Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Question: Music for Games

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djmarinecorpse A friend and I were wondering. Seeing as we are sorta starting an amateur games company, and if we could make something worth the money, what would we be talking if we were interested in licensing a HHC choon or two for our game? (This isn't anything concrete, just looking for a ballpark figure in case we did ever end up doing it.)

Paul

You ever feel this far removed from pop music?
"Do you like Smashing Pumpkins?" "Are you kidding?! I love to do that!"
DJ Mouse if you want to use one of mine then do so. you'll find them at http://geocities.com/djmouse_uk

groove to the rhythm's got loads of bass on it,poor mix,if you want to use that one then let me know coz i got a mix here where the bass is eq'd out a bit

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
DjMoNkEyBoY I think that is a great idea. We need to push HHC in every direction and have our scene/style be represnted everywhere, and in all formats. Video games are a great medium as they reach hundreds of thousands of people HHC is a great resource for such material as it's very pliable. With many styles to chhose from and many songs which evoke different emotions, you can be certain your product will be captivating whilst in gameplay. Not to mention increase funding for further projects in the name of HHC.

Dj MoNkEyBoY
Founder of Monkeyshine Inc.

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!
silver Sure you can licence a MasterWax track :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DJ Mouse yeh put til the day in there :D

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
atomicb heh, I wish I could license master wax.. no doubt it's a foutune? (right :/)

Planning on making a game in my gap year and the use of HH had crossed my mind.

So silver, how much we talking? :D haha

djmarinecorpse Hehe...I can dream on... Actually, I get really annoyed cause much of the happy tracks I like are all ripped ones so licensing it would kinda be an iffy affair... (I don't much like the Harry Fox Agency breathing down my back...)

Paul

djmarinecorpse Example: I really, really would like to use Paradise in a game.

Paul

Nick of Blaze! Licensing any of my tracks, and that includes all the Bang!/Blaze!/Stealth/Nimrod material can be done by contacting my publisher Peermusic (UK) Ltd. UK +44 (0) 20 404 7200.

Just ask for business affairs, have your proposal ready to fax giving the full details of the license you need, (If its for a game, this will include, Term, Territory, Units, Duration, Producer, Product and Use), and they'll be able to advise what this will cost. An initial license payment will be required, then usually on a "per unit" basis.

The license can vary enormously depending on so many factors, but doesn't have to be very expensive.

Cheers

Nick.

djmarinecorpse Sweet, man!

Paul

atomicb thanks a lot nick .. I'll bear it in mind when the time comes :)

fazza
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
if you want to use one of mine then do so. you'll find them at http://geocities.com/djmouse_uk

DJ Mouse

your tunes are good man!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
djmarinecorpse Damn Geocities is screwing up so I can't listen at the mome...I will when I get it working tho...

Paul

DJ Mouse "your tunes are good man!"

cheers m8 :)

DJ Mouse
Foxy mouse-I take it you've read the latest Mixmag with the hardcore article in? In it Styles says he listens to demo made & if they're good lets you use his studio & learn to use professional equipment. Worth a try!

Hardcore family never dies.
DJ Mouse that would be great to get my tunes mastered properly in his studio :D i don't need teaching tho coz i got my diploma in music technology. but yeh i might give it a go and get a demo to him

DJ Mouse
DJ STYLUS Put 'the rainbow tune' by Jame Venus on ur game =) Oh yeah thats allready bin done!!

---------------------------------------------------
You Know Life, is all about expression.
You only live once, and your not coming back.
So express yourself!

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page