Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers : Hardcore Mutation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ STYLUS Wots ur fave track on this CD....

Mine has gota be easily, Insight - If thats alright with you.

Wots all ur opinions??

---------------------------------------------------
You Know Life, is all about expression.
You only live once, and your not coming back.
So express yourself!
Weasel EH?! is this out?! i though it was out on the 4th!

I don’t mean to be rude, it just come naturally
DJ STYLUS Heehee got my copy yesterday!!!

Why have i got it 2days early then???

I love the rap song UFO+McMarley - Connection aswell

Also i like Im ready by AntiSocial, makes me wanna cry =D

Sharkeys mix is his best bonkers mix!!!

So express yourself!
weba_d when will it get to australia?

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D
fazza na it comes out on the 4th!!!! how did u get it early u jammy git!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
mc lyrical yeah ive bin trying to get a sneak preview (with no luck), where do you shop!

Last night and the night before... Tommyknockers knocking at my door
DJSuperb IMO have it in.

12" of Love
mr bishi wat is hixxys mix like it sounds a bit weak

kiss my face aha
DJ STYLUS Hixxys mix is the best mix (a lil shit in comparison to 8)

So express yourself!
Haeobogoblin i just hope that the shop by my college has it in 2morra...(been saving meh cash for months now for it :D )

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"
Weasel woo. i am gonna get mine in about 30 minutes.
I just got into college so i hope my local record stores have it!

DJ_Solstice oi haeobogoblin, u have been saving for months? oh come on ur not that skint, for example, u went out last week and bought a set of decks!!! (and tunes)

(tit)

oh and you betta be sending me a copy thru the post down here to plymouth uni.........

(i would usually buy it but im a student and im really really really skint)

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"
Haeobogoblin Just picked it up, and Solstice - **** OFF!
I keep giving you copys.....erm.....i mean.....humn (nothing illegal going on here)
why dont u copy somthing for me first then you cheap ****! :p :p :p

Im luvin' the hixxy remix of "set you free" :D

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"
mc lyrical heard it today in hmv and the hixxy mix sounds awesome (esp the wonderful days rmx!). have to wait till pay day to get it though.

Last night and the night before... Tommyknockers knocking at my door
Oli G bonkers 9's good
im well suprised by the hixxy mix, its actualy ok
having said that, the best tunes on it aint hixxys :)

sharkey mix, i dont even need to listen to it to tell you its good
and i havnt got round to the scott brown one yet

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Simon It's alright, I'm expecting a bit more from Bonkers 10 however after purchasing this!!!!!

Sy.
alanfarrelly1 listened to it last nite, its all about da kid sharkey, last song 'terrabeat' is animal! scott brown is bangin aswel and hixxy bar a couple of ropey 1's is top notch!!!

Weasel Best Tune on that CD has to be Dougal and gammer - fire in the sky.
whoa almost blew my head off!

Hixxys Mix was ok, but i felt the tracks where in the wrong order.
and putting wonderfull days on the end was just crap, it wassent right for the set.

i liked scott browns mix, but got a little too hard for me at the end.
maybe he should of put a really uplifting track on the end, to keep the crowd bussing. and thinking whao that was great, im going to listen to this cd all over again!

I aint had time to listen to sharkys yet.

Haeobogoblin Sharky's mix i like, dispite being put off by some of his mixes on the last bonkers, and i have to admit that the cover designs are ok, yes, they have grown on me, dispite looking a bit out of place with my others :s

number2301
quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
i liked scott browns mix, but got a little too hard for me at the end.

Too hard? Pussy ;)

HARDCORE HOOLIGANS!!! :D

Ahem, listening to the Scott Brown CD now and its top class! Alot harder than I expected at the end, which is always good! I already heard the new remix of Field of Dreams and its top class, almost made me cry at Slammin :D

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'
DJ CURLY i have a dilema i have no money ever.
beer is the devil that takes it away.
i could save a pound a day but that means it'll take about 15 days noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"u have just experienced the wisdom of dj curly..................yeh rite.

previosly known as
DREAMSCAPE2002
sammypoohuk I have to w8 2 weeks til i can get it too, i heard it 2day tho and scott browns mix kicks ass (Really was a good idea for him to do a mix for bonkers), hixxys is gr8 too and sharkeys i was impressed with because it was the first mix of his i really enjoyed :D. Apart from one and two this is my fave bonkers.

..SaMmY..
Hee Hee Haa Haa

DJ STYLUS I wuldnt go that far, it was disapointing for me especially rite after 8

So express yourself!
Simon I too was slightly let down by this bonkers, but it makes me appreciate bonkers 8 much more now.

Sy.
virtigo Soz Sy but I have to dissagree! This is a classic album! I thought Bonkers 8 was superb when I got my hands on it, and it is no different with this one either. Hixxy's mix is superb! His remixes of Heart Of Gold & Field of Dreams keep the tunes hardcore. Glad he's done the remixes. Dont want another shooting star incident!

Scott Brown's mix is tasty! I thought the gabba at the end might spoil it but ut aint all that bad really! Not my style at all but hey, it works!

Not had chance to listen to Sharkz mix yet but I cant wait coz it looks well mint!

Best tune on the album in my opinion........ undecided! There are far too many top tunes but Dougal & Gammer's 'Fire In The Sky' shines out along with Antisocial's 'Im Ready'!

Top album. Cant wait for 10 now! A must buy!!! 10/10!

1 last thing! Has any1 else noticed that on the side of each CD cover it says all 3 CD's are Scott Brown's mix? Mine does. Just wondered if any1 elses has the same!

New Liverpool Hardcore Event Site
http://www.scousecore.vze.com
Simon There are some good tunes on there agreed such as fire in the sky, thats alright with you, angel, I'm ready, your shining, turn up the music, bring me round to love. But for me there just isn't enough good tunes and the only mix that flows properly is the Sharkey mix.

And yes your right about all the sides of the cd cases saying "Scott Browns Mix" I think Stylus mentioned this in another post.

Sy.
number2301 Fav track, ummm DJ Ruboy Vs Markos 13 - Distortion Overload :)

I am a happy raver really ;)

Now if Scott'd gone off into Speedcore maddness I'd have been happier :D

radiokate ye man i am sooooo chuffed with it i reckon its much better than bonkers 8... except hixxys mix aint as good.. not v impressed with the overdose of flip & fill... i aint had a chance to listen to sharkeys yet but scott browns set is wicked! im well happy.. it has that choon i was askin for ages ago on it - ROCK YOU SOFTLY.. wow tunage! yep mine says their all scott brown on the side too.

Spine Tingling Sensations To Leave Your Mind Numb...

Ka*
flyingtoad Have not gottin Bonkers 9 yet, but how does hixxy's mix compare with his mix in bonkers 8?
Simon Hixxy's mix on Bonkers 8 way better imo to his mix on bonkers 9, better tunes and it flows a lot nicer than his bonkers 9 mix :)

Sy.
©úrrëntP¤ð Hixxy's Mix
1. N-Trance - Set You Free (Hixxy Remix) 8/10
2. UFO & MC Marley - Connection 7/10
3. Styles & Breeze - Sonic 7/10
4. Dougal & Gammer - Go Widda Flow 7/10
5. Kelly Lorenna - Heart Of Gold (Hixxy Remix) 0/10
6. Dowster & Uprising - Here We Go 7/10
7. Flip N Fill - Field Of Dreams (Hixxy Remix) 7/10
8. Antisocial - I'm Ready 6/10
9. UFO - Breaka 9/10
10. Dougal & Gammer - Fire In The Sky 10/10
11. Breeze & Styles - Oxygen 9/10
12. Insight Feat. Lynn Eden - If That's Alright With You 9/10
13. Brisk, Fade & Kelly - New Sensation 9/10
14. Charlie Lownoise & Mental Theo - Wonderful Days (Hixxy Remix) 6/10

Sharkey's Mix
1. DJ Kevin Energy & Blackout - Crazy Styles (DJ's Vinal & Devotion Remix)
2. Robbie Long & Devastate - 50,000 Watts Of Hardcore Power
3. DJ Kevin Energy - Crescendos Of Ecstasy
4. DJ Kevin Energy & Just Rich - Wanna Be A DJ
5. Simon Apex & Orion - Hardcore Frequency (Ethos Remix)
6. Kaos & Ethos - Technorocker
7. Brisk & Fade - Unlock Your Brain
8. Sharkey, Kevin Energy, K-Complex & Just Rich - Visions Of Infinity (Sharkey & Kevin Energy Remix)
9. Marc Smith - Deviant
10. Sharkey & K-Complex - Delusion
11. Sharkey & A.M.S. - Mind Control
12. Shanty, Tazz & Concept - Beast Of Hardcore
13. Devastate & MC Sharkey - Terrabeat 9/10

Scott Brown's Mix
1. Plus System - Neck Breaker 9/10
2. Double Dutch - Heaven 7/10 (dj Sammy)
3. Scott Brown - Definition Of A Badboy 7/10
4. Sy & Unknown - Bring Me Round To Love (VIP Mix) 9/10
5. Scott Brown - Rock You Softly 7/10
6. Dougal & Gammer - Get Hype 7/10
7. Scott Brown - Turn Up The Music (Breeze & Styles Mix) 6/10
8. Q-Tex - Like An Angel 8/10
9. Styles & Breeze - You're Shining 5/10
10. Plus System - Take A Final Breath
11. DJ Ruboy Vs Markos 13 - Distort Overload
12. Q-Tex - Feel The Beats Bang
13. Tha Playah - Hit 'Em
14. Scott Brown - Ghosts
15. Scott Brown & DJ Brisk - Do Not Attempt (Sukkaz) 9/10

DJ STYLUS Huge disapointment, but still gud cus its hardcore =D

So express yourself!
JoNtyTheSecond I've only just bought it this afternoon, and I've gotta say, "Distorted Overload" by DJ Ruboy Vs Markos 13 is my favourite track off the Scott Brown mix. I've not had a chance to hear the other CDs yet though.

Am I the only one who's amused by the blatently over-exaggerated cover art? :)

Six Pack Massive!

virtigo Lets no go there again! The cover can be left alone!!

I must say after listening to the Hixxy mix about 5 times now in 2 days, UFO's Breaka is seriously growing on me! Im beginning to think it may be going down the same road as Deep Inside did. Quality tune! Big up UFO!

Also Connection by UFO & MC Marley. Great stuff! I love the new Bonkers. Fully admit that Bonkers 8 is better but I dont care. I love it just as much and I'll listen it to it all the time.

JoNtyTheSecond Hay, I'm not dissing it. I actually quite like it. It's better drawn than number eight and it's humorous.

"Deep Inside" is an amazing track, I must agree.

radiokate ye man, breaka is wicked... mmm deep inside wot tunage!

Spine Tingling Sensations To Leave Your Mind Numb...

Ka*
virtigo Thats wot hardcore's all about Ka*! An I love it!

MixerMalin i just love hixxys set you free, it rocks!

Step left, around, and together with the right
Haeobogoblin gotta get me a copy :D

DJ STYLUS Wot is it with the hixxy remix to set you free, am i the only one here who h8s it????

I love dougal & Gammers fire in the sky though =P

So express yourself!
fazza na mate im not 2 keen on the set u free mix either. pains me 2 say it coz its hixxy after all and he is actually god! rest of his mix is wkd tho. on 2 sharkey... wot can i say! superb!! scott browns mix is good at the beginning up until youre shining. after that it goes all gabber and im not into all that stuff really. its not happy enough!!! overall its a good cd but no where near as good as some of the other bonkers. roll on 10!!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
Simon I don't like any of the older tunes on Hixxy's mix thats he's remixed, "Set u Free", "Heart Of Gold", "Field Of Dreams", and "wonderful Days" I didn't think we needed any more remixes of these tunes, especially into the "New" style of hardcore, Still Fire in the Sky is the best tune on there imo, I still stick by my original thought that bonkers 8 is way better than 9.

Sy.
Toaster1 Does anybody have any ideas of where to buy the Bonkers 9

Voltage I've decided that I love the following tracks:

Connection
I'm Ready
Breaka
Oxygen
New Sensation
Neckbreaker
Heaven
Definition of a bad boy
Rock you softly
Get Hype
Like an Angel
You're Shining
Take a final breath
The beats bang
Ghosts
Hit em
Do not attempt
The Deviant
The Terrabeat

Forward to the New School.
number2301
quote:
Originally posted by fazza:
na mate im not 2 keen on the set u free mix either. pains me 2 say it coz its hixxy after all and he is actually god! rest of his mix is wkd tho. on 2 sharkey... wot can i say! superb!! scott browns mix is good at the beginning up until youre shining. after that it goes all gabber and im not into all that stuff really. its not happy enough!!! overall its a good cd but no where near as good as some of the other bonkers. roll on 10!!!!

Nah sorry mate, you're wrong. Its Scott Brown who's god ;)

atomicb Got it a few days ago, just liek to start by saying I like cheese, I like certain types are foocking hard stuff (end of scott brown set ;)) and have been dj'ing for about 6 months (so i'm ok mixing together sets in my room pretty well, but put me infront of an auidnce larger then 10 friends and I'm like AHHH :S). Just saying that so you know where I'm coming from, and of couse this is all my own opnion :)

Hixxy Disk - Hmmmmm.... I really don't like it very much, and I didnt' like his mix on 8 either. Don't get me wrong, respect to the guy for being true the scene, mixing and making what he belives in but I just don't like it. I prefer (and own on vinyl) the orional heart of gold to this one, I prefer (and again own on vinyl :D) the origonal field of dreams. Oh and I love wonderful days because I've never ever heard of it before (*goes red* hey I've only really really been into the scene for about a year) but yes I'd agree it doesn't fit into that set at all, just seems rather too tacked on.

I'm trying to like it, but hmm, I'm not getting anywhere yet :)

Sharkey - Ah it's ok, it's nice, I LOVE technorocker (when will the bloody release it, it said last month and then they sneakily changed it on next gen site :() but somehow it lacks depth. Not in his mixing just the choice of tunes lack depth IMO - they all sound a bit too similar and.. well they just arn't me. But better than the hixxy disk, and I'd dance to it :)

Scott Brown - OH YES :D Takes the same philsophy as I do to the sets I try to make - start it nice and light and free, get people dancing - then hit them with the hard shit and don't let go! The hard stuff was a bit too hard at first but then I played it though big speakers and was like 'hell yeah :)' I intend to buy as many of those releases as I can on vinyl! (already have definiton of a bad boy :D)

To sum up - a good disk over all, I didn't like the hixxy disk, and I'm impartial to the sharkey disk - I do kinda miss the Sy cheese disk, but alas, thats me I love my cheese - I respect you guys who are real hardcore (oops double meaning) have proabably had enough :) The scott brown brown disk was perfect and really inspired me to raise my game for when I get my decks sorted. It really influenced my new record choices, and got me into the new school. ABove al of this, I baught this cd withough even reading the tracklist because I have faith in the bonkers tradition and wish to support my scene whenever I can :).

fazza
quote:
Originally posted by number2301:
[quote]

Nah sorry mate, you're wrong. Its Scott Brown who's god ;)

well wot can i say, im a happy raver through and through, call me soft but i just dont like all that ear bleed stuff! each 2 their own, my brother is 16 and hes well into his scott brown and neophyte and what was it the other day...umm rotterdam terror corps is it? my mum well gets scared when he plays that!! haha

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE I think it is a mad cd. Scott Browns mix is best I tink but I like a bit of hardcore so that y.

Two great songs on it are
Sy & Unknown - Bring Me Round To Love
and The UFO & MC Marley - Connection

Have to listen to it again to fully appreciate it though

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...
NUKL3UZ UFO & MC Marley - Connection ....Mad bit of mc'ing
I think Hixxy's mix of Kelly Llorenna - Heart of Gold is banging too!

Never fear NUKL3UZ is here!
DJ STYLUS I dont really h8 many songs on this cd but that heart of gold realy does take the piss out of the original (sowwy i think it does).

So express yourself!
atomicb don't worry mate I agree - it's a damn insult. But I suppose we shouldn't moan to much even though I want to :D

It took 2.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page