and mp3 groups were around in chatrooms. I worked as a server and web designer for Eternal Blaze. They served all electronic music types and had the market cornered as far as mp3 groups went. When I first discovered them it was after downloading tracks from Scooter and Anon. I followed up the happyhardcore info and became knowledgable. I was hooked.
However I've always been the sort of person who is energetic and a sucker for good female vocals. Over the years though I've progressed to darker sounds, I liked calling it darkcore, but then I realized it as freeform/trancecore. Thats about it, a brief but personal bit of my history.

o<|;0D Wèbber¬
Midway_raver hardcore heaven tapes back in 95/96.
And i too went mad and bort anythink hardcore.........

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
Elysium When I started pitching eurodance, people didn't like it, and gave me hints about the "happy hardcore". But I guess, for me, it started with the "Deep Heat" compilation-series back in the early 1990's. You know, with artists like The Shamen, Snap, KLF, Technotronic, SL2, Prodigy, 2 Unlimited, DNA, Sy and so on. The years passed by, just like DJ Bobo :) And in 1994-95 there were Mark'Oh, Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo, Masterboy, RMB, Das Modul, Dune, Scooter, Marusha, Technohead, Jimmy J & CRU-L-T, Interactive, Paul Elstak, Scott Brown, Critical Mass.. and beyond :)

I am soooo The Cheese.

--
I’m gonna live forever - baby remember my name.
Brian K the first cd i listened to that resembled present hardcore was thunderdome 3. proceded to purchase various hhc & hardcore tapes/cds from then till today =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
DJ CURLY i listened to ...............happyhardcore to get into happyhardcore amazing when u think about it.
are u being sarcastic dreamscape2002
yeh what if i am
dont do it u knob
ok
errrrrrrr....was i talking to myself again
i listened to plenty of cousins tape packs well they werent his he was a cheap skate and borrowed them off of his mates.
those were the days listening to rave while playing the supernintendo.
does any 1 remember the game top gear2 on the snes
try playing that with hhc blasting out ya stereo.

hes the dj and im the mc were the boys who like to hype up the party.were just here to get on down vibes and lively from a london town.rockin to the music cause the music doesnt stop cus its the sounds of dj vibes and mc livelee get u hot.
Brian K more like some 4 way bomberman was where it was at =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
Pandora I went to a clothing store at my local mall and picked up a flyer. I had no idea what this techno stuff was. We called the info line and heard crazy music playing as directions to the venue were being screamed. *very cool* We showed up at the San Bernanrdino Orange Show and heard music thumping in the background. I'm not sure what style of music I heard first...I was a newbie...but I knew that the blood in my veins was rushing and I thought my soul was going to pop out of my skin and start dancing. About a month later i got handed Paulina Taylor's Bounce and fell deep in love with Happy Hardcore, from there I heard P.T.'s Smile. I guess you could say that for a while I raved for the drugs...but I wouldn't have been there if it weren't for the music. Now I'm sober and can hear the music much clearer.
StrifeII I got hooked on by my brother borrowing a copy of a force & styles tape off this kid he knows (well i know him too now) and i loved the unique mix of shooting star. the tape had bad quality, but its weird, the bad quality made it sound good [:s] anywho i went on napster *ahh back in the day!* and searched for shooting star and soon enough i got it. it had 'anabolic frolic' as the artist so i searched for more of frolic's stuff and somehow i just started loving it. forgot how i found out some artists, but i did.

Hardcore Will Never Die
B.C Again Bonkers 1! and under 18s discos where "Toytown" and "Back in the UK" were frequently played.Still going to these discos! im going to the Bonkers Bash at Privilege in Glasgow on 27th July! woohoo, cant wait!

"The music was like new,black,polished chrome that came over the summer like liquid night"
marty_j The pirate radio stations got me hooked. didnt really like it at first but now i am hardcore. Bought bonkers 1 n hardcore heaven and then i went to Uprising which is hardcore through n through never looked back since

MartiN
djyogi Dyewitness got me hooked. Does any1 know by the way what trevor reilly is up to now? is he producing?, BDW hes the producer of dyenwitness hes other alias name is casio brothers.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
qwertyu helterskelter tapes the first djs i probaly heard were dougle and hixxy when they did a set piece

d.hyden
Tonk Dreamscape 20 was the first tape i heard dougal and vibes.
I still listen to it now.
Then i bought a couple of the edge tapes.
Then started buying packs.

slipped The very first hardcore song I ever fell in love with was "piano progression" by Luna-C waaaay back in the early 90's, sometime around '93 or '94. A friend heard me mention happy hardcore a few times, and when he was in England, bought me a CD and brought it back for me. IMO, it's still one of the most beautiful hardcore songs ever written.
I recently found the limited edition Luna-C 12" double pack of it online recently and it should be getting here any day now.

Can't wait!
slipped.

evangelion many moons ago i was uber junglist and a friend of mine let me borrow a tape that had a bunch of unmixed hhc tracks on it. I wasnt very receptive to it. but after a few months... the cheese grew on me and i started digging around for more. :p

word!
~a

Amber-Jade I probably would never have heard HHC if it wasn't for my brother borrowing Dreamscape 22 from a friend and a copy of Bonkers 2 (what a horrible thought!)

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik
snuffellz man the moderator guy deleted my posts since they were all caps my first HHC experience was 2 years ago my brother was listening to it and i was like humming it in my head so when he was gone i would always listen to his songs,ive been listening to HHC for 2 years now,im 11 and i wanna start DJing now but i gotta wait till im old enough to get a job to get some tables i wanna get some tekneqes

E-Tards are retards=)
snuffellz but ive been listening to gabber and thunderdome for 4 years now i was the only 7 year kid listening to it i met a girl thats 12 year old that listens to HHC she's gone to a rave

E-Tards are retards=)
CareSieB My ex boyfriend thought i would like it so he got me some DJ SPREE, i liked it well enough, but then I saw spree live about a month later and ever since then i have been hooked on the HHC!

I am mean and everyone hates me

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page