Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Dancing / Raving to Happy Hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Warnman I am seriously interested in your experiences / knowledge about this topic.

First please let me get this straight:
Personally I think everyone should interpret the music in his / her own moves. Some things might look grotty to others, some probably neat, but EDM is about getting into state of trance. Still I am sure at least you should know some basics. Please try to avoid to post any tutorial videos, as most of them suck.
I have had problems until January about matching with the speed constantly, but tmo I can handle it now. It only seems to me looking extreamly minimal.
I have watched videos about two different Hardcore dancing styles so far:

1) Hakken and

2) Shuffle

I don't know if there are more styles. Please tell me, if so!

About 1)
Havn't been able to follow to a lot of tutorials and example videos. The perspective of watching someone else doing it and looking downwards to your own movements is so different to me.

About 2) Tbh about 90% of the posted stuff on youtube seems to be fakes: just a bunch of wannabes shuffling without shoes on laminate - come on: no big deal. Wearing street shoes and dance on asphalt or grass is more what I'd call a challenge.

I somehow look forward to mix up both kind of styles, but definitely need more sources of inspiration. Maybe you are able to help me.

Do you dance on raves?
What are your moves?
Any ideas about new sources of inspiration?
Do you know really quality videos (maybe showing some experts)?

Please fell free to write down anything that comes up your mind about dancing / raving to HHC.
Cheers!
SPOOX Do you dance on raves? Yes

What are your moves? Jumping about like a tit. Friends feel embarrassed & try to avoid knowing me.
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
Do you dance on raves? Yes

What are your moves? Jumping about like a tit. Friends feel embarrassed & try to avoid knowing me.

Do you mean like Jumpstyle? I had tried it for a couple of weeks, but
1st) I really suck at this!
2nd) It doesn't look logical to dance it on HHC tmo.
Revs Just freak out haha! Jump to every beat, move a bit with your hands, go back and forward... thats it

Or:

Bonkers4Life
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Just freak out haha! Jump to every beat, move a bit with your hands, go back and forward... thats it

Or:

I saw him play last friday, WHAT A FCUKIN SET!!!!! Best I've heard in so long....then it was Dj Entitys turn, and oooomgg. Sick shit
DJ Lawlzy
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

I saw him play last friday, WHAT A FCUKIN SET!!!!! Best I've heard in so long....then it was Dj Entitys turn, and oooomgg. Sick shit
[/quote]
Until Entity managed to somehow break the mixer haha :P Definitely an awesome night.

Bonkers4Life
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:
quote:

Until Entity managed to somehow break the mixer haha :P Definitely an awesome night.

[/quote]

LOL! That was the best part of his set :P
NekoShuffle You're not meant to do a set dance! It's a rave not a disco!!

GO MENTAL
jenks I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore. I doubt it's humanly possible.
Wilky all about the hardcore stomp
Triquatra +1, when raving its always important to get ones stomp on.
Audio Warfare Not many people at UK raves actually have certain dance moves tbh. People just do whatever. Best way IMO. Then new faces don't feel so worried about how they look dancing as everyone is just all over the place. :P
Wilky hardcore dusnt have any certain dance, its all about getting mashed and looking like a twat
Dain-Ja
quote:
quote:
quote:

Huh? Another Ottawa raver on here? Who are you???

LOL! That was the best part of his set :P

[/quote]

Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Not many people at UK raves actually have certain dance moves tbh. People just do whatever. Best way IMO. Then new faces don't feel so worried about how they look dancing as everyone is just all over the place. :P

It was pretty sad to see UK ravers dance when I visited. They're awful. All they can do is jump up and down...
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore. I doubt it's humanly possible.

And it's incredibly gay.
quote:
You're not meant to do a set dance! It's a rave not a disco!!

GO MENTAL

Absolutely. Choreographed dance moves are for dance classes and pretentious music events. Raves are for raving.
quote:
People just do whatever. Best way IMO

Totally. Everyone is different anyway, you should be doing you're own thing not copying someone else. 'Dancing' properly in a rave is as welcome as Kanye West sunglasses if you ask me (which is the way raves have gone sadly).
yzerman dont think there is any certain moves lol like has been said jump around and go mental no practive needed for that any1 can do it

Shuffle looks good for hardstyle but hardcore is too fast, ive never seen any1 shuffling to anything in the UK tho loads of people were doing it in Oz
Hard2Get Yes hence it's called the Melbourne Shuffle.
Warnman I probably need to requote myself to avoid any misunderstanding:

quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
Personally I think everyone should interpret the music in his / her own moves. Some things might look grotty to others, some probably neat, but EDM is about getting into state of trance.

I certainly do not want to dance in a special style all night long. I hate this herd instinct (everybody dance the same way) in clubs as well.

I am more into grab up different styles and moves and try to mix them up to my own dancing style, if I like them.

I like this video, when it comes to shuffling to HHC:

I am only able to last about half a minute (what at least seems to look close to shuffle tmo), but I think it's allright, because I usualy never try hold it longer and change to another style quickly.
Dain-Ja Exactly. Everyone should have a dancing style not a collective "jump up and down".
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
Exactly. Everyone should have a dancing style not a collective "jump up and down".

If someone is taken to the state of trance simply by doing this, it's just fine. It doesn't work for me personally. I need to freak out for about half an hour until my shirt is drenched in sweat and my body temperature has increased carrying me to a flue-like dizzy feeling.
latininxtc
quote:
I probably need to requote myself to avoid any misunderstanding:

quote:
Personally I think everyone should interpret the music in his / her own moves. Some things might look grotty to others, some probably neat, but EDM is about getting into state of trance.

I certainly do not want to dance in a special style all night long. I hate this herd instinct (everybody dance the same way) in clubs as well.

I am more into grab up different styles and moves and try to mix them up to my own dancing style, if I like them.

I like this video, when it comes to shuffling to HHC:

I am only able to last about half a minute (what at least seems to look close to shuffle tmo), but I think it's allright, because I usualy never try hold it longer and change to another style quickly.

that to me looks like someone randomly shuffling, probably to hardstyle and some1 just added a UK hardcore song to make it look like he's shuffling to the song. doesn't go together at all.

brisbane stomp imo is a really good dance to uk hardcore, and it leaves you room to add a personal touch to it as well.

and yes jumping up and down is stupid. it is the stereotype rave dance that ppl (who know nothing about raves) believe all ravers do at raves, besides drugs
m0nst3r To the guy who said "I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore i don't think its humanly possible"
Hardcore as in UK hardcore...or hardcore as in gabber?
can be done...there's a few people in Brisbane who can

as for dancing to Happy hard, alot of people in brisbane stomp I.e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE

That's not the best vid but you get the point
Quicksilver Hahaha, thanks Revs for reminding me of that vid. I always found it hilarious how crazy he is!
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3r:
To the guy who said "I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore i don't think its humanly possible"
Hardcore as in UK hardcore...or hardcore as in gabber?
can be done...there's a few people in Brisbane who can

as for dancing to Happy hard, alot of people in brisbane stomp I.e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE

That's not the best vid but you get the point

Up to people how they dance and stuff but I can see that annoying people on the dancefloor having people constantly bash into you and flail their legs out kicking people all over the place.

Another thing with the UK is that the reason most people 'just jump up and down' is because we don't have as many people on pills and stuff over here than there is in the states so you don't have loads of cuddle puddles at the sides of the raves and people getting light shows with masks and stuff. You're either at the bar, in the toilet, in the smoking area or going mental on the dancefloor. Might see a few people chilling out at the sides towards the end but most of the time the full focus is on the dancefloor and that's it.

I personally like the American way, just more my kinda style I guess. Nobody knows what a light show is over here, I have just one mate who will actually do one properly for me, nobody else quite understands it!
m0nst3r In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

usually an event in Brisbane will get no more then 200 people, so you don't have to worry about bumping into people.

But now I'm in New Zealand
no raves :(
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore. I doubt it's humanly possible.

And it's incredibly gay.

Lies.

NekoShuffle
quote:
In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

usually an event in Brisbane will get no more then 200 people, so you don't have to worry about bumping into people.

to be honest though, the idea that the UK always has big raves is a load of crap, most of our events average about 200 people, I would love to see a 700 person event that isn't raver baby or HTID etc. As I said before, we don't have a whole lot else going on at the rave so most people are crammed into the dancefloor where you don't have the space to do much else apart from jump around. If you did you'd be knocking peoples drinks out of their hands and you'd have fights breaking out all over the place.
Hard2Get HTID's and similar events are about 1000-3000 capacity lol. One Uproar i went to was 10 000. But yeah there is absolutely no room to really do much. Just as well that i hate the main rooms and go where the real music is, as there is much less people there.
NekoShuffle
quote:
HTID's and similar events are about 1000-3000 capacity lol. One Uproar i went to was 10 000. But yeah there is absolutely no room to really do much. Just as well that i hate the main rooms and go where the real music is, as there is much less people there.

Was that the capacity or the attendance. Standard club is about 500 capacity I think. normally most raves have about 200 attendance. Can't speak for bigger events because after Raver Baby I don't particularly wanna go to another esp. if they're up north. I think that was about... 800 in attendance? Not good at these things but it was so cramped. Walking anywhere took like 10 minutes just to get out to the smoking area.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
HTID's and similar events are about 1000-3000 capacity lol. One Uproar i went to was 10 000. But yeah there is absolutely no room to really do much. Just as well that i hate the main rooms and go where the real music is, as there is much less people there.

Was that the capacity or the attendance. Standard club is about 500 capacity I think. normally most raves have about 200 attendance. Can't speak for bigger events because after Raver Baby I don't particularly wanna go to another esp. if they're up north. I think that was about... 800 in attendance? Not good at these things but it was so cramped. Walking anywhere took like 10 minutes just to get out to the smoking area.

Capacity, i can't think the attendance is far from that either given how packed they get.
Warnman Brisbane Stomps sounds interesting. I will definetly check about this. Thanks!
RaverOfDarkness I personally dance to hardcore the same way i dance to trance except faster moves. Can't quiet find the way to describe my dancing style at the moment though.
warped_candykid You just jump up and down. If you're going to be a raver, you gotta get over that "looking stupid" feeling.
Revs Oh and sometimes I dance to it like to Drum and Bass, to every second beat, but that depends on the song and the percussions :)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Oh and sometimes I dance to it like to Drum and Bass, to every second beat, but that depends on the song and the percussions :)

Yeah i would say that's just common sense. People ask how you shuffle to Hardcore, well, people, use your brains. It dosn't have to be on EVERY beat to be in time.
JayHH86 It's highly unlikely, or barely appropriate, should I say, that what I do when I'm at raves can even come close to being categorized as dancing.

I just flip-the-fcuk-out in a drunken frage (friendly-rage). Trance is the wrong word to describe it, but I'm engulfed by this feeling, and time seems to just disappear. I can spend hours moving at a ferocious pace. I must cover anything up to ten miles per night when I'm raving on that dance floor. Stopping only for booze re-fills (consumed entirely at the bar - you cannie rave with a drink in your hand) and piss-stops.

I hasten to add that I will be the first to admit that I must look like a total fcuking retard.
NekoShuffle
quote:
In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

how are you doing mate?? Heard there was a big earthquake there, are you and your friends n family safe?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
It's highly unlikely, or barely appropriate, should I say, that what I do when I'm at raves can even come close to being categorized as dancing.

I just flip-the-fcuk-out in a drunken frage (friendly-rage). Trance is the wrong word to describe it, but I'm engulfed by this feeling, and time seems to just disappear. I can spend hours moving at a ferocious pace. I must cover anything up to ten miles per night when I'm raving on that dance floor. Stopping only for booze re-fills (consumed entirely at the bar - you cannie rave with a drink in your hand) and piss-stops.

I hasten to add that I will be the first to admit that I must look like a total fcuking retard.

Yes this is the English way :P No room for pretentiousness here lol.

DJ Lawlzy
quote:
quote:
It's highly unlikely, or barely appropriate, should I say, that what I do when I'm at raves can even come close to being categorized as dancing.

Man, I thought all the English people wore tophats and monocles to raves.... Actually there's an idea for a themed rave!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:

Man, I thought all the English people wore tophats and monocles to raves.... Actually there's an idea for a themed rave!

I truly wish they did.
Fluffbomb
quote:
quote:
You're not meant to do a set dance! It's a rave not a disco!!

GO MENTAL

Absolutely. Choreographed dance moves are for dance classes and pretentious music events. Raves are for raving.

This! Do whatever you feel like but just make sure its in time with tempo and remember the breakdowns are for getting your breath back.

I remember in the mid-90's there at House nights there used to be guys hardly dancing who would suddenly break into short choreographed routines that had no relationship to the tempo of the music. Always thought they were idiots there to show off rather than enjoy themselves.

I was at a club a couple of months ago and there was some guy dancing like a nutcase during the breakdown. At least he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Hard2Get I find it odd that anyone can dance during a breakdown (unless there is some kind of beat), there is nothing to dance to! Unless of course you are so wasted that you think there is.
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffbomb:
I remember in the mid-90's there at House nights there used to be guys hardly dancing who would suddenly break into short choreographed routines that had no relationship to the tempo of the music. Always thought they were idiots there to show off rather than enjoy themselves.

When I served my military service, I was stationed at a hicktown in the middle of nowhere. The only club in town played all popular genres all over the place. The local youth had a dancing style, they used for every song. All the soldiers were making fun of them looking so ridiculous.
NekoShuffle
quote:
I find it odd that anyone can dance during a breakdown (unless there is some kind of beat), there is nothing to dance to! Unless of course you are so wasted that you think there is.

haha about a year ago I was at a rave in london and this dude in his...late 30s /early 40s had a short gingerish beard was topless and wearing these shorts with torn bottoms and a leather gardeners hat (bald underneath)...basically he had this 'theme' going through the night that he was insane and all of his dance moves involved him going MENTAL and freaking out like a madman to such an extent that some of the more 'fashionable' girl dancers were thoroughly put off and moved away in a disgusted way (which was hilarious to watch). I thought this was brilliant and danced alongside him for hours, moving out of the way when he would clutch his head and swing his entire upper body around in random directions like a lunatic, occasionally looking up to the lasers and letting out a loud howling noise.

Security kept checking on him and people were constantly asking him if he was alright but I saw him taking perfectly normal water breaks so I don't think he was on any particularly out-of-the-ordinary drugs but it was great to be taking hits from these NOS balloons they were doing and to see this guy going mental...love moments like that!
DJ SMALOUM why you don't try to dance with a gun like this?

_Jay_

Oh my GOD. That's amazing man! You legend. Hopefully see you around soon. :-)

Oh, and is that your tune, by the way? Very nice track actually.

DJ SMALOUM
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Oh my GOD. That's amazing man! You legend. Hopefully see you around soon. :-)

Oh, and is that your tune, by the way? Very nice track actually.

aw thank you m8 i love act a fo ool with my laserquest gun.

and yes it's one of my tracks glad u enjoy but the youtube quality is really bad you can listen with a better sound here

or the complete track here:
https://ecstacy-t.bandcamp.com/track/harleyform

maybe 1 day you'll see me for true on a rave do madness with my gun ;)
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:

maybe 1 day you'll see me for true on a rave do madness with my gun ;)

We live in Britain/France, not the USA...

Sayyy what bitchazzz!!!
Samination We have a crazy italian guy producing italo disco on his gameboy color. We have a lunatic frenchman shooting random people to the beat. And here I am just standing in my corner muttering some stupid words about profit and gain
djDMS Good luck getting through customs with your weapon out

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page