Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hixxy pressing at 165bpm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
pacman i have it from a good source that all hixxy's new tunes will be at 165bpm. i don't know about the rest of you, but i think it's horifically slow. i play faster than most, usually around the range of 185-192bpm, but still, it would be hard to find anyone in sydney who plays at 165. i'm not sure about in the uk, but in sydney the average speed would be at least 175, MINIMUM. some of hixxy's newer tunes i really dig, others i think are rubbish, but that's another topic altogether. personally i don't like the whole hardcore getting slower thing. i thought most djs were starting to play faster, but that doesn't explain why the producers are pressing tunes slower??? what does everyone else think of this?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer
Cephiros Hmmm, 165 isn't that slow.. HHC can have a diverse tempo and still be good. Besides isn't Hixxy doing trancey-hardcore? Trance is naturally slower, right? :)

I know most of my vinyl is pretty fast.. including my ultra cheese DJ Spree - Neverending Hardcore :)

Well, that's all I have to comment right now.

Cephiros

virus yea, but that would be 165 at 0 pitch, which would be much faster on +8..

Cephiros So, at Pitch +8 it is roughly 178.2 bpm.. and at -8 pitch roughly 151.8 bpm. Hmmm, 178.2 makes your Aussies bpm grade so it's okay then! :)

Cephiros

Dj Tripnosis
quote:
Originally posted by Cephiros:
Hmmm, 165 isn't that slow.. HHC can have a diverse tempo and still be good. Besides isn't Hixxy doing trancey-hardcore? Trance is naturally slower, right? :)

"""""I know most of my vinyl is pretty fast.. including my ultra cheese DJ Spree - Neverending Hardcore :) """""""""

Personally, I have to Agree with Pacman . I too don't like the whole slowing down part, i mean, Hardcore has progressed over the years by becoming faster and faster, nows no time to slow it down again. as for the whole trance part, sure Trance is naturally slower but that's no reason, look at some trancore tracks , i mean, theres plenty that are recored very fast. dah well,

P.S Neverending Hardcore is a f**kin tune !!!!

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -
Cephiros Okay, Very true. On a personal level, I prefer my HHC to be alot faster but how fast is too fast.. and when does it start to break the barrier of going into gabber tempos?

P.S I like Neverending Hardcore, Ok, I may be weird.. but that's just me. Also, sorry if I say some dumb things, blame it on me being a newbie. :)

Cephiros

DJ-SK8 Ok y does every body think that newstyle gabber is fast, NEW STYLE IS ASS CORE @ 155-160BPM

Personally i like my hardcore to be @ like 180-200BPM, make it raw, make it intense, caus i got mad Skills & Styles and i will get raw

speaking of fast stuff anyone herd Cloudskipper & Sketchy "Check This Out", caus it's a ****IN choon and a half

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!
milo supernova has been out for a long time and i must agree that track totally kicks ass, i can't waitto hear the next one by these guys.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
ac slater 165? its called pitch control, use it. ;)

haha

fast tunes off the top of my head:

-the original "ruff muff" - robbie long and devastate...fast as hell, prolly like 185-190
-"check this out" - cloudskipper and sketchy -180ish
-this tune "here comes the ruckus" that i did - pitchedup #1 - its like 185 lol, retarded

ac

Tyrant ac - wasn't that a mistake with the pressing? i remember hearing that it wasn't supposed to be at 185 ... or maybe i'm just confused?

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3
Simon the thing that was and always would stop Hardcore going commercial would be that it was too fast for most people.

slow it down & it leaves the option open for commercial releases I don't like the sound of it being slowed down.....That's a huge step towards making Hardcore sound even more like Trance :(

Sy.
Foxy Now-I dont mix or spin at all, but please dont dismiss my comments out of hand! Surely-hardcore cant keep getting faster & faster & faster, it will just become TOO fast & any strusture remaining will be lost in the hearing of it.
As I understand it hardcore isnt just the speed of the tune its the structure & the "feel" of the tune. My friend went out with last neight & I got the DJ to put on Wonderful Days & Forever Young now they're slower yet he immediately said arent these hardcore-they sound like hardcore! this spoke volumes to me about the music we love.

Hardcore family never dies.
Brian K of course you could always just do what some people seem to enjoy doing to trance, put it on 45 =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
atomicb I play mine pretty fast, I only realised it when I had to use pretty much full wack on the pitch control to get 'take me away' to beat match. I don't know what it corresponds to exacly, but 'deep inside' is usually on 6, eyeopner 99 remix, and most others on 4 :)

and thats plenty fast enough for me personally :)

Cephiros You have a good point there Foxy, I mean to me, I always thought the speed of HHC was just one of its defining qualities. There are alot of things that define hardcore right? Not just only its tempo.

Sure, I don't think I would like to see HHC get too commercial.. but letting in some would be okay.

Cephiros

kg4 hixxy... bah!

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...
virus the thing i have to say, is that i dont mind slower speed, but if you are lowering the speed, but some freaking breakbeats in it, cuz if you leave the slow kick in, it just sounds even more like trance.

Oli G Breezes tunes are done at around 168, ponder & dok have done there tunes around 165, a hell of a lot of people have done stuff slower, the norm is around 170, hixxys raverbaby stuff is around there... isnt it? (its quicker than breeze and styleses )

i dont see a problem, naturaly i play fast :)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Hard2Get I don't think anyone plays records at the original speed :P

Xenochrome I have to agree with CEPHIROS. The speed is one of the defining qualities of happy hardcore. I tend to pitch-up most of my choons. About 175-190 BPM is cool for me.

DJ Mouse
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I don't think anyone plays records at the original speed :P

dougal never speeds his tracks up,he even cuts bits out of tracks to fit them onto a cd instead of pitching it up

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
Hard2Get
quote:
dougal never speeds his tracks up,he even cuts bits out of tracks to fit them onto a cd instead of pitching it up

Hehe Dougal's my favourite dj :)
And if you are reffering to Have It All on bonkers 3, then the middle is not cut out, it's a different version. Hixxy played it live so it could not have been cut out.

DJ Mouse he's my fav and all
he cut bits out of eye opener and shooting star on number 4,and see me climb on 6,there will be others but i've only noticed them

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
Oli G yeah.. thats another thing.. you would all call dougal hardcore yeah?
he plays the slowest out of em all
listen to his sets now (when ur not fooked dancin around in a warehouse) on tape or something, and realise how slow they are.. 168/170 MAX

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
No Left Turn
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
supernova has been out for a long time and i must agree that track totally kicks ass, i can't waitto hear the next one by these guys.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

supernova 2 should be out really really soon

-Donny / No Left Turn
Brian K ^^^
YAY!

DJ Slinky I agree with most people on here--Hardcore is supposed to be FAST. In all actuality, really the spped is what separates it being a different style. If you play a lot of HHC tracks really slow, they sound like UK Hard House and vice-versa. If you play a lot of Hardcore trax slow, they sound like Hard Techno. The speed is what defines Hardcore. I finally got around to listening to Speed Limit +5 a couple months ago, and I was horribly disappointed. It all sounded more like UK Hard House than the Old Skool shit I was expecting. Anyways, Hardcore's evolving, no matter what. It's up to us where it goes.

Peace,

Caleb

DJ Slinky--Representing HHC in the buckle of the Bible Belt
Brian K like virus said, if you're going to make the tunes slower, put the one thing in there that made uk hardcore definable from any other genre...breaks! some intracitly well placed breakbeats in a track make so much more of a difference in a tune, also to me it makes it sound a little better of a production number

virtigo Whenever I mix my hardcore, I set the bpm to about 170. that for me is the best speed for the hardcore I play! quality!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo
Hard2Get I would much rather have breaks than than a kickdrum if it were to be slowed down alot.

silver If the tunes too slow double pitch your decks...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Brian K you could do that but still you wouldn't be able to play it out due to most decks at parties aren't modified =/

DJ Mouse as soon as my warranty runs out on these decks then i'm getting it done. for now my third deck's pitched so if a song's too slow i'll put it on that deck.

but it's going as soon as i can afford another 1210 :(

and brian's right,alot of decks aren't pitched in nightclubs,in fact i've never come across any that are.

DJ Mouse

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page