Total online 1803
 Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scene report: more "new HHC sound" in 2003?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
The Light Brigade Ok, could you guys tell me more about your scene over there?
I'd like to get info from other countries.
for example, what is the scene like nowadays in Engeland?

When you talk about HHC in Holland people think you are from another planet, it probably reminds them of the early HHC sound from Holland which indeed contained lots of bad releases.
I think the new hhc sound could set a new trend, I met a few people who also love the english sound and get more and more interested.

I call it "the new hhc sound" because tunes nowadays have nothing to do with hhc that is known over here in Holland (hc from years ago), so when it would invade this part of europe it would be a new sound for us.
At the moment 99% over here hates HHC, but actually I think they just don't know the recent stuff (yet).

by the way, are more recent tunes also known as "a new sound" over there? Or is it just the same as it has always been?

ok thanks.

mc trev the older hardcore 95-98 stylee is the most popular (happyhardcore)
the new sound is called freeform

HAVIN IT HARDCORE

why is hardcore called hardcore when it could be called bouncy techno?
SteveW2k1 Well mate in the UK we don't refer to it as "Happy Hardcore" anymore because that particular term and sound caused the downfall of the scene. It's just usually called "Hardcore" now or "UKHardcore" or even "Upfront Hardcore".

The scene over here is just beginning to take off again after a bit of a slump since 98...it's getting bigger again and it's much better than ever before. In the Netherlands/Holland people probably give you funny looks when you mention happy hardcore because they recognise that as the old cheesy sound that's long gone. People in Holland prefer their hardcore harder than hard and listen to Gabber by Dj Paul, Neophyte, Promo for example.

Don't think I've really answered your questions but maybe I've given you a clue?

'Happy Hardcore will never die'

Best hhc song ever -'Toytown'

mc trev
quote:
Originally posted by SteveW2k1:
Well mate in the UK we don't refer to it as "Happy Hardcore" anymore because that particular term and sound caused the downfall of the scene. It's just usually called "Hardcore" now or "UKHardcore" or even "Upfront Hardcore".

The scene over here is just beginning to take off again after a bit of a slump since 98...it's getting bigger again and it's much better than ever before. In the Netherlands/Holland people probably give you funny looks when you mention happy hardcore because they recognise that as the old cheesy sound that's long gone. People in Holland prefer their hardcore harder than hard and listen to Gabber by Dj Paul, Neophyte, Promo for example.

Don't think I've really answered your questions but maybe I've given you a clue?

96 style hardcore will never die,its not long gone

why are u on happyhardcore.com if u hate it?????

silver Don't label it, listen to it!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
dj_stey_iz_ere AMEN

havin problems with maths call me on 37+45 66-45 25/3 56 times 5 4556-100
SteveW2k1
[/quote]

96 style hardcore will never die,its not long gone

why are u on happyhardcore.com if u hate it?????

[/quote]

I dont hate hardcore...I love it but I'm saying I don't call it "Happy Hardcore" anymore just "Hardcore"...the happy tag I don't like...makes it sound childish and cheesy which is basically what a lot of the 96 stuff sounds like when you listen to it all over again.

junglist_angel yep... same here.
You just about described what the scene is like in Belgium. The only happy hardcore they know is the stuff that ID&T and Arcade put out with all the Thunderdome DJ's. Well.. that is... if they even know that!
When I try to make people listen to hh here, they hear bout 30 sec of it and say they hate it. They don't really ever give it a chance.
If you'd be interested in throwing a party, me & Stevie C (also on the boards) are discussing bringing oldskool in first. We're in Brussels. If you'd like to try something perhaps near the border. Masstricht?
Lemme know

The Light Brigade /turning dutch mode on

ik woon in maastricht ;)

/turning dutch mode off

number2301
quote:
Originally posted by mc trev:
the older hardcore 95-98 stylee is the most popular (happyhardcore)
the new sound is called freeform

HAVIN IT HARDCORE

Nah mate Happy Hardcore is long gone and the new sound isn't called Freeform at all. Heh

You'll find its best to just ignore MC Trev. He's an idiot.

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'
The Light Brigade hehe ok

so what is the name being used mostly, UK HARDCORE?

milo yah, uk hardcore or just hardcore, though stateside it's thought of as the darker stuff. freeform (aka trancecore) is also relatively new, but it's a very distinct sound.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
DJ Mouse and that's the sound that's proving popular with all my mates,even the garage heads!

--------------------------------------------------
"Of all the things that I have lost, it is my mind which I miss the most"

DJ Mouse
No Left Turn
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Don't label it, listen to it!

that may be the best thing i've ever seen you post :)

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.liquidvinyldjs.com
tommo Most people round here just call it Hardcore.
And I think it fits the new sound best because its not all cheesy and happy
soundin nowadays.
I also kinda like the trance stuff that Brisk,Scott brown,Hixxy etc have bin
spinnin of late.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
djtommyrenegade HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UK Hardcore? Never heard the term before, did you make it up????

In Northern Ireland the Hardcore peaked in 2001/02, with a local pirate radio station, Energy 106, but unfortuneatly, this station played the worse and cheesiest hardcore ever made, completely ruining the true and harded tunes, and then you had little trance heads walking about ,"Aye i listen to rave,
i mean WHO CALLS IT RAVE ANYMORE!!!!!

Then a certain dj appeared, released two cds, first one all cheese, the second good tunes, but very badly mixed. He slagged off the nations best dj's Tizer and Paddy Frazer, the two who helped bring hardcore to our shores.

BUT LONG LIVE HARDCORE!!!!! w00t w00t

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
RaverBaby69 well I luv the 96-98 stuff i think its gr8 but I like the newer stuff too I'm not living in the past! lol

"I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feelin the music"
junglist_angel
quote:
Originally posted by The Light Brigade:
/turning dutch mode on

ik woon in maastricht ;)

/turning dutch mode off

"I begrijp wat zeg je, maar mijn Nederlands is niet zo goed."

Hope that came out right... I speak french and english, but my dutch is very bad. I can understand a bit, but not that much. Well, if you'de be interested in doing something over there, lemme know. I'm all up for it

DJ Pathfinder its all hardcore

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Hard2Get Yeah and s'll good :)

strychnine Is anyone else wanting another long-ass argument? I'm really not in the mood, but it'd be a crying shame to waste such a nice juicy topic like this ...

djyogi Here in Australia, everyone is more into the new happyhardcore/freeform sound with hardly anyone being into extreme hardcore .i.e. gabber. although there is a crew here that r into that type of stuff and there all the ppl from the record label bloody fist which is a newcastle record ;label .

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
strychnine ^^ actually I think you'll find gabber is quite big in the Aus scene.

; )

strychnine ^^ nup, just stating a fact: gabber does have a pretty strong following here in Sydney. It's not huge, mind you (and you can blame that on the DJ's and promoters not getting their collective act together), but anyone who says that "hardly anyone" listens to it must have their head buried in the sand.

No sir-ee, that potentially huge argument in this thread relates to the whole categorisation thing. Unfortunately, I'm really not in the frame of mind for one of those, so I won't start one just now.

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page