Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Anyone willing to admit they listen to classical%3F

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Lilley Some of the best music ever written by my book.
Karthy Yes... Some classical pieces have beautiful pianos :') I like pianos :')

Obviously it's not something I'll listen to much but yeah, often I'll listen to it simply because it's beautiful.

Triquatra willing to admit?

im more willing to admit i listen to classical than i am eurodance :P

my dad was a music teacher, (classically trained) so classical music had a large influence on my life - after he died we were left with well over 400 classical music cds and a large collection of elizabethan instruments

big fan of Dvorak, Henry Purcell, Vivaldi, Tomaso Albinoni...theres so much its mind boggling.
v-act Oh yeah! Waltz of the Snowflakes by Tchaikovsky is one of my favourites!
djDMS Absolutely! Much more willing to admit than a lot of other genres.
whispering My wakeup light alarm clock emulates the sunrise while playing a classic music radio :)

Only have a dozen or so CD's though.
Dante Yeah man, the writing is so much more complex and dynamic than newer genres of music. I don't listen to it that much really, but sometimes you can't beat a bit of classical.

Favourite old school composer must be Vivaldi, and in newer times Garry Schyman (Bioshock etc).
Simon I do...

Dvorak is my favourite
latininxtc I like it, but I don't listen to it as often as I would like. Gershwin is one of my favorites. Like his mixture of classical and jazz.
Warnman I guess, that if some of the artists back then had the same technical possibilities, they would produce electronic music today (the others probably would produce Metal).
It rather is the music's way of production than the sound of the music. You're not only simply writing music, you compose.

I think there are a lot of great melodies, but for my personal taste classical music sounds too old-fashioned. I probably never will be able to really enjoy it deeply.
whispering A similar "genre", trailer music, is IMHO more awesome:

Globus (Immediate Music)

Two Steps From Hell

City Of The Fallen
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I guess, that if some of the artists back then had the same technical possibilities, they would produce electronic music today (the others probably would produce Metal).

I reckon you're high.
Lilley Currently listening to St Matthew's Passion.
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
I do...

Dvorak is my favourite

love me some new world

played in an orchestra (and a jazz band here and there) for roughly 15 years of my life so yeah, I like some of it =P
ultraskool Yeah, I 'listen to Classical Trance and Classical Happy Hardcore tracks. I like Classic Trance music-
I reckon Trance and Classical Music can go hand-in-hand because they are simply beautiful pieces of music. - I mean the Really Good Trance

e.g. BBE - Seven Days and One Week, Robert Miles - Children
Archefluxx I listen to one or two bits.

My mates put Pavarotti on Youtube while my friends and I were playing FIFA and when the emotional part on the song came on, my mate got the ball to Suarez and made a run with oads of skill moves and chipped the keeper at the 120th minute in extra time. We were like crying and shit, it was unreal. Wish we recorded it, it was a moment of glory.
Hard2Get I don't think anyone would ever have trouble admitting it. In fact i think if anything it's something people choose to be arrogant about.
Plus if you're willing to admit to listen to Hardcore (at least as it currently is) then it dosn't really get much worse than that.
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Wish we recorded it, it was a moment of glory.

Sounds cool, but very much a you had to be there moment.
Samination classical works good with heavy metal :)
Triquatra classical works good with everything
Revs I posted this one on here a while ago:

Ludovico Einaudi - Fuori Dal Mondo

danielseven I do listen occasionally to classical music. It's very good.
The Lynch Effect Nothing wrong with a bit of classical, my parents brought me up on classical and it has done me no harm.
Lilley people that like regular commercial trash generally think it's a bit gay.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
people that like regular commercial trash generally think it's a bit gay.

The irony there being that commercial trash is as gay as it gets.
DJ Lawlzy
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I don't think anyone would ever have trouble admitting it. In fact i think if anything it's something people choose to be arrogant about.
Plus if you're willing to admit to listen to Hardcore (at least as it currently is) then it dosn't really get much worse than that.

this ahaha

deathproof627 I don't listen to it as much as i used to but I would have to say my favorite composer is Tchaikovsky
Lilley Just received the Vespers of the Blessed Virgin by Gardiner. Will be good.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Just received the Vespers of the Blessed Virgin by Gardiner. Will be good.

Think i've seen that on DVD
Empyreal I also like many kinds of orchestral stuff: classic, baroque, score/trailer music etc. From time to time I try to bring both worlds (orchestral music and hardcore) together. So far I did not really succeed. If you like you can listen to one of my attempts here:
http://soundcloud.com/mopp-b/blockbuster
Kail Not classical, but really epic orchestral ost. If you don't like it, then I'm really sorry about you. Real orchestral hardcore.

P.S.: love Tchaikovsky, Sviridov, Beethoven, Wagner, Clayderman, Horner, Shore, Howard, Zimmer...
_Jay_ That is epic.
NekoShuffle I don't avidly listen to classical for fun but I listen to it as a point of reference musically seeing as it's a great demonstration of music theory in action really. There's some pieces I enjoy but not enough to call myself a fan, I do listen to modern orchestral scores and so on though.
Kail Previous example wasn't full. Intro fits so great to the ost main theme, so it should be shown always together.
Bulletstorm - original version with ingame intro.
lurker I love me some classical every now and then. Really into late 19th/early 20th century stuff, like Debussy, Ravel, Scriabin and the like, but a little Beethoven or Bach is fine too.
Dopeman i listen to classical when i can't sleep or if i'm stoned it helps me keep from going nuts at times so relaxing
Lilark I enjoy some pretty piano songs now and then, certain classics aren't so bad. Some jazz is alright to.
Dys7 I've heard alot of classical, romantic, baroque style music because I'm in a couple of serious orchestras. I've been playing percussion since elementary school, and I've played a lot of amazing songs.
I don't listen to it habitually on my own though.

SpiritWolf The uplifting trance I listen to and produce usually has an orchestral breakdown. I've been getting into more and more classical stuff because of it.

cruelcore1 Classical, or more precisely orchestral and old-fashioned instrumental, is a true piece of art. But its not my thing. Id prefer slow asian flute-music, New Age and stuff like that. Peace of art as well

It took 2.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page