Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Whistle or Horn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
MC RizlaDizla So what do you prefer. Most of the raves I've been to I've had a whistle. Easy to have on ya. But for the last couple Ive gone with a horn. Allot more noise and more people seem to go for the whistle mainly, I think due to the reason above.

I do like to have some glow sticks, but now I have a horm in me hand, I useally stick the glow sticks in me shoe lacies.

So I gonna have to say horn crew,

What about you

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".
DJ Pathfinder here in holland nobody uses whisles or horns.

a shame actually

Midway_raver Whistle for the reasonmc rizladizla mentioned, plus whistles u can go to teh music mur etc:)

Ant B
DJ Mouse i'd go for a horn,they're louder :P

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
milo pathfiner you should start a new trend in holland and get a horn/whistle crew goin' =P

"It's all good..."
Jams Whistles and horns are the most annoying things in the world. Nothing bugs me more then when i am dancing away and some idiot starts blowing a whistle in my ear. I want to hear the music not an annoying whistle.

"I'm a raver not a crazy drug addict" - MC Storm
dj-efeks they are both so oldskool =P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
MC RizlaDizla Just love it when you start blowing in time and some one else does it back.

dj-efeks hehe yea i didnt say dey arent fun =>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
MC RizlaDizla I see this guy with 2 horns stuck togeather to make 1 f@#k off noise.

It didn't matter what arena you were in.
Ha Ha

Elation in Toronto everybody uses whistles, so i havent even used a horn, well maybe once, but basically im too busy singin and dancin to funble with noise makers.
i totally know what you mean...when you get stuck by some d00d who doesnt know how to keep a rhythm. damn.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
DJ Mouse i'd always blow the horn in time with the beat though

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
MC RizlaDizla Me too. Also in time, always something different. Bot just d, d, d, d, d, d, in you know what I mean.

It makes me laugh though when my m8 blows his complety out of the music beat.
I think thats why he can never get the idea of mixing sorted.

DJ Mouse sounds to me like he hasn't got any rhythm,if you got no rhythm then you can't blow a horn in time let alone mix!! lol

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
MC RizlaDizla Yeah m8, although I would never let him know that. he he

DJ Mouse yeah it's like "yeah good mixing,keep it up" but it's a proper crap one and you daren't tell them lol

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
JAM-HAY BRING BACK THE GLOW STICKS
NightSoul na, it has got 2 be the whistle,!!!!
can remember like it was yesterday.......my rez hat, my rezerection jacket, my whistle, and those things that you get in diffrent colours, oh thats right *glowsticks*!!!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhh the rezerections, classic rave days!!!.......respect 2 the old rez crew
E
From The Dawn Of Time Mankind Has Striven For Immortality, From The Ashes Of The Devastated Nuclear Wilderness, Humanity Has Risen Exploting The Electronic Forces Of Knowlege.....This Is Rezerection

dance till the police come
SINIZTA Whistle's cool, but I say da horn, 4 sheezy!

" Da Symnotic SINIZTA"
Elation
quote:
Originally posted by JAM-HAY:

BRING BACK THE GLOW STICKS

you should go to Toronto. its the glowstick capital of the world. hehehe.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
NightSoul i've posted in here before,..........when i said that the far better of the two was the glowstick..............and i.........................still agree. the glowstickfs for sureeeeeeeeeeee,......................a whole arena packet with the die hard raves............it does dark, and from all around the rave, all those diffrent colourd lights...............and from the front, you hear, the bass just getting ready 2 make the whole event go crazy............the bassline gets higher, and higher,..........everyone is waiting........glowsticks up in the air........glowsticks turning, spinnig......................and then big boom....................the bassline blasts from the speakers, and the whole rave just goes crazy,..........a few horns in the background........................and for the rest of the rave............glowsticks are just some of the effects that make the rave / hardcore music the greatest!!! ...................................
we are hardcore/happy hardcore glowstick ravers...................................
god i miss the rezerections,,,,,,,,,!!
E
right now wheni wrting this i'm a bit sky high................i'll read this wheni wake up.........
E
From The Dawn Of Time Mankind Has Striven For Immortality, From The Ashes Of The Devastated Nuclear Wilderness, Humanity Has Risen Exploting The Electronic Forces Of Knowlege.....This Is Rezerection

NightSoul ............................................................................oh, whistle & glowsticks (perfect match)

MC RizlaDizla Due to my horn in me hand i have my glowsticks in me shoe lacys. I get white gloves sometimes but i like to skin up quite a few times at raves so it anoying keep having to take them off and then back on again.

Think about combining two horns to make 1 super horn for NYE

Heist Neither. They are usually annoying unless the rAve is huge and everyone is going off. At the hardcore room at Advent*jah, there was this chick with an air horn that when she blasted it it was louder than the speakers! Awesome I thought...

www.mp3.com/djheist
NightSoul
quote:
Originally posted by JAM-HAY:

BRING BACK THE GLOW STICKS

E

E

From The Dawn Of Time Mankind Has Striven For Immortality, From The Ashes Of The Devastated Nuclear Wilderness, Humanity Has Risen Exploting The Electronic Forces Of Knowlege.....This Is *Rezerection*

E

SPeedY_B If your going to a rave you MUST equip your self with the following:

# Whistle (with UV reactive string)
# White Gloves
# 2 x Glo-Sticks (onr for each hand preferably different colours)
# Illuminous workmans jacket
# UV reactive Hair gel

then your ready to bounce the night away

-(.. SPeedY_B ..)-
djtate I perfer to have a wistle but the horns sound wicked too!

Like Micheal Jackson I 'm a lyrical thriller Jack Nickloson I 'm a hardcore killer like Peter Pan iam the boy who can fly like a 747 right up to the sky
milo UV reactive hairgel? where can yah get that =)

"It's all good..."
Haeobogoblin You can get that UV hairgel in Superdrug in the Uk. I DID have sum, but its not cheap!!!

Im an arkward cnut, and have a whistle and a horn...i like having a horn because only about 2 other people have them where me and the rest of my crew (TRULY HARDCORE CREW [website coming soon!]) we are all equipt with 8 glow sticks, 5 whistles (4 crappy plastic ones, and my VERRRRY LOUD metal one), One large horn with glow in da dark squares on the end, One Illuminous workmans jacket (bellonging 2 DJ Skivv), UV hairgel when i can be arsed 2 buy some, and our "TRULY HARDCORE" t-shirts with DJ Names on the back (Thanx 2 solstice 4 sortin them out).

No white gloves as yet tho!

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"
Sxylicious69 NOWT BEATS A WHISTLE N GLOWSTIX! THEY RULE!!!

`'+., ,+*`'`' »­(¯`v´¯)­» 4ward eva bakward neva »­(¯`v´¯)­»`'`*+, ,.+'`
Haeobogoblin OK, so i went to a rave on friday nite.
took a whistle and a horn
got 2 glow sticks
and had on my UV hairgel

-=Started raving=-

My horn pissed me off, so i put it with my coat, so i just had my whistle
my fingaz are brusied from glow sticks
my uv hair gel ran down my face

oh, and they sold out of white gloves B4 i realised they were selling them

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"
virtigo I'd have a whistle round my neck and a horn in my hand! That way you get the best of both dont you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by Haeobogoblin:

my fingaz are brusied from glow sticks

ummm how'd you manage that?

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
Haeobogoblin well if you have got your glow sticks in between your fingers on both hands and you dont put them down for about 4 hours, then its V.easy!

DJ Flusteds Record Box Carrier

I AM the horns crew for the Isle of Wight!!! everyone down here has a whistle, so its wicked when i start and the whistle posse follows my lead! HORNS CREW DONT STOP...WHISTLE POSSE PUMP IT UP!

I am the horns crew and the whistle posse all in one!!!!
Pandora The first rave I went to I came across the idiot that couldn't blow in rhythm (hope it wasn't a female...I'd feel sorry for her boyfriend). I think that ruined it for me! To the point that all my friends would give me whistles, I had a dozen or so. But not to long ago I got my hands on a horn (bright green). I took it into the jungle room and pissed a few junglists off. Then went back to the Happy Core room and had a blast the rest of the night. So I'd say that I prefer hornz over whistles. And glow sticks are a must...shouldn't even be a question if they are necessary or not.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page