Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ultrabeat clubland live vids

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DarrenJ seems AATW has put them up in last few days

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E57E62FDD0B8A8A3

edit: also Darren Styles
95_was_the_time

i must be on the wrong message board, i thought we discussed happyhardcore...
Smoogie ^^^ It is Happy Hardcore! It was invented in 2005 when a faster version of Clubland came out! This is the latest most Upfront tunes! Proper Upfront stuff! Someone told me Happy Hardcore was 90s but the only 90s Happy Hardcore I have heard was tunes like Snap! 2 Unlimited & dance remixes of Take That! 90s is Old Skool and people have to learn that things change & move on...

which is good coz as from next year (2010s) all this 2000s stuff will also be classed as Old Skool!

Proper have it my son! 2010s, the death of 2000s Hardcore! Naughty!

FingazMc Lol as much as i think 95 is about as useful as a pissy flap thats prettty damn funny!
latininxtc i don't care what y'all say, but i think it's badass having such a huge crowd like that. i remember that i got in2 2 unlimited real late, and i know that back then that was considered commercial. i've watched some vids of their live concerts on youtube, and i wish i had the chance to view them in concert. these vids remind me of that.

now with that being said, i've watched a few of these now, and darren styles is horrendous live! it even sounds like they have his video vocals playing in the background. and he pushed 1 of the dancers away, and he can't even dance to this himself! that is sad
tru bass how people can slag off scouse house openly then say they like this i dont know...

youve got to remember that the crowd will be full of complete dick heads and the 'live' aspect will mean that cascada will bollocks up a few tunes.. other than that the n-trance and kelly llorena side would be quite good
silver Nice find DarrenJ - Darren Styles is singing the hardcore version of save me, news posted :)
Triquatra (reposted)
i dont really know what to say here lol

just look at our top ten cd comp's for the last few months, theres pretty much always been a hardcore cd in the top 10...

hardcore's been commercial for years now here in the UK

as commercial as its going to get - the last step is for it to get a regular spot on radio one like hard dance and DnB get...

at the moment in the office i hear "J Majik & Wickaman - Crazy World" played about once every two hours on radio one..

but yeah, going mainstream? i would say it went mainstream a very long time ago..
lozowen thats alot of people, he shoulda played some gabber though lol
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
how people can slag off scouse house openly then say they like this i dont know...

i agree - i think scouse house sucks + i dont like clubland clonecore, you like one boring-easily-made-cheese track you might as well like it slowed down and with a donk on it..

though putting a donk on it is a million times worse than just slowing the song down.

**edit**
when you said the bit about cascada, were you just refering to clubland cds in general? or the hardcore video that was posted on the frontpage?
cause i can see where you are coming from when it comes to general clubland cds - if you like to that, you might as well listen to wigan/scouse stuff as well...
rosin007 I wonder why so many people would like to see darren styles perform these songs, they arent that good imo.

quote:
Darren Styles - Save me (hardcore version)

Is there a non hardcore version also?

FingazMc At least he is singing the hardcore version which i dont think is that bad of a tune tbh. Id never personally play it chilling at home but when i hear it live i do sing my bollox off to it lol.
lozowen
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
At least he is singing the hardcore version which i dont think is that bad of a tune tbh. Id never personally play it chilling at home but when i hear it live i do sing my bollox off to it lol.

yeah same mate, its always a crowd pleaser
Jester MC ya a crowd like that IS badass your ****ed if you dont think so. id LOVE to be in the middle of that!

but common who doesnt really love one thousand people crammed into a club. or even a couple hundred in a small room. no doubt you loose lots vibe in that big a place like that.

as far as "Mainstream" um...not in Toronto lol. But if it was i would probably be really happy. I havnt been to a Hardcore party with more than a few hundred in over a year...and i had to drive to Quebec city!(more Hardcore than ANY euro rave trip-****IN FAR!)

...all electronic singers should NOT sing live. They are not good singers. one verse over and over again. And its not like the notes are complicated, And they still cant get it right....party banger always appreciated though, i just think the best sound of lyrics is from a good crowd.
DJ-Intensity That You're My Angel choon was good back in the time.
danjel Darren Styles is the GOD for pushing hardcore this far and parforming hardcore on this type of events! Enough said!
DJ Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Darren Styles is singing the hardcore version of save me

*sigh*
no, he isn't.
come on, can't anybody see (well, hear) that it is not the Hardcore version? the build up is slightly different to the Hardcore version and the entire euphoric middle section is missing. As soon as the first 'chorus' ends he goes straight back into the vocal, which is not the case in the original.
it's not the commercial version, granted. it's more of a hybrid, but not the Hardcore version nonetheless

quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
but yeah, going mainstream? i would say it went mainstream a very long time ago..

exactly; the Bonkers, Clubland Xtreme Hardcore and Hardcore Nation series' have all been in the likes of Woolies (before it went) and Tesco, etc
DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:

i must be on the wrong message board, i thought we discussed happyhardcore...

I like your 2nd tab ;)

yay at frontpage
Triquatra its 170 odd bpm = hardcore. regardless of what version of it he's playing and singing
ive heard this version on hardcore albums - that is a huge crowd.
TheOneNOnly
quote:
Originally posted by danjel:
Darren Styles is the GOD for pushing hardcore this far and parforming hardcore on this type of events! Enough said!

Not if you don't like the shit he pushes out, don'tcha think?
Ken Masters If you haven't got anything good to say then don't say anything at all

That's me pretty much screwed then
silver
quote:
Originally posted by rosin007:
Is there a non hardcore version also?

The commercial single (released in the charts) was not the hardcore mix.
catjam I think they should bring back good old fashioned proper raves
not a sped up pop concert full of kids

Thats a great night for younger ones though..
Vladel The reason it sounds like the lyrics are there is because they are. They played the Cd which the track lyrics behind and then gave him a microphone so no one realised he can't sing
DJ Phoenix
quote:
its 170 odd bpm = hardcore.

wait... what? just because it's played at 170 odd bpm, that makes it Hardcore?
...so i can speed up the tempo on any dance album then, and it automatically becomes Hardcore? of course not. i know you're not saying that exactly, and i realise that am being slightly pedantic, but you can't call it Hardcore just because of the tempo

quote:
ive heard this version on hardcore albums

would love to get a list of those albums

anyway, i'm gonna stop complaining. Darren Styles is brilliant, regardless of what version he chooses to play. *hats off*
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Phoenix:
i know you're not saying that exactly, and i realise that am being slightly pedantic, but you can't call it Hardcore just because of the tempo

if you knew that wasnt what i was saying...then why post lol
of course i wasnt calling it hardcore just because it was 170+bpm...as eeeeeeeveryone knows there are a few other styles of dance music and other music in general that are 170+ that you couldnt possibly mix up with hardcore.

i just couldnt be bothered to list all the other musical factors that go into making that song hardcore - this is a hardcore website, everybody here listens to hardcore alot of us starting when hardcore first started back in the early 90's, therefore i shouldnt have to explain myself lol

as for the other cds that its on - its not the one of the second series of Hardcore Heaven Vol3, its not the one on Clubland X-treme hardcore 3...im narrowing it down though - i have 100+ hardcore compilations to go through :P

*edit*
allllllrighty the version he is singing over is on both his album AND clubland hardcore X-treme 2

its the "original hardcore version"

not the Recon version on Xtreme Hardcore 3 or the Sy and Unknown version on resist's Hardcore Heaven 3

admittedly there is a possiblity that the version has been shorterned, or perhaps a radio edit of the hardcore version - but its that one nonetheless :)
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
The reason it sounds like the lyrics are there is because they are. They played the Cd which the track lyrics behind and then gave him a microphone so no one realised he can't sing

yea but he's still singing. so he's singing live AND has the backup recording on there, so it only sounds half as bad as it really does

u can easily tell u hear 2 darren styles voices singing if u can sound out the crowd
danjel
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
The reason it sounds like the lyrics are there is because they are. They played the Cd which the track lyrics behind and then gave him a microphone so no one realised he can't sing

100% better to do like that instead of doing like Cascada on that event, Playback with the original realesed version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_EawBXSyuI
She cant event lipsync on the right places!
Densetsu13 She did seem to be singing it for real in the mellow intro of Everytime We Touch but she still lipsynched the rest. I guess dancing and singing at the same time is too much for her :'(

Apart from that, They all had recorded backup vocals, but Re-Con still seems pretty talented.

catjam The best singer i herd years ago when i went to raves was the chick out of Dream Frequency
she sounded very close to the recording...very impressive live
Yoko That crowd is big . . . and I agree, hardcore has become commercialized of the past years, its just now that we are seeing the fruits of what has been in play for the past 4-5 years.
mister_fly the feelings in front of a crowd like this
it's priceless
recruiting new body in hardcore is only a good thing for me !!

more sales = more producer at full time and more diversity
one thing the hardcore need in the future years

it my opinion

Brian

ps: sorry for my poor english, i work for learning it !!!
treetherealest Props to Darren Styles. It's a great song. It'll probably be a long time, but I can't wait for a new album. The Skydivin' album was amazing.

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page