Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Zonkers 1 - Tracklist Announced!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass Some people call me Zonkers.

But I thought I was free.

Couldnt make an album

without the elitists all hating meeeee!

Some people pay for thrills,

I was releasing mine for free

Man I'm just living my life

Shame about this hardcore scene.
choonland SIMPLY AMAZING MAN!
I really can't wait to have my hands on this one
I can tell it must have been a lot of work, and I'm sure this is going to be extremely succesfull!

The artwork is perfect, the name is perfect, the slogan is perfect
and there are a lot of unknown names to me, so I'm sure we are going to be hearing great talents!

plus, Chewbacca remix is in there!!!
can't wait :D
DJ Lawlzy I figured it was only a matter of time til someone did a Bonkers parody compilation. :P and here it is! Looks pretty good haha, I'll definitely check this out when it's released. :)
eddiewould Are the tracks licensed for use on the compilation?
Dante
Canocorn
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:

XD
DJseaking
quote:
Originally posted by eddiewould:
Are the tracks licensed for use on the compilation?

i think its all community content, so unless they really object to it. i would assume all the tracks are legal, plus some of the tracks were submitted by people
Meathead Sounds incredible Olly! Looking forward to the project
acidfluxxbass Thanks guys. This is no different to a free miz in essence to I dont really see why I'd need to license tracks..
Wilky I can see this takin off in a big way, a retaliation to the AATW bonkers?

That atwork is fab and spot on to the old bonkers style, congrats!

Will this br on itunes?
DeezeNuts I don't post here much but I just wanted to let you know you've got my support.

Can't wait to hear these amazing Mixes.
acidfluxxbass Al Storms not happy. Tracklist revision time.
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Al Storms not happy. Tracklist revision time.

Reading Al's post on Ush he does have a point tbh. As you are marketing it as a 'free download album' rather than a personal DJ mix, artists/labels should be consulted tbh in the same way that Crush on hardcore gets permission from every person involved even though its profitless.
I guess its the whole 'Using someone elses name for your own personal gain and they get nothing' kind of deal.

Artwork looks amazing and I think it could do really well and get alot of downloads, but tbh, I think alot of people will complain about it too.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Al Storms not happy. Tracklist revision time.

Reading Al's post on Ush he does have a point tbh. As you are marketing it as a 'free download album' rather than a personal DJ mix, artists/labels should be consulted tbh in the same way that Crush on hardcore gets permission from every person involved even though its profitless.
I guess its the whole 'Using someone elses name for your own personal gain and they get nothing' kind of deal.

Artwork looks amazing and I think it could do really well and get alot of downloads, but tbh, I think alot of people will complain about it too.

it's also out of respect to the producer too. i'm sure he wouldn't have mind had you asked him before you posted the tracklist i'm more concerned that AATW will have something to say about the album artwork seeing as how they own the rights to the old Bonkers as well as their revamped version. not sure what type of copyright laws y'all have for parodies or similar things like that.
FingazMc Not that i know anything about copyright laws, but surely there woulnt be this much fuss if it was just a mix without artwork?

To be totally honest people downloading any mix or free mixed "album" is not going to stop someone buying the full dj mix of a track is it? Dj's buy the songs to play them live, the casual listener does not buy full tracks. Well i never have anyway....

I have alot of respect for Al Storm, he's a great producer and he probably should of been asked permission, but then so should every person that has a track on a mix made avalible for download....
choonland perhaps big names should be out of the compilation... if they are going to create so much trouble and be a pain in the ass

I think this should a showcase of new and unknown talents instead of perpetuating the same people of the last 20 years, they had their time already.

However I think it is wise to ask for permission to those how didn't actively submit the tracks
though I think they should be cut out... but is not my project...

And about AATW, i feel a little uneasy too, maybe you should do this the most anonymously possible, so in case this get bitchy theres no one to blame
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by choonland:
perhaps big names should be out of the compilation... if they are going to create so much trouble and be a pain in the ass

that was kind of uncalled for. Al Storm isn't being a pain in the ass. By law that is his right to be asked to be removed from a project like this. Those laws are in place to protect producers and artists from being denied royalties from album projects. Even though this album is a free-to-download, you will indirectly gain something from it in the form of recognition, that can lead to more mixing gigs and production request, that eventually does lead to monetary compensation due to the album.

This isn't a "here a new mix i made tell me what you think about it" project. Most of those mixes aren't allowed permission to post a tracklisting for a certain reason Silver explained it in a post before. This is more along the lines of COH and they always ask permission from the producers of the tracks about their inclusion on the album.
Triquatra i think the issue isnt so much the mix as that its being marketed as a product
anyone who knows anything about Brand should understand that...

im mean, COH, HU...thumpa's worldwide freeform compilation..Bonkers...they all start from scratch to build a brand up
a "normal" mix will reach a small handful of people - it doesnt take an Einstein to realise that yoinking/riding on a popular brands popularity will reach a serious amount more coupled with using songs without asking both will get the big names a little annoyed - and then coupled with prospect of "two a year"

so in effect you're using someone elses brand name/popularity (without permission) coupled with other peoples songs (again without permission)

its that "brand" keyword and all that entails that separates this from a normal mix.

by the sounds of things you're going to have more of an issue with tracks you use rather than AATW lol.

i'm not agaisnt it though - i just wanted to say why they might be annoyed
personally i think its a great idea and the artwork is tidy, although little uninspired (wheres the theme!) - i wanted to do something similar once (im sure its crossed lots of peoples minds) but am lazy - glad i didnt now ;)
latininxtc o i 4got to say regardless of the legal issues it is still a pretty damn good project! hope everything goes well with it!
redwingz
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i think the issue isnt so much the mix as that its being marketed as a product
anyone who knows anything about Brand should understand that...

im mean, COH, HU...thumpa's worldwide freeform compilation..Bonkers...they all start from scratch to build a brand up
a "normal" mix will reach a small handful of people - it doesnt take an Einstein to realise that yoinking/riding on a popular brands popularity will reach a serious amount more coupled with using songs without asking both will get the big names a little annoyed - and then coupled with prospect of "two a year"

so in effect you're using someone elses brand name/popularity (without permission) coupled with other peoples songs (again without permission)

its that "brand" keyword and all that entails that separates this from a normal mix.

by the sounds of things you're going to have more of an issue with tracks you use rather than AATW lol.

i'm not agaisnt it though - i just wanted to say why they might be annoyed
personally i think its a great idea and the artwork is tidy, although little uninspired (wheres the theme!) - i wanted to do something similar once (im sure its crossed lots of peoples minds) but am lazy - glad i didnt now ;)

Thats exactly it.

Thats how I explained it on Ush earlier.
DJ Jessie Perfect.
Triquatra

thats got to be my favourite part of that ush thread.....real mature olly *thumbs up*
FingazMc Tbh being involved in this will give you more exposure than most of up & comers could dream of....Controversy creates interest and interest = downloads and everyone knows that downloads = Poontang ;) ;)
DJ Lawlzy
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
Tbh being involved in this will give you more exposure than most of up & comers could dream of....Controversy creates interest and interest = downloads and everyone knows that downloads = Poontang ;) ;)

Yeah this is what I said on Ush.

FingazMc Wow just read the Ush topic. Reminded me why i don't post on there. Im done commenting about this but i will be downloading it as soon as its ready. Good luck with it lads.
acidfluxxbass ive had a stressful day... the ush thread added to that.. ive put hours into zonkers and people are dropping out like flies. ive removed the TLs and done as pepple asked. now, im sorry about writing that alex, but i was stressed and your post didnt help...

posting that up tri was unnecarsafy aswell. why do it? cos this topic seems like a rare drama and youll get involved as possible?? i need peoples support here... im new to this, im learning. the only reason people are complaining is because of how many downloads it MIGHT get.... its a nice idea and the ush thread has brought up valid points, but i really do feel like giving up....
Matt Nightscape Olly mate I know your having trouble with some tracks at the moment. I'd be more than happy to send you over some mate. I don't mind at all if they're in a mix (:
choonland I wont say names, but wow... some real despicable guys down there in ush.net....
silver This looks like a great and fun project but you need to do your home work :)

If your promoting a mix based on the tracks contained in it then your essentially giving tracks away for free... DJ mixes are about the DJ mixing and their ability. It is why we have had the long standing rule of no tracklists unless licensed, you own all the copyright or have 100% permission. Essentially giving a mix away for free is the same as selling it. For example AATW or Sony or Warner or whoever couldn't just put a bunch of tracks together without permission and give it away for free, in short the same goes for DJ mixes.

My suggestion, go the CoH route for a free download, get permission from artists, labels and publishers and build your brand name up. Compare the first CoH tracklist to the most recently and you'll see what I mean. You wont get all the tracks you want but done correctly you can still have a bang on album.
Triquatra I didnt post it, some guy on ush did.
if i wanted in on the drama i would have posted in that ush thread, as i was on your side..until i saw what a douchebag you were being to other people, i don't think it necessarily unnecessary, we were discussing what was going regarding this album, and at the time that was the most current thing that had developed. - perhaps it looks unnecessary now..a day on..but still, maybe it was unnecessary to be a douchebag towards a nice guy? :P
Matt Nightscape At the end of the day silvers point is valid. It's just that it uses some very big names and is based off a big brand which makes it a big deal! (good and bad lol)

The good side of things is that the fact that it's based off bonkers already gives it a hype and makes it appealing. This controversy creates interest and so on.

I signed up for ush, and for a start I don't like their colour scheme or the fact that their logo is kinda drug related xD My two cents (:
DJ Rhythmics I posted that picture, and I'll post it wherever I please. What can I say, I don't appreciate you telling my friends and label mates to **** off for kindly asking you not to play their tunes.

The most ironic part is Cat Like Thief was always behind your project 100%. Way to slag one of very few people who supported the project fully understanding the problems that would inevitably happen.

Contrary to what people tell me I see the good intent and don't think you're a bad guy, but you need to really grow some balls and apologize. If its support you want you're doing a terrible job, and no matter how many times you delete your posts always remember that the internet never forgets, and neither will the producers and djs.
acidfluxxbass right, Zonkers has been gang raped by two hardcore forums, and I didnt even have a PC to use to defend it. The tracklists will be redone, I will negotiate participation from whoever still pledges their support. I shall not use any of the top tier artists and I will not split the tracks. The tracks will be permitted or submitted. The artwork, however unoriginal, or however you define 'parody' shall remain, altered to suit the new circumstances.

I apologise to Alex Trimmer for my comment on facebook - I was agitated by the amount rubbish i was getting from people, and that people would so esily abandom their friends to save their own name. I apologise to Thumpa for my retaliation toward his comment.

This was never a project that was designed to pis people off, or create a new fancy USH style drama. Its a bit of fun, a parody to Bonkers which allows people to mix the music they most enjoy. I didnt expect people to jump on the bandwagon and post for fun, as evidently they did.

People who have an issue with Zonkers being a parody of Bonkers, I suggest you look into the "Cat Not In The Hat" parody of "Cat In The Hat". People who do not want their music on Zonkers, as I said about 24 hours ago, will have it removed. I simply questioned the difference to this and any other mix.

I hope that clears things up. Zonkers, if released, will not be directly mentioned on this or any other major hardcore forum.
Bonkers4Life such a great idea, and people have to b.itch and complain about. good fkin job!

im 100% for this!

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page