Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 whats the best carts to get???????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dj pheonix what kinda carts would be best for me to buy?,iv got soundlab dex

j bonner
Erbl depends what you want out of them,
sure is great for sticking in the groove, look at the m44g or m447 for scratching
the ortofon concordes are great, specially for sound quality
stanton also make great carts

it all depends on budget and what you want from them

saintberry from personal use and also hearing tones of horror stories don’t get concords, there built with plastic, tend to break or often you hear about how the left chann drops out cos the contacts of the head shell to the tone arm are shit...

mind you, ortofon make ****ing good carts, just not concords, stick with the OMs. they will last you longer, track damn nice and giving out amazing sound reproduction for a set of dj carts. Not to mention there cheaper than the concords

i was running a pair of stanton 505sks for a while and found them to be utter crap....i could not believe what a difference whacking a pair of ortofon OM pros on did.

pros have been good to me, but i feel its time to update, so im getting a pair of OM DJS with 2 replacement styli that happen to be the DJE...when i get them ill post on here if the elliptical styli really warrants the extra cash to get.

id never buy shure, cos they look like am jumbo jet, and i hear there just too bassy with there response output

thats my 2cents

ROB GEE SAYS, ANYONE WHO SAID HARDCORE TECHNO AND GABBERHOUSE IS DEAD, **** YOU!!!!!!
dj pheonix cheers guys thats helped me a good bit!

j bonner
itchy i'd get the shures, they are cheap and if ur only mixin u prolly wont have to buy new stylus's for at least a year or more, they can withstand the hardest of beatings and sound amazin, plus they rarely skip even on shit decks

Peter_Go_Zania itchy is right.....get Shure's The M-44G has AWSOME sound reproduction. They also stick till no end. If you are a scratcher go with the M-447, they stick a lil better than the G's but have more bass to them. Idealy BOTH are the best cart to get, because they DO NOT wear out your records. But as always make sure your tone arm is calibrated correctly.

Erbl couple of nice things
with the sure m44-g/7 you can swap the stylus between the two as the cart is the same

and with the ortofons you can also put any stylus on any cart

Peter_Go_Zania yes that is true, but on the other hand ort. uses elliptical styli, where as shure uses a spherical styli, which is FAR better for your records

Lixx I use Shure M35X's and they sound lovely

Peter_Go_Zania 35x's are good for recording too. Nice crisp sound ;)

DJ Mouse i haven't had a problem with my 505sk's,but then again i'll probably say they're crap when i change cartridges. till then i'm saying they're good :P

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
saintberry
quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Go_Zania:
yes that is true, but on the other hand ort. uses elliptical styli, where as shure uses a spherical styli, which is FAR better for your records

all ortofon carts come with the choice of spherical or elliptical styli, + i dont know why you think spherical is better for your records, if its not a moving coil cart, elliptical will give you better response and less burn than spherical

aznwasian dont get shures mine sound like a pile.

and pheonix is spelled phoenix, dj pheonix

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
basssupplier i really dont think ne one with the name aznwasian can critisise any ones name!so keep it to yourself from now on.

come show me your hardcore feelings!
aznwasian i wasnt raggin on his name, its ace

just in case he didnt do it on purpose then i wanted him to know.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
basssupplier ok sorry

DjMoNkEyBoY A little late in the post I guess but here goes:
I have 505sk's. I've had them for a little over a year. I'm a heavy scratcher and mixer.
I was told that the next step up is the Ortofon Silvers.
I've not tried them though. I would recommend anybody try before you buy. Most dj shops have decks set up with swapping styli/carts to try out. At least out here they do. Prosound is excellent at this.

Dj MoNkEyBoY
Founder of Monkeyshine Inc.

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!
Peter_Go_Zania
quote:
Originally posted by saintberry:
quote:
all ortofon carts come with the choice of spherical or elliptical styli, + i dont know why you think spherical is better for your records, if its not a moving coil cart, elliptical will give you better response and less burn than spherical

Yes I know ort. offers the 2 different type of styli. But sorry you are wrong, the elliptical stylus does burn your records alot faster than a spherical. I have witnessed it personally and will never change the way I feel on that. Ortofons tend to track up and down. Where as shure track more side-to-side motion, therefore better for scratching (espesially on a straight tonearm). However your point is valid that elliptical styli sound a lil bit better than spherical. But the average raver wouldnt be able to tell the difference, only the trained ear can make that distinction. However a big part of record burn DOES come from poorly adjusted tonearm weight and height. Sometimes I wonder if people actually have brains when I see the weight all the way up with the tone arm height like at 6 and anti-skate on 3. I just wanna slap em. So to all you vinyl lovers out there. CALABIRATE YOUR TONE ARM PROPERLY!!!! you will thank me years later (when your record still plays and sounds good ;))

Xenochrome I personally like the Ortofons, but I've never really used anything else.

basssupplier what should your anti skating be at then?im also having problems wi my weights the record just jumps when i (try!)to skratch .how do i solve this then.cheers.this would be a big help iv not had a go a my decks in ages because of this!

Erbl anit skate should be ok at 0, what it does is put force on the tone arm pushing from the center of the deck, this is here as the tone arm naturally gets drawn towards the center.
as for the vinyl jumping, try a lighter touch, i cant seem to get away from the image of the vinyl comming off the slipmat, if this is the case, i would love to know how you do that one, if its the stylus comming out the groove, either use a lighter touch, add a little more weight on the tone arm, heighten the tone arm, adding more weight and height wares your vinyl and stylus more though.
if the stylus' are new then they will jump, then will need to be warn in, this is always the case, just use them and they will get better

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page